Terrible Taste

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadaDudeMan

Aug 24, 2013
Edmonton
I just ordered some new hardware and liquid from CanVape for the first time but the juices all have an awful taste.

One of the first things I noticed was I could actually smell the liquid before taking it out of the bag.. this struck me as odd since I've never been able to smell it unless I uncap a bottle. Kind of a gross, chemical smell.

So I filled my new Ego Stardust, take a few hits and at first I was all excited about how much better the vapor is but all I can taste is the gross smell I mentioned before.. Thinking it was maybe just the juice or the Stardust I fill up a Kanger T3 with Export A and got the exact same taste.

Anyone have experience with VapenJuice from CanVape? I noticed it was cheaper than the liquid I usually buy.. is it like cheap/value liquid or something?

Got 50ml of this stuff in total.. Hoping it wasn't a waste. Right now I'm pouring all my new juices back into their bottles and refilling my hardware with my usual stuff.

Do I need to steep this stuff or something?

Cigarettes taste gross to me now, but I swear this weird chemical taste is even worse.

xSoyer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 15, 2013
Ashburn, VA, USA

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hi DudeMan and welcome to ECF. Canvape is my main vape supplier, but I have never tried their juice. I make my own now so probably never will. Letting this stuff steep for a week is a good idea. Because of the chemical smell, you might try leaving the bottles open for a few days to let some evaporation happen. I've bought inexpensive juice before and never had to do that, but I've read that other people have.

Juice that you like can be hard to find. IMO, if you like half of the ones you try you're doing good. I used to buy 10 ml bottles to test before buying larger ones. Best of luck with it :thumb:

brfrompa

Sep 13, 2013
Emmaus, PA
Juice is crazy stuff. At first I was loving Wisconson Frost from Red Oak. Then I went away from that flavor. I don't know what changes. Now I'm liking several of the Seduce Juice line from seducejuice.com like Snake Oil , Snake Venom, and Rapture. Just nice. JD Vapor Nana's Bread, mmmmm. Black Cloud's "Flat Line" is another fav. Also kind of liking there Apple Melon, I think there is a touch of cinnamon in there. I won't bother with the bottles that get ignored. Too depressing.

Brent

Ohyeathat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2013
Apple Valley, Ca
Oh and you can speed up the steeping process. I have heat steeped and it works wonders. If your not familiar with heat steeping here's a quick explanation. Run some tap water until it gets very hot (or put a mug of water in the microwave to heat up). Not so hot it's boiling, just very hot to touch. Make sure the mug (or bowl if you like) has enough water to submerge the bottle up to its neck. Take the cap off and the dripper, too. Place the bottle in the hot water and leave it there until the water cools. Then replace the dripper and cap and shake the bloody hell out of the bottle. Repeat the process as many times as you want. I usually do this about 3-5 times and give the juice another taste to check for improvements.

Sucker_dad

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
topeka, ks, USA
@cANADA, In my experience, I bought a juice that I absolutely hated. The taste was terrible from the first puff. I put it in my cabinet and just worked on the bottle I had. I bought a couple of other flavors and I noticed the taste was changing on them almost every time. SO I tried the bad juice again. I loved it. I believe the change was caused more by my taste buds than any steeping effect. Your taste buds undergo major changes when you quit smoking and I know what I tasted in the beginning is different than what I taste now. So give it a few days and try it again. Just my 2 cents.:2c:

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
The reality is that there is a lot of crappy tasting juice out there. Some vendors seem to only sell crappy tasting juice, while others seem to sell juice that taste great no matter what the 'flavor.' To me there is nothing worse than getting a new order of juice that tastes like nail polish remover smells, and a large amount of them do to me.

I've tried the whole steeping thing, and not sure it makes a lick of difference. I left a couple of bottles uncapped for four days, and any change in flavor was marginal at best. If I have to leave a bottle sitting for days in order to enjoy the flavor, I find a new vendor, pure and simple.

partyannimal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Near Jim Thorpe, PA, USA
I must admit, I'm a bit torn on the topic of "steeping" after reading this thread. I could've sworn that a few of the flavors that I bought and mixed tasted better after about a week or so. But as Sucker_dad mentioned, it may have just been my taste buds adjusting to the flavors. I'll continue to steep when it's convenient, just to see if I have different results.

partyannimal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Near Jim Thorpe, PA, USA
Even if it does work, do I really wanna order juice, wait 5 days to get it, then wait another week to use it?

Yeah, that's kinda my thoughts too. But since I'm still fairly new to juice vendors, it's pretty much trial and error for me no matter what lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread