1x Atomizer
1x Spare Glass tank
1x Drip Tip Converter
2x Drip Tip Head
1x Screw and O-ring Set
1x Coil Wrapper Rod
5x Air Channel Tubes

Materials: SS304, Ultem, Peek, SCHOOT Glass

IMG_7674-600x600.jpg MG_7534-600x600.jpg MG_7559-600x600.jpg MG_7642-600x600.jpg MG_7655-600x600.jpg MG_7689-600x600.jpg

Spica RTA - Sirius Mods

review videos

in this video he compare with gt3 orginal also

(english subtitle)

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Inappriopriate

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Looks like a Skyline.
...indeed, and even more difficult to get hold of. The link in OPs post has been there for a few months and still no stock!!

I think overall from comments by people who have them and from available pics, it seems to have taken cues from the skyline and from the Taifun GT3. If so, and if those features mesh together, it must be a rather good atty indeed!!!

Reactions: Asbestos4004

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Sugar Hill, Georgia
I used that RTA for a while and all I can say about it, is waste of money. It has a lot of problem, whereas it was expected excitedly by turkish customers. They are not experienced people, who produced that RTA.
Wow! First post and a humdinger at that! :blink:

Mosquitoo

Jun 6, 2017
Wow! First post and a humdinger at that! :blink:
I am already writting on turkish e-cig forum and that RTA is released on turkish forum at first. There is still a big discussion about it, and I shared my opinion. My first purpose on this forum was chasing new mods, atomizers but when I saw this topic, I couldn't stop myself :)

Mosquitoo

Jun 6, 2017
what are the problems with the RTA??
One of the problems is leakage ( I don't know some terms how to say in English, I am sorry about it), although trying to fix it with different paths , it hasn't fixed yet. Air channel tubes damage easily. On the other hand, the RTA has good flavor feeling and impressive throat hitting. The producer will release new fixed spare parts soon. When the fixed spare parts are released, I am going to try that whether the problems are fixed. As a result, when I decide to get something, I should compare it with others. There are RTAs, which are cheaper and proved success. I think, Spica's developed versions will be nice but now it is not.

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
One of the problems is leakage ( I don't know some terms how to say in English, I am sorry about it), although trying to fix it with different paths , it hasn't fixed yet. Air channel tubes damage easily. On the other hand, the RTA has good flavor feeling and impressive throat hitting. The producer will release new fixed spare parts soon. When the fixed spare parts are released, I am going to try that whether the problems are fixed. As a result, when I decide to get something, I should compare it with others. There are RTAs, which are cheaper and proved success. I think, Spica's developed versions will be nice but now it is not.
Interesting and good information. Your english is very good!! I assume you are Turkish?!?! If so then..
cok tesekkur ederim :)

excalibur-x

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016

What kind of leaking are you fighting with?

I have no leaking problem, but there seems to be a lot of condensation in the base and sometimes also in the main air channel. I close JFC and give her a good blow to clean air paths and that's it.

I still didn't completely master this tank but I think extend of condensation depends on the coil build. Vaporization chamber and main air channel are very small and don't handle big builds. With 3mm ID coils I had a lot of condensation, later I tried with smaller 2,5mm ID and 2mm air restrictor and it was much better.

Now Spica is coiled with 2,5mm ID 26 gauge SS316L spaced coil (2mm restrictor is too tight for me, wish there was 2,5mm option) and I get some condensation. I have to blow it out 2-3 times per day, usually during refill where a napkin is in my hands.

I had very similar problems with Taifun GT3 when installing 3mm ID coils that were lowered too close to the air hole. With 2,5mm ID that sits flush with screws condensation is minimal. Next time when I rewick I will pull coil little higher and I hope that will fix condensation problems.

But it's a really nice tank with great flavor and there will be some updates and fixes please let us know. My Turkish is at the moment still not good enough to follow debate on esigaram forum.

excalibur-x

ECF Veteran
Nov 15, 2016
Raising coil fixed condensation problems. It's little counterintuitive because on all other tanks pushing coil lower means better flavor, but here it's the opposite. Yesterday evening I watched some videos where people install 24gauge 7 wraps coils and they install it above screws. It means more room for bigger coils, more smooth airflow and it's harder to get condensation in to the base.

Yesterday I finally tried some NET Captain Black Royal on Avocado 22. With 1 hole open and MTL drip tip I was surprised with the experience from NET and my old Avocado. After 2 tanks because of gunk I grabbed Spica and realized it's too open.

Today I again inserted 2mm restrictor and with coil raised to screw level I'm really happy with the performance. I reinstalled same old coil and performance is much better compared to fully open. Smoother more condensed vapor and taste just pops. I think it will stay like this till I find something better.

P.S. About leaking. There are couple of tanks that have problems with JFC tolerances. Manufacturer suggests closing JFC, unscrewing tank from the base, wiping inner chamber and leaving tank on a dry napkin for 5 minutes. If there is leaking it will show and they will replace Spica. If napkin is dry there is something wrong with build or wicking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread