Status
Not open for further replies.

yardbyrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
Carrollton, Georgia USA
#1 I've been looking at all kinds of RBAs for some time now...I just haven't taken the plunge yet. I do a lot of dripping and having an RBA would be a very good thing....that is if I can get the learning curve down. So far all the talk about differnet wicking materials, mesh and how to prepare it, various RBAs, and varied customer satisfaction has made me wonder. Maybe an RBA will be able to fit into my Christmas budget. I've looked at the VIVI Nova tanks, that are, IMHO, modular rebuildable, and they seem good too. I think sooner or later I will own an RBA; the question is which one will I settle on and when will I be able to afford one!

Thanks for hearing my story and the contest. I especially apprecciate contests that gear a hardware giveaway for those not fortunate enough to already own that particulary piece.

yardbyrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
Carrollton, Georgia USA
#2 I forgot to mention, in my previous post, that part of the learning curve, I believe, is buying and knowing how to accurately use a multimeter. A good side effect, from researching RBAs, has been my realization that I must own a multimeter one day. I think that owning one would be worth it just to test batteries!:) Just from my own research I already feel confident that I could purchase a good multimeter, at a decent price, and also be able to use it properly after some experience wih it.

Maybe I haven't done my homework properly but I don't think I would want to own an RBA without also owning a multimeter

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
#2 I forgot to mention, in my previous post, that part of the learning curve, I believe, is buying and knowing how to accurately use a multimeter. A good side effect, from researching RBAs, has been my realization that I must own a multimeter one day. I think that owning one would be worth it just to test batteries!:) Just from my own research I already feel confident that I could purchase a good multimeter, at a decent price, and also be able to use it properly after some experience wih it.

Maybe I haven't done my homework properly but I don't think I would want to own an RBA without also owning a multimeter

NOT an entry:

If you don't own an advanced PV, you should not be messing with these. They are eGo killers. You should have at the very minimum a circuit protected variable voltage. The VV Gripper works well, and there is also the Provari of course. At any time, a coil can pop and without the protection it will kill your battery. Those two will read your ohms for you and allow you to adjust the volts to them easily. I realize there are other devices also, I just don't own them. I check the ohms each time I put it on my PV and if I notice a change in the vape. But I have had one pop on me for no reason other than it was it's time.

CalamityJan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
TX

Dang the more I read the more I wonder if I need a degree to use this RBA! I've been simply dripping on an LR atty and a 5V mod (yeah, I know it's a no-no) with the atties lasting for a month or longer. Surely as popular as these are becoming someone can simplify the process. Please keep posting anecdotal experiences... I am very interested.

yardbyrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
Carrollton, Georgia USA

Dang the more I read the more I wonder if I need a degree to use this RBA! I've been simply dripping on an LR atty and a 5V mod (yeah, I know it's a no-no) with the atties lasting for a month or longer. Surely as popular as these are becoming someone can simplify the process. Please keep posting anecdotal experiences... I am very interested.

#3 I use 510 batteries and a 306 atomizer to drip and found it to be the best drip set up I've had so far. I too usually get a month, or longer using a 306 atomizer.

It also sounds like I don't need an RBA unless I own a VV device. This confuses me. Are RBAs worth it if they can only be used with VV devices? It appears then that there is no option for an RBA for someone like me. (My setup: Riva 510 with cartos or 306 atty to drip)

vsummer1: Do you mean the RBA will blow ego type batteries and that a multimeter is an undesireable device for someone like me? I thought the multimeter was desireable to test the coil on an RBA prior to use. :confused:

Uncle

Resting In Peace
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2011
11/09 Entry #3 . . .

Honestly, for someone who has bigger and thicker fingers, I've had no issues at all. The biggest thing to get used to is the pieces. The CHID totally disassembled has 10 or 11 pieces, I think. The smallest piece are the screws. They are small, but they are manageable. Building wicks, I believe, is perfect for bigger handed people. When you roll a wick, there is more finger surface, it almost acts like a rolling pin.

Actually, to help everyone out as well. I'm going to do a How To Video. I'll have it up and ready before this contest ends. I'll show how to do it from start to finish.

Thanks for the inspiration, Uncle! Maybe, it will do some people good. :D

Thanks for the information . . . :)

AND - I am glad I was able to be of some minor influence and "You" are now inspired to do another "HOW TO" Video . . . :D

SO - "YES", Please do make one - no matter what happens in the contest, I am sure "Your" Video would help me and others learn more about these "CHID" and other "RBA" . . .:D

#2: If you roll your wick and then the coil on a paperclip before you insert it into the atty it is much easier as you have more space to work. Then you only have to worry about the little wrench with the tiny negative screw and then tightening little positive screws. I leave the fill screw out to help with wicking and because getting the wrench out is a PIA every time I want to fill my tank.

If I win this, I PIF to Uncle.

ETA: to clarify, since this is the reply to Uncle, this post to Uncle. My other post is still to Spacekitty.

AND - Thank You - not only for the information how "You" build one of the wicks :thumbs:, but I turely appreciate your generousity - You Make "Me" :blush: . . . :facepalm:

To You - A BIG HUGE {{{{{ HUG }}}}} :D

boardopboy

MustachioedMechModManiac
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2012
Castle Grayskull
11/09 1:

I am TIRED of leaky Clearos/Cartos/whatever with air holes that .... up against the battery connection. Even "sealed" batteries aren't all that sealed. In the last two weeks I have had juice leak in to two separate batteries killing the circuitry. I am recently unemployed and simply CAN NOT afford to keep replacing eGo (and it's clones) batteries. I don;t have the affordability to go buy a big batt mod and the batteries and the chargers and etc and on and on. My wife won't allow me to pay the 30 or so dollars a good RBA will cost.

Quite frankly... I am on the verge of going back to smokes because of air holes on the bottom of tanks/cartos/clearos and RBAs with side air holes really seem to be the only solution.

That's my sob story. That's why I need a high quality tank based RBA. Is it just me, or does the whole idea of putting a high percentage leak point right up against the battery connection seem extremely short sighted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread