Super T's "I Dropped the Ball" Mystery Mod Giveaway Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyB1503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
OC, CA
So this isn't my step-by-step, "how to" on a coil build but I wanted to post real quick if anyone was having trouble getting theirs rockin'.

I wrapped a bunch of different coils: Origen builds, fancy stuff, quads, ect. I have not tried vertical duals yet but that also looks to be working well.

Couldn't get any of these^ six to work well.

So I just wrapped a wire, point A to point B, no coils.

27 gauge, it's metering at ~ .75 ish.

The build is very straight forward, dead simple; but I plan on posting a step by step later.

I guess it fits both models; pedestrian and cloud chaser. Like I said couldn't be easier to build. Looks like it will be very simple to wrap down to .20 by changing wire gauge or adding multiple wraps or wire. Single wrap of 30 gauge would probably be around 1 ohm I'm guessing.

What makes this build work is the kanthal height and wicking..

At .75 ohms I am borderline blowing clouds with my Strata. That surprised me, I'm usually down under half an ohm. The vape is fully saturated and dense; by no means scratchy, wispy, dry or whatever.

Just pressed the fire button.

Firing

Not firing

In the last three pics I can defiantly see some Strata-ness going on at the top, however as cool as it is I'm kinda more interested in what going on down below the kanthal. I want to vape on this for ~ a week, and then I'll get back to the "how to" build pics.

MattyB1503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
OC, CA
I want to be able to use my 510 ohm meter too. It would be a lot easier, then dragging out my multi-meter. I remember looking into the 510 w/leads before, but I didn't buy one. Does anyone know of the best place to buy?

I just made them. Copper clips from radio shack and an old but unused 510 clearo. The 510 is wacky on my meter so I use the 808 w/ adapter.

Those leads add ~ half a point. Mine are 0.03 ohms, a lot easier than an actual multi-meter

Cucco

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 9, 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida, USA
I just made them. Copper clips from radio shack and an old but unused 510 clearo. The 510 is wacky on my meter so I use the 808 w/ adapter.

Those leads add ~ half a point. Mine are 0.03 ohms, a lot easier than an actual multi-meter

Very cool! I have seen something similar for sale, but I don't remember where. Stroke brain. :facepalm:

Draconian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
San Antonio
That's pretty much the whole point - the only reason to build a coil is because of limited space. Now - as my strata isn't here yet - here is what I would like you to try. Put the wire INSIDE the wick (360 degree coverage). I would maybe leave a gap on the top in a couple of places (channel toward the drip tip).
If that works - it's as simple as it gets - cover the wire - leave a gap here and there - and vape your head off.

So this isn't my step-by-step, "how to" on a coil build but I wanted to post real quick if anyone was having trouble getting theirs rockin'.

I wrapped a bunch of different coils: Origen builds, fancy stuff, quads, ect. I have not tried vertical duals yet but that also looks to be working well.

The build is very straight forward, dead simple; but I plan on posting a step by step later.

I guess it fits both models; pedestrian and cloud chaser. Like I said couldn't be easier to build. Looks like it will be very simple to wrap down to .20 by changing wire gauge or adding multiple wraps or wire. Single wrap of 30 gauge would probably be around 1 ohm I'm guessing.

At .75 ohms I am borderline blowing clouds with my Strata. That surprised me, I'm usually down under half an ohm. The vape is fully saturated and dense; by no means scratchy, wispy, dry or whatever.

Firing

Not firing

In the last three pics I can defiantly see some Strata-ness going on at the top, however as cool as it is I'm kinda more interested in what going on down below the kanthal. I want to vape on this for ~ a week, and then I'll get back to the "how to" build pics.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
That's pretty much the whole point - the only reason to build a coil is because of limited space. Now - as my strata isn't here yet - here is what I would like you to try. Put the wire INSIDE the wick (360 degree coverage). I would maybe leave a gap on the top in a couple of places (channel toward the drip tip).
If that works - it's as simple as it gets - cover the wire - leave a gap here and there - and vape your head off.
"...the only reason to build a coil is because of limited space."

If that's not an epiphany I don't know what is. It's what has been in my head since beta testing but never could put words to it, thank you. I take you back to the Glob - http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ucing-precise-strata-rda-20.html#post11246014. It was half-joke, half serious, but was an attempt to think of a way to fill our new found freedom with unfettered surface area. When I vaped the Glob I covered it with a glob of cotton. It vaped - weakly, but then again it wasn't in a Strata but in some side-hole whatever it was.
New frontiers to explore!

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Last edited:

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Thanks @The Toxic_jon here's the video! Strata Rebuild: Strata Rebuild - YouTube
Let me know what you think!
EDIT: I forgot to mention I have the negative legs on top, and positive on the bottom when your making them vertical.
Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Thanks for taking the time to do up that build, looks great and works awesome!

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran

Firing

Not firing

You have some serious experimenting going on there....I like :)

MattyB1503

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2012
OC, CA

I invite you to try it when your Strata arrives; I do have a day job :)

MattyB, I went out and hunted down some organic cotton balls and built one of your 1 ohm-ish 29g ring wires. Astoundingly simple with astounding performance. It's like the perfect thing for all things Super-T. You need to come up with a cool name for it, it belongs in a hall of fame.

Glad it's working for you snork!

I am using Koh Gen Do cotton. The stuff is phenomenal and defiantly worth a look if you're not already hip to it. I have always boiled and rinse my cotton multiple times with distilled water, even the "100% Organic". I always seem to pick up on a slight soap or lotion fragrance. Not the Koh Gen Do, good to go right out the gate. Uniform and continuous fiber orientation as well.

I will name it if the build lasts a week w/o major revision.

Draconian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
San Antonio
That's why I mentioned leaving gaps. It would be similar in ways to what they are referring to as a Dragon coil - that coil is completely covered except for one end and it appears to work VERY well. I don't know that airflow would be affected that much - it's still going to create steam and that steam will likely make it through the coil material (long as it isn't too thick).
When my Strata gets here, I'll give it a go and see what happens - might be great - might burn my throat.

Mmmmm, if the wire is covered by the wick, wouldn't that block airflow?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread