Status
Not open for further replies.

nyiddle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2014
USA. State: Inebriated.
Thanks for the reply guys.
One things worried me the subox mod 510 connector is not spring loaded.
Any RDA to recommend that works well?

I haven't tried any RDA's on it, but there's a Subox thread (somewhere on the forum) with a lot of Subox owners in it. I didn't bring my Subox to work today otherwise I'd throw a couple RDA's on it to see what gives.

Reactions: Danielcps

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
People are having problems pushing the pin in and not making contact with other tanks. I would steer clear of it until they do a spring loaded pin. The evic vt looks great. If you want something smaller, the ipv mini 2 is good. But it doesn't have temp control. It's up to you if you want to risk it but I wouldn't.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Thanks for the reply guys.
One things worried me the subox mod 510 connector is not spring loaded.
Any RDA to recommend that works well?

Even though the SUBOX Mini does not have a Spring Loaded 510 Connector, I haven't heard a Huge amount of issues with it not work With Other RTA/RDA's. But there have been some.

With Any Mod, the 1st time you screw on a New RTA/RDA, I would do it slowly. And as soon as you start to feel it get Snug, I would check the Gap between the Base of the RTA/RDA and the top of the MOD.

If there is a Big Gap, then as you screw down the RTA/RDA more you are going to be Pushing the Center Pin of the 510 Connector Down. And this might cause other RTA/RDA's to not make contact with the Center Pin.

If you have a RTA/RDA that has a Big Gap when it is "Snug", I would suggest that you Shim the RTA/RDA using something like Heavy Card Stock Paper. Like the Cover to a Book of Matches, thick Business Card. Or maybe even a piece of Bicycle Inner Tubing rubber.

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
I wouldn't use paper because of the condensation you're going to constantly be cutting up paper for the life of the mod which could be quite annoying. There are so many mod options now that I don't think it's necessary to deal with the inconvenience of shimming your tanks. I think it was a major mistake to not have a spring pin. I want a secure connection everytime without having to cut up random household items to make them fit lol

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I wouldn't use paper because of the condensation you're going to constantly be cutting up paper for the life of the mod which could be quite annoying. There are so many mod options now that I don't think it's necessary to deal with the inconvenience of shimming your tanks. I think it was a major mistake to not have a spring pin. I want a secure connection everytime without having to cut up random household items to make them fit lol

Agreed. Paper is not the Best Choice.

But when I first got my Subtank Mini, and was Dying to try it, I couldn't think of Anything better at the Time. And I knew if I Screwed the Subtank down onto one of my Mods that had a Fixed Pin, I would Wack it for my other RBA's. So the Match Book Covers was a Short Term Solution.

The Bicycle Inner Tube rubber is the Best I have Found. Because it is Water Proof and has give to it. And the Thickness of a MTB Inner Tube was perfect.

BTW - A Standard Hole Punch for Paper works Good to make the 510 Hole in a RTA/RDA Shim.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Having a gap makes the 510 very weak and can snap off the tank in a fall. If heat is a major concern they make heat sinks to put between the mod and your tank.

This is a Very Good Point.

And Another Great Reason to Shim a RTA/RDA if there is a Gap between it and a Mod.

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Not had any issues what so ever myself with the SubBox Pin mating to RDAs. I just make sure the RDA Pin is adjusted all the way up and then use some care, Common Sense, and attention to detail when attaching to the Box. Works well for me and no damage or problems with connection or function.

As for not Holding-Up in a Drop situation,,,, I don't have the "Dropsies" and wouldn't expect that any Mod or Atty would fair well under such Duress or Abuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread