SMOKE AL85 problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenJen101

May 8, 2013
Puyallup, WA
I just bought a SMOKE al85 & I'm really liking it. But... As soon as I went to refill my juice & slid the piece over to start using it, it wouldn't work. The screen turned on, & everything looked right. But as soon as I hit it, nothing happened.
Any ideas? I'm mad because I was really enjoying this new set up & now it's croaked out on me.
Thanks!

Reactions: BrotherBob

JenJen101

May 8, 2013
Puyallup, WA
This is a pic of what comes up in the screen. It says coil OHM & New & Old w/arrows on both sides.

Attachments

• IMG_6324.JPG
    IMG_6324.JPG
    960.7 KB · Views: 2,343

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
This is a pic of what comes up in the screen. It says coil OHM & New & Old w/arrows on both sides.
It is asking you if its a new coil or an old one. I usually pick the new and let it re read the atty.
Just press either button really up or down (left or right arrow button) for the wattage buttons and it will work.

:)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
OMG you ROCK!!! Thank you SO MUCH!!! So why does that come up about the new & old coil? I can't thank you enough...seriously!!
Every time you take the tank off the mod, then put it back on, it will ask you if you have a new coil or not. Its just the way they programmed the mod and it sets the proper internal controls.
Glad it was a simple fix. :)

What tank are you using?

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
I just bought a SMOKE AL85 & I'm really liking it. But... As soon as I went to refill my juice & slid the piece over to start using it, it wouldn't work. The screen turned on, & everything looked right. But as soon as I hit it, nothing happened.
Any ideas? I'm mad because I was really enjoying this new set up & now it's croaked out on me.
Thanks!
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
Tank Flooding Explained | Learning Center | VaVaVape
Tank type atomizers... For new vapists - how they work | E-Cigarette Forum
TFV8 leaking

Reactions: JenJen101

JenJen101

May 8, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Every time you take the tank off the mod, then put it back on, it will ask you if you have a new coil or not. Its just the way they programmed the mod and it sets the proper internal controls.
Glad it was a simple fix. :)

What tank are you using?

I'm using the Smok tank that came with the battery. I believe it's just a smaller version of the regular Smok one. It has the top that flips to the side on the top that I love!! I like top fillers much more than my Aspire ones that you have to take off & turn upside down to fill. I have to say that since you've explained how to fix this for me it's now my absolute favorite mod I own. Thanks again so much! Now if I can just find a decent juice that's not going to cost me an arm & a leg my life would be complete!

:thumb:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
I'm using the Smok tank that came with the battery. I believe it's just a smaller version of the regular Smok one. It has the top that flips to the side on the top that I love!! I like top fillers much more than my Aspire ones that you have to take off & turn upside down to fill. I have to say that since you've explained how to fix this for me it's now my absolute favorite mod I own. Thanks again so much! Now if I can just find a decent juice that's not going to cost me an arm & a leg my life would be complete!

:thumb:
You could consider making the juice yourself. Visit ECF's DIY forum for information on how to accomplish this. Costs to make your own is next to nothing and then you know exactly what goes into the ejuice because you make it yourself. There is a small learning curve but its not rocket science. Back when I started vaping, there wasn't easy availability to good ejuice so I learned how and have been doing so every since. Something to consider and saves tons of cash.
DIY E-Liquid

JenJen101

May 8, 2013
Puyallup, WA
You could consider making the juice yourself. Visit ECF's DIY forum for information on how to accomplish this. Costs to make your own is next to nothing and then you know exactly what goes into the ejuice because you make it yourself. There is a small learning curve but its not rocket science. Back when I started vaping, there wasn't easy availability to good ejuice so I learned how and have been doing so every since. Something to consider and saves tons of cash.
DIY E-Liquid
Oh it's happening again after I refill the tank but now nothing is coming up to get me to that area that talks about whether it's a new or old coil. Idk what's going on with this set up, buts it's infuriating me.
As for making my own juice, I'm sorry I had a hard time just finding out where we had chatted before! I would love to, & had gotten into reading up on it. It sounds easy enough, goggles, beakers, PG, VG, etc, but knowing me I'd burn down my house &/or by the time I ended up w/1 decent batch. My hubby vapes only vanilla custard, which I heard is a hard flavor to make. He buys it online for $20 for 120ml. I like pretty much anything fruity or sweet except strawberry. Oh 1 last question. Approximately how much would I save for instance if I could figure out how to make my husbands vanilla ejuice if he's going through 120ml every 12-14 days? Thanks again-for everything!!!

---Vaping for 4 years---

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
My hubby vapes only vanilla custard, which I heard is a hard flavor to make. He buys it online for $20 for 120ml. I like pretty much anything fruity or sweet except strawberry.
Vanilla Custard isn't hard to do. GVC (the UK version) was pretty much 2 flavors.
There are some superb Custards you can buy as 'one shot' flavor concentrates.
I make a liquid called 'Boardwalk' (DIY or DIE, enyawreklaw, wayne walker) and it's a one shot. I reckon it's $7 (equivalent) for 100ml.

JenJen101

May 8, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Vanilla Custard isn't hard to do. GVC (the UK version) was pretty much 2 flavors.
There are some superb Custards you can buy as 'one shot' flavor concentrates.
I make a liquid called 'Boardwalk' (DIY or DIE, enyawreklaw, wayne walker) and it's a one shot. I reckon it's $7 (equivalent) for 100ml.
Wow that's great to know! I've never made any E juice before but I'm thinking about breaking down & buying all of the stuff to get started. Any ideas on where the best places to order the equipment would be? Thanks again.

Reactions: djsvapour

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Oh it's happening again after I refill the tank but now nothing is coming up to get me to that area that talks about whether it's a new or old coil. Idk what's going on with this set up, buts it's infuriating me.
As for making my own juice, I'm sorry I had a hard time just finding out where we had chatted before! I would love to, & had gotten into reading up on it. It sounds easy enough, goggles, beakers, PG, VG, etc, but knowing me I'd burn down my house &/or by the time I ended up w/1 decent batch. My hubby vapes only vanilla custard, which I heard is a hard flavor to make. He buys it online for $20 for 120ml. I like pretty much anything fruity or sweet except strawberry. Oh 1 last question. Approximately how much would I save for instance if I could figure out how to make my husbands vanilla ejuice if he's going through 120ml every 12-14 days? Thanks again-for everything!!!

---Vaping for 4 years---
If nothing is 'connecting' then first remove the tank and make sure you have the coil screwed in properly in the base of the tank, doesn't have to be as tight as possible, just make sure it is snug and threaded correctly. Then try again on the mod.

If that is not it, let me know and we can go from there.

To find where you have posted before, you can do several things to help with that. In your profile, you can click to show all of your posts. You can subscribe to any thread or forum by using the submenus located at the top of every page. You can click or hover over the 'Alerts' button located on the right side of the page just to the right of the button for your inbox.

The post for the custard that @djsvapour listed should be very good as DoOrDie is a master mixer. You can just google it. If I find the recipe I will post it or send you a link where to find it.

::)

DoOrDie 'Boardwalk' is not a custard but more of a milkshake with strawberry and banana.
Capella's has a vanilla custard you can try. So do lots of other vendors. But the recipes and flavor should be discussed here
DIY E-Liquid

just start a new thread.

Last edited:

JenJen101

May 8, 2013
Puyallup, WA
Need help!! Just received my smok AL85 have been charging it now for 2 hours and still showing up as 0% and not letting it fire

The display comes on while it's connected to power source but no fire
Hi Wahid! I'm kind of confused as to where you're seeing the % charged. Are you charging the mod w/the battery inside or are you charging the battery that goes inside the AL85?

manny123maggie

Unresolved Status
Jun 2, 2017
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread