tank help+ohms/other simple questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jacob bonilla

Sep 4, 2015
1. the tank i want to get says it comes in ohms but i don't understand why. doesn't just the atomizer come in ohms? the tank comes in 0.5 or 1.0 ohms

2. should i be going for a lower ohm or higher if possible. ( i have never vaped before {MODERATED} ) not sure what you'd consider that mouth to lung? the mod i am getting seems very customizable but i have to buy everything seperately because all the starters i find for it is either too expensive or out of stock.

3. are bigger tanks basically just more capacity for liquids?

4. how much liquid should i buy not sure if they carry this brand here and seems like it might be good.

5. what are drip tips and how do i know what size tip i need? ( seems like a mouth piece but the tank i am getting doesn't say anything i think it says 510 thread

Last edited by a moderator:

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
Drug references aren't allowed here, so I'd edit that out. What tank are you talking about? It would help to know what it is. The ohms you go for is personal preference. If you inhale straight into your lungs, sub ohming is more suited IMO. If you inhale into your mouth before taking it into your lungs, higher ohms seem to work better. Airflow is also something you need to look at. Do you want something restricted, or to take a simple drag with little resistance?

For question #3, yes, bigger tanks are about capacity, but sometimes they can also fit bigger coils, like the Smok TFV4.

#4. Personal preference, only you will know how much liquid you will go through.

#5. Drip tips are the mouth pieces. 510 thread is the threads where your atomizer connects to your mod, but 510 is also the size of the average drip tips. There are also difference ones, mainly for RDAs, that are bigger, like chuff caps. The tank should say if it uses an average 510 drip tip, and might come with one.

Ou2mame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2015
Long island
What tank are you looking at? It could be that it comes with a pre-installed coil so you're just choosing which one you want.

Lower or higher is personal preference. Lower is more vapor, more heat, more power, and more air flow. If you want mouth to lung, you're probably gonna want to stay above 1ohm.

Bigger tanks hold more juice, and chimney length and design alters flavor too.

I don't know how much juice you should buy. I order in 50mls, sometimes more. If i just want to try it I'll get as little as possible.

Drip tips are a preference thing too. A 510 drip tip is the standard tip. There are others but it's rare. Most tanks come with a tip. If you want something different, there are many different kinds. I think thicker tips with a smaller inner diameter. I also prefer acrylic wrapped steel because it doesn't get as hot as steel. Everyone's different though.

Reactions: Cacique
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread