Sub-ohm coil longevity on the isub v APEX tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ironsharpensiron

Nov 14, 2016
So I upgraded and got the new Cool Fire IV TC 100w sub-ohm 3300mah. I'm currently using the BVC Clapton coil for the isub v tank I've been exsperimenting with it, and one coil only lasted me three days, when I've heard people say their coil lasts them two weeks. Is it the coil, is it junk, should I go with a nickel 200, or titanium, or the Stainless steel coil. What is the best coil that lasts the longest, For the isub v apex tank?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
So I upgraded and got the new Cool Fire IV TC 100w sub-ohm 3300mah. I'm currently using the BVC Clapton coil for the isub v tank I've been exsperimenting with it, and one coil only lasted me three days, when I've heard people say their coil lasts them two weeks. Is it the coil, is it junk, should I go with a nickel 200, or titanium, or the Stainless steel coil. What is the best coil that lasts the longest, For the isub v apex tank?
Coil life has many factors to consider.

1. Are you using sweet juices? They gunk up much faster

2. Premade coils are hit and miss at best. Some have too much cotton and can't wick properly others have too little.

I rebuild and a coil lasts me 10-14 weeks. With an RTA i change tge wick about once a week and Dry burn the Kanthal coil tl get rid of the gunk.

Smoke_too_much

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 8, 2016
Two Bears is right (though I like building with SS wire and rayon). If you buy any more tanks, as opposed to RDA's, RTA's, or RDTA's, just make sure they have the option of an RBA (rebuildable atomizer) that way when you start doing your own builds you can convert all your atty's and never have to buy another pre-made coil.
Of course if your good building miniature things many of the pre-made coils can be rebuilt too. Some have one of the wire leads to the coil spot welded to the coil barrel but others don't and can be rebuilt. They just tend to be smaller than building on a deck or RBA actually made for it.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Two Bears is right (though I like building with SS wire and rayon). If you buy any more tanks, as opposed to RDA's, RTA's, or RDTA's, just make sure they have the option of an RBA (rebuildable atomizer) that way when you start doing your own builds you can convert all your atty's and never have to buy another pre-made coil.
Of course if your good building miniature things many of the pre-made coils can be rebuilt too. Some have one of the wire leads to the coil spot welded to the coil barrel but others don't and can be rebuilt. They just tend to be smaller than building on a deck or RBA actually made for it.
Thanks fof the kind words smoke too much.

TheTinMan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2016
North Carolina
2. Premade coils are hit and miss at best. Some have too much cotton and can't wick properly others have too little.

I have a sub-ohm tank, I don't do rebuildable coils

You will continue to have issues. I have sub-ohm tanks that have RBAs available for them. Two_Bears gave you the best advice available.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Is it supposed to crackle off of a puff like that maybe I'm not breaking them in correctly
Too much cotton you get Dry hits.
Too little cotton it crackles, pops, and spits.

You will NEVER get a consistent vape till you start rebuilding. Thats what forced me to get off my .... to start rebuilding. Also yoy can build to the resistance YOU want instead of vaping at tge resistance Someone on the other side of the planet thinks you should vape at. Furthermore i re wick every 2-3 days. Dry burn the coil and install another wick.

My coils cost 1-2 cents and lasts about three months.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
When you put a new coil on start at lower watts and slowly work up to your preferred setting.
Absolutely correct.

Just because your last coil vaped great at 50 watts doesnt mean the next one will.

Pre made coils are hit and miss.

Some coils work perfectly. Others have way too much or way too little wick in them.

Ironsharpensiron

Nov 14, 2016
When you put a new coil on start at lower watts and slowly work up to your preferred setting.
I figured that much, started off at 25w then 28w then 30w then 35w too high back down to 30w over a period of 12 hrs still a bit of popping some hits are burnt some okay. Does anyone know if the NI200 are any better or the stainless steel?

Ironsharpensiron

Nov 14, 2016

I rebuild and a coil lasts me 10-14 weeks. With an RTA i change tge wick about once a week and Dry burn the Kanthal coil tl get rid of the gunk.

Ironsharpensiron

Nov 14, 2016

Wow yeah the dry burn really helped thanks more flavor easier to drag less burnt. Sceptical still

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Personally, I wouldn't waste $1 on factory Ni or Ti coils.
I've used nearly one hundred (free, included with tank, sent to me) they are all fairly useless.
They might last longer though, when your mod limits you to about 10w because that's all it will allow.
A good few coils renowned for lasting are Stainless Steel. No data here either, just a hunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread