Suggestions on a good regulated mod $250 & under..?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
What are your expectations?

If you're looking for something that will be extremely reliable and dependable, is built to be as durable as a mechanical mod, whose USA manufacturer will support their product for life, and you don't need more power than 20 watts, then consider a Provari P3.

I own three Provari 2.5 and the newer Provari P3, and they are the best investment that I've made in 3 years of vaping. Why Provari?

p3-features-mobile.png

Reactions: edyle

chuckinclouds88

Jun 4, 2015
Honestly, if I were looking to buy a new regulated mod at the moment, it'd be either the iPV3-Li or the SnowWolf. I have an iPV4 that I love. I recommend it. 100 watts is plenty for me. I rarely go about 80. That being said the SnowWolfand the iPV3-Li are fantastic mods as well. They are both incredibly well made.

Nodnerb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Winnipeg
Yes but the $50 mods will be replaced repeatedly. I have about 15 mods. All of the $50 mods are retired due to switch failure or some other failure. I have a Hana, a vaporshark, and two provaris. All of which still work flawlessly. Even the 3 year old provari. I don't think I've ever had a $50 mod last morre than 6 months.

So yes, you are right, you can buy one good mod to last you many years or 5 $50 mods to last you a year or two if you're very lucky.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Yes but the $50 mods will be replaced repeatedly. I have about 15 mods. All of the $50 mods are retired due to switch failure or some other failure. I have a Hana, a vaporshark, and two provaris. All of which still work flawlessly. Even the 3 year old provari. I don't think I've ever had a $50 mod last morre than 6 months.

So yes, you are right, you can buy one good mod to last you many years or 5 $50 mods and replace them again in 6 months.
:thumbs: I so agree with the above. Same experience.

I bought my first Provari almost 3 years ago. I never babied it and it still works like new. I bought several less expensive mods which either broke within 2 months or gave such a low quality vape that they got banished to the drawer. Even in the off chance that my old Provari would stop working, I have the peace of mind of getting it repaired by Provape at low cost and have it back in my hands in less than a week's time. Try doing that with most of the mods coming from China.

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
One solid mod for $250? You could get a 2-3 of the aforementioned mods for $250. I was going to suggest the SX Mini M class ($209), but after seeing @TKS post, the boxer mod looks like a great choice. You could wait for DNA 200 mods to start trickling out, I know the Opus 200 - which uses the Evolv DNA 200 chip - is going to sell for $229. The SX350J chip inside the Boxer Mod is the same chip as the SX Mini M class, and has been proven to be s great chip. I was looking into the snow wolf, ipv3 Li, SX mini...etc, but after seeing the Boxer it looks like I'm going to have to stretch my vape budget a little bit further to get one.

On a side note, I have 3 regulated mods, a Sigelei 100w, an IPV Mini 30w & a Provari 2.5, and I suggest against a Provari. While they are extremely well built, it has a one button menu, is limited in wattage so running sub ohm set ups won't work on it, and my fire/menu button chipped. I'm not suggesting against it blindly or because it doesn't have high wattage, but because I were going to buy a mod with a budget of $250, I would want something that isn't limited and can do everything present on the market today & has upgradable firmware.
And @TKS, thanks for showing me where to get a Boxer as well!

Edit: I completely forgot about these two. Products Archive - Cloudmaker Technologies
The CloudMaker Whiteout SX or DNA mods are looking sleek, freshly releasing on the open market, and are completely aesthetically customizable. The mods cost $199-$204 & you can purchase a colored panel kit to customize the looks of your mod either with a DNA 200 chip or sx350j chip.

Last edited:

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Not a problem man. I like to sift through products to find sensible ones. Even if it is a bit pricier than the rest on most people's list, the little jump in price equals a ton more convenience.
Agreed. I was considering all of the other mentioned mods before, but saw the snow wolf, ipv3 Li, and the ipv4 yesterday and they just kind of feel cheap. I think I'm going to go with a cloud maker box with the sx350j. It's a bit cheaper than the Boxer, and can be re-gutted to fit the DNA 200 chip because they sell paneling kits with different faceplates for each chip. Also a removable battery sled for the 3S LiPo pack the DNA needs. Pretty much everything can be interchanged on it.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Last edited:
What are your expectations?

If you're looking for something that will be extremely reliable and dependable, is built to be as durable as a mechanical mod, whose USA manufacturer will support their product for life, and you don't need more power than 20 watts, then consider a Provari P3.

I own three Provari 2.5 and the newer Provari P3, and they are the best investment that I've made in 3 years of vaping. Why Provari?

p3-features-mobile.png

im looking for a regulated mod, can go 40+ watts, go down to 0.2/0.3 ohm, & something that has good reviews as well as reliable...

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
im looking for a regulated mod, can go 40+ watts, go down to 0.2/0.3 ohm, & something that has good reviews as well as reliable...
If you're willing to wait 6-8 weeks for the production of the CloudMaker Whiteout, I still recommend it. In size it's a little bit bigger than an IPV4 and the internals can be changed out completely. So far, they have the SX350J, DNA200, & their own Ares OS versions. So let's say I bought a DNA200 version, it would come with the 3s Lipo cells installed too. But if later down the line I decided I wanted an SX350j mod, I could buy their internal kit (comes with an interchangeable face panel for button alignment) and switch out the DNA for the SX without soldering or hassle of building a new box.
image.jpg
As for reviews, there aren't any yet, as they're taking preorders for their first run of boxes. Still, this is an American company, American design, the structuring looks solid based on what I've seen, and the sx350j chip has proven to be reliable. I don't know much about the DNA200 yet but it has updatable firmware so any errors in the chip can potentially be fixed

Agreed. I was considering all of the other mentioned mods before, but saw the snow wolf, ipv3 Li, and the ipv4 yesterday and they just kind of feel cheap. I think I'm going to go with a cloud maker box with the sx350j. It's a bit cheaper than the Boxer, and can be re-gutted to fit the DNA 200 chip because they sell paneling kits with different faceplates for each chip. Also a removable battery sled for the 3S LiPo pack the DNA needs. Pretty much everything can be interchanged on it. View attachment 468587 View attachment 468592

i like this one ! how much is it? and can i get it in pink?? what website are these available at ?

Tom Forde

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 16, 2015
NJ
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread