SmokTech RSST Genesis Rebuildable Atomizer

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinchellNomNom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Phoenix
Just built a SS mesh wick and 30g coil on this RBA, my first mesh build for this one.

This thing is just plain easy to build on. Literally five minutes from inserting the wick to filling with juice and vaping away at 0.8ohms. Pulsing is made easier because you get glow from both the negative and positive posts due to the insulated wick hole. A minute or two of pulsing and a few seconds of prodding and the coil glows evenly from the middle out. Totally un-oxidized wick, just bare mesh.

This may just convince me to go back to vaping mesh. I'm usually not crazy about the stainless experience, but with the build this easy and blowing huge clouds in minutes, I may have to re-think.

Same here. I went from primarily genny to primarily drippers back to primarily genny with this atty. Weird, but its just so easy.

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
I ordered one from Captivape today and went ahead and paid them to drill the air hole to 1.3mm. Something to note. Their website says that the smok rsst tank is made of polycarbonate instead of the tougher polypropylene. All the other sites say the tank is made of polyproplyene. I saw this after ordering. I emailed them about it and they promptly emailed me back saying that according to the smok catalog, it lists them as polycarb. The tank is a smoked color like polyprop, not clear like polycarb. I diy and don't think I use anything that could crack the polycarb but I'm hoping it's polyprop. :confused:

WinchellNomNom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Phoenix
I ordered one from Captivape today and went ahead and paid them to drill the air hole to 1.3mm. Something to note. Their website says that the smok rsst tank is made of polycarbonate instead of the tougher polypropylene. All the other sites say the tank is made of polyproplyene. I saw this after ordering. I emailed them about it and they promptly emailed me back saying that according to the smok catalog, it lists them as polycarb. The tank is a smoked color like polyprop, not clear like polycarb. I diy and don't think I use anything that could crack the polycarb but I'm hoping it's polyprop. :confused:

When inquiring about bulk with different smok reps, I was told two different things. Worst thing about dealing with chinese vape gear is misinformation. Im sure other vendors ran into the same misinformation

st0nedpenguin

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2010
WA
  • Deleted by Judge Dredd
  • Reason: Enough!

Clearo-Mizer

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2013
Woodstock Ga
  • Deleted by Judge Dredd
  • Reason: Enough!

StaircaseWit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
The Pit of Despair
Anyone figure out how to prevent it from leaking down the center post? I'm liking this atty right now due the ease of the set up and it's a very nice looking. Just sucks that I always have to check for leaks and clean my 510 connections.

I haven't noticed that on mine at all, and I've been using it daily since I got it. Are you sure the top insulator is in place? The bottom 'delrin' threaded ring should be preventing any juice from getting to your 510 connection even if it were to leak from the top, though.

I'd closely examine everything. It shouldn't be leaking (or at least mine certainly doesn't). Post pictures if possible; maybe something is amiss with yours.

Jaseruckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Chicago Area
As far as I can tell from the last time I cleaned it, everything is in place. It's been like this from the first time I set it up. I have it on my Provari mini and after a while of use, I would take off the device and see liquid on the 510 connection. I do have the center pin screwed in enough to get rid of any gaps. I might try switching the delrin insulator with the ones that came with the age-t. Maybe I can find a tiny o-ring.

Jaseruckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Chicago Area
Here's some pics I took right after I posted and what do you know....leaking again. 20130407_153038_resized.jpg 20130407_153214_resized.jpg

45root

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2012
montgomery, AL
Here's some pics I took right after I posted and what do you know....leaking again. View attachment 196735 View attachment 196736

I dont have that problem. I did grind down my pin so that it is flat though and mine sticks out a little more than normal. I guess mine may be a little tighter because of that.

The problem for me has been the flooding of the top cap. I finally just wrapped my wick with some silica. just one wrap below the bottom coil with 1mm silica.

StaircaseWit

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
The Pit of Despair
Here's some pics I took right after I posted and what do you know....leaking again.

Why are you even getting juice on the deck? Are you using a tiny wick? Is the fill-hole plug out?

I get a drop or two of juice on the deck, and a bit of condensation, but not enough to really make it leak down the center tube. That's really strange. Just so you know if you didn't, you won't harm the provari with a drop or two of juice. I've had juice literally covering my provari and it wipes right off with no ill effects.

The problem for me has been the flooding of the top cap. I finally just wrapped my wick with some silica. just one wrap below the bottom coil with 1mm silica.

I don't get that either. How loose is your wick?

Jaseruckus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Chicago Area
I replaced the top delrin with the silicone one spare one that came with the aga-t. Put a a small o-ring in between the tube and top surface. Still minor leaks still.

Liquid gets to the top due to the habit I got of tilting 3'oclock with gen atty's. I'm think that's why I'm getting liquid on the surface top, my wick is not thin but I do had some wiggle room. 20130407_162135.jpg

Hello World

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2012
Vancouver
my wick is not thin but I do had some wiggle room.
Just my own preference ... when I do make SS wicks, I roll them solidly tight and large enough to fit snugly through the wickhole. Some folks feel it mutes the flavor somewhat, but I haven't found that to be the case when tipping. I believe you have either a 3.4mm or 3.5mm wickhole. A 1/8 ceramic wick will also not leak based on my experiences with them.

Last edited:

WinchellNomNom

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2013
Phoenix
I get a slight leak at the bottom with my AC9, which has the same center post design as the RSST. It's not enough to worry about; but I do find a drop or two in the 510 connector of my Natural, when I remove it.

I also get some leaking in both of my RSST's. A drop at the 510 positive pin. The amount of leaking is always the same though. After 5 hours or 2 days still just that single drop. It's not an issue for me. I ordered two more knowing this.

Buzzsaw46

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2012
SE MN United States
I get a slight leak at the bottom with my AC9, which has the same center post design as the RSST. It's not enough to worry about; but I do find a drop or two in the 510 connector of my Natural, when I remove it.

My AC9 does the same thing, I tried tightening the nut at the top more, but still a small leak at the 510. A bit disappointing for a "high end" genesis. I still like the AC9 though, as all devices have their pros and cons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread