Smokeless Image E-Liquid Made in China. Safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sk8man121

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
ME
Hey guys,

So I've been reading a lot about the debate about whether or not e-liquid that is made in China is safe. I use pre-filled cartomizers from Smokeless Image (Volt), and was a bit disturbed when I got this email today in response to my question about where the liquid is produced:

Our Volt line, which has Volt liquid and pre-filled cartomizers, are China made- however, I do not know this exact manufacturer's name. The ingredients include Propylene Glycol (PG), Vegetable Glycerin (VG), water, nicotine, and flavoring.

Is this something I should be concerned about? Why exactly are Chinese e-liquids looked down upon? Is this still true, even, or have opinions changed (threads on Chinese liquid seem to be rather old).

I really enjoy the taste of their RY4 and Desert Joe and have bought a few packs of the cartomizers; I'd hate to see them go to waste.

Last edited:
In truth you are probably fine vaping the e-liquid from Smokeless. I think the hesitancy to use Chinese made juice is a result of news stories such as lead paint in children's toys or tainted toothpaste. These stories can make it seem that Chinese products have death permeating their products but considering the amount of consumable items -that are just fine- exported to the US , it hardly seems worth it to worry.

Personally I like US made products because unlike Smokeless' e-mail I do know the exact manufacturer! For me one of the great things about vaping is that there are so many small independent juice suppliers (that make some very very good products). It is in every regard the polar opposite of Big Tobacco. And I for one want to keep it that way.

sk8man121

ECF Veteran
Dec 15, 2012
ME
I'll admit that I was sketched out by the fact that they wouldn't actually provide the name of the manufacturer, but I look at it this way -

1.) Look how many billions of people live in China. I know the lead paint thing has happened etc, but if they were THAT lax about ingestibles, i'm sure people over there would be dropping like flies.

2.) Have you ever eaten at a legitimate chinese restaurant? If so, you're probably eating a whole pocket full of ingredients imported from China.

3.) American-made steroid injections gave a healthy amount of people meningitis in recent months. We aren't without our problems here, either.

I guess what I was wondering is if there was any reason to believe that e-liquid produced in china is perhaps any more dangerous than, say, food you might buy at your local asian market.

Thoughts?

Tracker II

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
I used to worry more about buying juice from small "mom & pop" shops in the US. Who knows what's been on that kitchen counter before they start mixing (raw chicken anyone?). I DIY now mainly because I'm cheap but also to have more control over the mixing process.

That being said, I haven't heard of anyone getting sick on any juice from any supplier in the nearly two years that I've been here.

JudeaB

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2012
Tasmania Australia
I personally think it's naive to think that ejuices mixed in the US (unless specified) aren't using ingredients from China (nic and flavoring especially) which goes the same to the materials used for DIY.

I agree. It is a small world today and many things are misleadingly labelled to give an impression of a false origin. I personally love some in the Volt range and have been using them since I started vaping, and will continue using. Sure there have been some issues of imports from China, not with nicliquid I must add, and there have been issues with food products and goods made in Australia and the USA and UK too. I see on the forums many vapers order from China and have not read of any issues. Think what I mainly want to know is: Nicotine strength, PG/VG ratio and flavour.
Cheers and Carry on Vaping! :)

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
On YouTube there are video tours of Chinese e-liquid manufacturing facilities. They're mighty impressive and certainly more "clean" than some American basement "lab," next to the laundry tubs and the kitty-litter box.

I've generally been happy with Chinese e-liquids. Occasionally I'll take exception to a flavor as being not to my liking. But that goes about quintuple for a lot of really nasty American-made e-liquids — what were those blenders thinking? :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread