Status
Not open for further replies.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
A well machined connection made from quality ss will probably last a lifetime. A crappy machined connection made of crappy metal, like some of the Chinese manufacturers use could last until you try to screw something into it a couple of times, all depends. It's a hard question to answer unless you want to shell out the money for known top quality devices.

Noalox is usually only used for the threads of the mod body, some even frown upon it's use for 510 connections. From what I've read it could give off fumes from the heat that would then be inhaled. It's probably better to use a light coat of vaseline or even chapstick on the body. Noalox is'nt really designed to be a lubricant, it can harden up over time. The 510 threads really don't need anything. It would'nt hurt to put the ever so slightest bit of Noalox on the electrical connection points if they are a material that oxidizes quickly. That's my understanding at this point, but i'm no expert on electrical connections, or lubricants for that matter.

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
Stainless Steel should hold up well, especially since you take care not to over tighten or cross thread. The brass connections are known to be soft and can be troublesome. Soft threads were one of the big problems with some of the Vamos, I don't know if the later versions addressed that weakness or not.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Just curious how long of a lifetime these have. I use Noalax, clean on a regular basis, and never over tighten my atomizers.

Have any of you ever damaged or stripped yours?

Tips/tricks? Do/don't?

What device are you using?
What kind of SS is it? 304,316?
What are you topping it with and how often are you changing?

Cheers
I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread