28ga Micro coil? and Kanthal question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NkSde

Dec 5, 2013
United States
Hello everyone, I have recently began delving into micro coils and building my rba up with some different stuff besides the regular 28ga three wrap set-up. Currently I have on it a Micro coil made up of 28ga Kanthal wire and am getting about 2.0ohms resistance according to my sid, the question I have is if it would provide a better flavor if I torched the cable or if that is necesarry wih kanthal? I've read that with Stainless it is, and that with mesh it helps but I don't know about with kanthal or whatever. Any tips can be helpful.

Setup:
18650 SiD
SMOKTech RSST single coil.
7wrap microcoil made of 28ga Kanthal running at 2.0ohm.
vaping a little cold at 9.5w

NkSde

Dec 5, 2013
United States

NkSde

Dec 5, 2013
United States
IMAG1017.jpg went with some microcoils and attempted a diamond coil, not too shaby. a bit touchy on the contact because I made it shady as it was my first time but it will get better with time vapes like a boss

When you're ready to blow your mind, look up the diamond coil.

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ssion/502689-taking-your-coil-next-level.html

I've been using cotton lately for wicking material and dry fire and tweak the coil before I wick it up. There usually seems to be something on it (probably machining oils like gchirli said) that burns off, so it's probably a good idea to torch it.

Play around with your number of wraps. I did 2 ohms early on too, but really find the sweet spot around 1.2 ohms.

View attachment 284710 went with some microcoils and attempted a diamond coil, not too shaby. a bit touchy on the contact because I made it shady as it was my first time but it will get better with time vapes like a boss

Yes! The Diamond Coil! Not sure if you're getting the right air flow there for it to perform at peak capacity, but the coil looks pretty good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread