Support Vapers Contest - Gogoplata Contest #2

Discussion in 'Member Contest Forum' started by gogoplata, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gogoplata

gogoplata Moved On Verified Member

Hi All!

As promised from my last contest, Support New Vapers Contest, here is my November Contest!

What I wanted to give away this time was a China DID Rebuildable Atomizer Kit (aka CHID). In the kit will be the full CHID RBA, extra clear tank, stainless steel mesh, kanthal wire, wrench and gift tin.

The biggest thing in the vaping community right now is the rebuildable atomizers (RBA). Everywhere you turn there is someone talking about RBA's.

Some vapers have made the leap to trying and using RBA's. Some people are curious, but unsure about trying it. From personal experience, I love using RBA's. Don't get me wrong, I still love using my cartomizer in a tank as well. I think it is just another option and toy for all of us vaping addicts to use.

This contest is geared for those, who has never tried using an RBA or don't own one. They might be afraid to pay for an RBA and not use it. Well, this contest was geared for you. I am not saying that if you already own one that you can't participate, but be mindful that this is a PIF contest and it would be nice to go to someone who has never owned an RBA before.

If you are afraid to try it, don't worry. There is tons of support here in the ECF community to get you rolling your own wicks in no time.
    So here are the rules of the contest:

1. Post a reason why you want to get the CHID or what interest's you about rebuildable atomizers. Tell me a story if you want about your experiences with it. Let's just keep the topic on RBA's

2. You may make three (3) entries a day.

3. Label your entries as "1., 2., 3."

4. Last entry will be accepted on Saturday, November 24, 2012 at 11:59 EST. Winner will be announced on Sunday, November 25, 2012. The winner will be selected by Random.org.

-----

Lastly, there may be a second place prize. I have yet to decide though.

I have attached photo's of the kit that you will win and a photo of how it will look assembled (I have my CHID on a Telescope mod).

did2.jpg did1.jpg

I hope everyone enjoys the contest.

Live Long and Vape On!

-gogoplata

2. unclerj

unclerj Senior Member ECF Veteran

Entry #1 11/9

I have heard a lot about this type of gear but have never tried. Very curious about them

3. thehangdude

thehangdude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

1. This will be great if "they" ever ban our vaping gear.

4. spacekitty

spacekitty Krazee Kat Laydee & Guru-X2.5 Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member

I am so tired of the attys I get not lasting very long...

Thanks for doing this (again)!!

5. lettucehead

lettucehead Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Not an entry -

Gogo rocks!!

Thank you for doing this, Gogo!

:wub:

6. BuzzBait

BuzzBait Moved On

Entry #1

This would be for my step bro! I use phoenix's and rba's that are drip only!

He likes to rebuild his old clearomizers (CE4's?) or whatever you call those things,
    He only has 4 and there all over 2 months old! :facepalm:
    I'm begging him to make the switch to some rba's,
    Even offered him two phoniex's but he won't do it, He keeps saying "If it doesn't havea tank I'll hate it" so this would be the perfect
    gift to give t my bro, and if I happen to not win i'll most likely just buy him one as son as my check comes in!

Thanks for the contest:toast: (Fingers crossed for my bro!):vapor:

7. vsummer1

vsummer1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

#1 Spacekitty, once you have these set up correctly (and that might take watching a few videos on youtube and a bit of patience) they are great!

So if I win, I PIF to Spacekitty!

8. Uncle

Uncle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

11/09 Entry #1 . . .

I'm entering for all the reason you have already mentioned, especially the fact that I am actually very "scared" of trying one of these only to find out I wasted that kind of money on purchasing one only to learn that it wasn't for "Me" after all (like I have with so many other pieces of Vape equipment :() . . .

BTW: If I do find out it is not for "Me" it will be PIF to someone else for the same reason . . . :)

AND - THANKS - "gogo" for the Contest and the opportunity to enter . . . :D

9. musiceqlslife21

musiceqlslife21 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

11/9

1. I been wanting to try one of these for a while because I want something more permanent, getting tired of the short life span of regular atomizers, cartos, etc.

10. BWhare

BWhare Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'd like to try a rebuildable primarily because I'm frugal. My reason for leaving cigarettes behind was cost. My choice in pv's reflects my cheapness. I DIY liquids because it costs pennies to make ounces.

An RBA fits right into my view of how vaping can be done for as little as possible. That being said, I'm not too keen on actually spending the money so it's only on my wish list for now. Your contest could make it all possible.
    (and SWMBO couldn't possibly complain :D)

11. Uncle

Uncle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

11/09 Entry #2 . . .

Staying on topic "RBA" - after seeing your Video about how to fill a VVV tank - Given that "We" both have large hands and I have "fumble-fingers", can you tell "Me" how easy or hard it is to work and/or rebuild these ? ? ?

12. CalamityJan

CalamityJan Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

I'm an atty only user and have been for almost 3 years, but these intimidate to heck outta me.
    That said, giving it a shot..............

13. gogoplata

:chit chat:

BTW, everyone. You can chit chat, just don't go crazy :D

Honestly, for someone who has bigger and thicker fingers, I've had no issues at all. The biggest thing to get used to is the pieces. The CHID totally disassembled has 10 or 11 pieces, I think. The smallest piece are the screws. They are small, but they are manageable. Building wicks, I believe, is perfect for bigger handed people. When you roll a wick, there is more finger surface, it almost acts like a rolling pin.

Actually, to help everyone out as well. I'm going to do a How To Video. I'll have it up and ready before this contest ends. I'll show how to do it from start to finish.

Thanks for the inspiration, Uncle! Maybe, it will do some people good. :D

14. vsummer1

vsummer1 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

#2: If you roll your wick and then the coil on a paperclip before you insert it into the atty it is much easier as you have more space to work. Then you only have to worry about the little wrench with the tiny negative screw and then tightening little positive screws. I leave the fill screw out to help with wicking and because getting the wrench out is a PIA every time I want to fill my tank.

If I win this, I PIF to Uncle.

ETA: to clarify, since this is the reply to Uncle, this post to Uncle. My other post is still to Spacekitty.

15. gogoplata

That's a good method too. Definitely, leave the fill screw off in my opinion. It just wicks a whole lot better.

16. thehangdude

thehangdude ECF Guru ECF Veteran

2. I have only used a replaceable atty tank. I like the flavor, but would rather be able to rebuild the atty as I like.

17. Reddhott

Reddhott ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

i would so love to try one! ive heard alot about them!!!
    ty for such a great contest!!!

18. Bookworm

Bookworm Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

#1. This rebuild able looks awesome. I have wanted to try one, but thought they may be a little above my skill level. So I haven't shelled out the cash yet. Thanks for the contest (again)!

19. spacekitty

Supporting member

That is so sweet of you to offer... :wub: and I actually have a Phoenix RBA that I got with a GC that I won, but haven't tried to rebuild it yet.

Even with my reading glasses on, the parts are so tiny that I would need one of those hands-free magnifiers!! LOL!! This one looks a little bigger and might be easier for me to see.. :blink:

20. spacekitty

Supporting member
    ** Chit chat **

I was wondering how you were going to PIF it to TWO people... :facepalm: LMAO!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.