.05 TC build 26ga nickel

T4KsIKol.jpg

MacTechVpr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2013
Hollywood (Beach), FL
No pic and the link goes to the Steam Engine calculator...sometimes ECF screws up pics.

Thanks T. The steam-engine link is intended. I profile my builds and sorta emulate the syntax embedded in the link for the description. Wish more would do this so the rest of us could follow what they did. Of course we'll have to forgive the artists here and just appreciate their uniqueness.

As for the picture…curious. I see it just fine.

Maybe a mod can shed some light.

Thanks and good luck.

:)

full

(original fail posted as shared BB code)

Last edited:

moosepunk

Sep 22, 2009
Massachusetts
I hope it's okay I ask this here! I've scoured the site & web and can't seem to find the info I need.
I have a sigelei 50w & a Subtank mini, both v2s on the way. I'm an old schooler coming from a Provari & an iclear 30s looking to advance. I've been watching tutorials as I'd like to learn how to build.. there's so many different builds & choices of materials to take in! At the end of most videos when they take a few hits there's enormous clouds. I'm not really into clouds but mostly it'd be a bad idea since I chain vape at home around my family & I could see that being a problem. I'm into throat hit & flavor. Could someone suggest one or more builds with materials & vg/pg levels that may suit my needs? Thank you in advance!

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
The best flavor I ever got from my sub tank mini using kanthal was with Clapton coils..
1cfe69afa5bd17a56711edaa5cc3dde0.jpg

That's 32 gauge around 28, 3mm ID, I think that one ohmed at 1.2. Run at 25 watts, flavor is superb.
You are going to get more vapor from the sub tank, but it doesn't have to be "clouds bro" level. Claptons are definitely more of a flavor build then a cloud build (you can get similar, though not as intense, results from twisted wire builds).
Sent with one hand, the other is busy vaping.

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
Thanks USMCotaku! I just watched a tutorial on claptons, it's definitely something I'm willing to try! It looks advanced but I'll figure it out eventually!
Just don't be discouraged, I've learned my own way of pinching the wire to get an even consistent wrap.....wire is cheap, experiment till you find a way that works for you. (I start a few wraps by hand, then with the tail of the smaller wire to be wrapped hanging down, I pinch the wraps between my thumb and finger tightly...each new wrap pushes my fingers along the wire, I never get double/over wraps this way).

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
A drill is a must..... Imagine how long wrapping that would take by hand? [emoji14]
Go old school. I twist my wire with a drop spindle used for making yarn. I could use my spinning wheel for making Clapton wires :)

moosepunk

Sep 22, 2009
Massachusetts
A drill is a must..... Imagine how long wrapping that would take by hand? :p

Ha ha... I couldn't imagine twisting by hand!

Go old school. I twist my wire with a drop spindle used for making yarn. I could use my spinning wheel for making Clapton wires :)

Very interesting!

I just got my Sigelei 50, 4 Samsung 25Rs, a new Nitecore D4 charger.... still waiting on tank

juicy_fingers

Jul 20, 2015
UK Surrey
thought i would share my experimental build. 29awg nickel 200 with 32awg kanthel wrap. achieved by straightening the nickel in a drill turning and stretching. Then using the drill to wrap the kanthal round the outside. AS it was my first attempt at doing this not sure its quite good enough yet to be called a clapton. :)

Gave brilliant flavor best ive had to date using element key-lime pie as a measure. Came in at .12ohm. Put three mini tanks of juice through it before i had to bin it as a combination of gunk and i think the kanthal eventually degraded the cotton. Anyway a success on the flavor front but not so much on the life span i think.

RTRKLbh.jpg

OVEQmYH.jpg

FadedSun

Jun 12, 2015
The best flavor I ever got from my sub tank mini using kanthal was with Clapton coils..
1cfe69afa5bd17a56711edaa5cc3dde0.jpg

That's 32 gauge around 28, 3mm ID, I think that one ohmed at 1.2. Run at 25 watts, flavor is superb.
You are going to get more vapor from the sub tank, but it doesn't have to be "clouds bro" level. Claptons are definitely more of a flavor build then a cloud build (you can get similar, though not as intense, results from twisted wire builds).

I'm going to give this a shot while experimenting making my first coils. Could you tell me what lengths of wire you needed? I'm not sure how you go about estimating how of the smaller guage wire it'll take to wrap. I'm always looking for more flavor (apparently my taste isn't as sensitive as my wife's), but I'm curious do you get a warm or a cool vape? I tend to prefer the warm, I'm running my eVic-VT at 550° with the NI coils.

Scr81

Oct 26, 2014
I've been building micro coils on it and it was fine and dandy. However, I thought I'd give it a go and build using a twisted coil.

It wasn't as hard as I thought and has turned the k anger sub tank into quite the machine.

Lots of vapour, lots of flavour and a nice steady warm vape.

Experimenting is fun! I've tried several builds on my drippers but never twisted wire. The ease of building on this will definitely lead to more experiments!

I've got some clapton wire on order to try. Exciting times!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437649428.445498.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437649442.392999.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1437649456.558510.jpg

Reactions: OhTheAgony

USMCotaku

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
California
I'm going to give this a shot while experimenting making my first coils. Could you tell me what lengths of wire you needed? I'm not sure how you go about estimating how of the smaller guage wire it'll take to wrap. I'm always looking for more flavor (apparently my taste isn't as sensitive as my wife's), but I'm curious do you get a warm or a cool vape? I tend to prefer the warm, I'm running my eVic-VT at 550° with the NI coils.
About 5x the length of the larger wire..... The ratio changes depending on wire size, smaller the gauge, the more needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread