KangerTech TOPBOX Mini - Subox Mini Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
I need to purchase another mod and tank to serve as a backup. I was searching the web to figure out what my next purchase will be and I stumbled upon the brochure below. Is this an actual brochure put out by kangertech? I haven't seen anything on their website that mentions this? If it is real, I think this would be my next mod. Is vaping Walrus a reputable supplier?

I love my Subox mini, and the next version of that with TC and a Top Fill tank would be a natural progression for me.

5d64a2fa592e43b2cccd038fde9dff93.jpg

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
There's also a nano version coming out with top fill, I might have to pick up the mini version or hopefully they'll sell the tank separately.

I saw the toptank nano too.

I imagine this will be similar to the the subox mini v1 launch where the tank became available shortly after the launch of the full kit.

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
It is now showing as a future product from one of the forum suppliers: Kanger SUBOX Mini Pro KBOX Mini TC
Thanks for the link. I'm intrigued by this one, not for myself but for my friend who got me into vaping. He's still using EGo's and cheapie clearos, so this would be a nice step up for him. I have the STM and was looking at the SBM as an option for him, but the added features of top fill and coil choices… Hmmmm…. :)

seebo

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
CT,USA
typical of Kanger, maybe they should take tips from Joyetech and have firmware upgradable device.. the VTC Mini recently got firmware update for more wire options (stainless steel). their new tank also backward compatible with the previous coils. something tells me this tank is going to use yet another different coil. i suggest waiting for the Subox Mini Pro V2 in two-three months..

Last edited:

seebo

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2013
CT,USA
Haven't all of the Subtank factory coils been compatible on all of the Subtank family of tanks?
only because they're all the same tanks, just with different capacity. there hasn't been a "V2" yet of the subtanks up until now. it's unknown whether this tank in this "Mini Pro" will use the same atomizer, but i see something called "RBA mini plus" which seems to be another coil, smaller? maybe i'm jumping the gun, but kanger is notorious for creating many coils for the same tank. hell, the Kanger Protank has like 5 or 6 different versions of coils.. some with 2 holes, some with one hole, some with wicks exposed, some without wicks exposed, yadda yadda, yadda, i lost track.

jjatl

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2015
Georgia
only because they're all the same tanks, just with different capacity. there hasn't been a "V2" yet of the subtanks up until now. it's unknown whether this tank in this "Mini Pro" will use the same atomizer, but i see something called "RBA mini plus" which seems to be another coil, smaller? maybe i'm jumping the gun, but kanger is notorious for creating many coils for the same tank. hell, the Kanger Protank has like 5 or 6 different versions of coils..

I believe that the new tank just has an addition for top fill. The RBA Mini Plus is the RBA that comes with the current Subox Mini Starter kit. It has large juice holes instead of smaller juice channels.

TQ1iMX6.jpg

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
I do not have any experience with the original RBA, but I love the RBA Plus. I vape 15-20watts with a 1-1.3ohm coil with 0 dry hits, and the flavor is great. I swap the cotton every 4 days or so.
Same here.

I am using the RBA Plus as well and I love it.

I am vaping at 30w with a 0.5ohm coil.

A bit small to work on, but I am 46 with OK eyesight and have no issues as long as I take my time. Not much different than the Crown and many other RBAs though....

Reactions: jjatl

Nikea Tiber

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2015
The kanger rba + is more like the rba v3.
The v2 and original kanger rbas are almost visually indistinguishable from one another, the v2 has slightly larger juice channels.
As far as I know, there have been two versions of the full size subtank so far. Hopefully kanger will continue to make their upcoming tanks and factory heads backwards-compatible

Reactions: jjatl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread