Tesla nano 120w ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Maybe I'm not looking in the right spots, I can't seem to find much info about this power device.
Or maybe that's my first clue.

Specifically,
How securely does the battery cap close & stay latched?
My daily use requires a device that doesn't bump, rattle or vibrate the battery closure open.

Is the 510 connection high quality material / mounted in the device firmly (not glue or press fit) / sensitive to delivery device 510 depth?

Thanks, fo yo time...

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Maybe I'm not looking in the right spots, I can't seem to find much info about this power device.
Or maybe that's my first clue.

Specifically,
How securely does the battery cap close & stay latched?
My daily use requires a device that doesn't bump, rattle or vibrate the battery closure open.

Is the 510 connection high quality material / mounted in the device firmly (not glue or press fit) / sensitive to delivery device 510 depth?

Thanks, fo yo time...
I’ve been very pleased with mine. So much so that I picked up a second one. To answer your questions, the battery door stays shut securely – I’ve never had it pop open unless I wanted it to. The 510 is solid and the pin has a good amount of travel. Everything I’ve put on it has sat nice and flush regardless of the length of the 510 on the atty.

I really like the menu system. It offers a lot of features (power curves, range of TC options, ability to adjust wattage in TC, ramp up options, etc.) but is laid out in a manner that makes it easy to deal with without having to go through sub-menu after sub-menu. Also really like the on/off switch – more mods should have a dedicated switch as this one does.

To be honest, I was drawn to it mainly for the look but, after using it for a while, it’s become one of my favorites based on performance, especially in TC.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Just got one in the mail. Test driving it with a dripper now. Lemme run a set a batteries through it and I'll get back to ya. I got the copper one.
IMG_20170501_121643_231.JPG

It's a solid mod, with batteries and dripper it tips the scales at just under 14ozs, 386g
IMG_20170501_125530_154.JPG

Last edited:

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
I'm more focused on durability as a whole especially the 510 & batteries staying in place.
The outer design / appearance looks like it would be non slip, for me function over appearance.
This might be an issue when it comes to durability.
IMG_20170501_141543_680.JPG

It has the potential to leak into the battery compartment.
In another thread we are working on remedies for this issue :)

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
Thank you for your response!

I wonder if the pin can be slightly lifted & remove the black o ring & replace it with a slightly large OD same ID super soft o ring ( duro 20a - 40a)
Disappointing it doesn't have a sealed 510.
That's the only flaw I can find so far. Unlike a mech, you can't take these apart to clean them. If I run across any issues I'll let ya know :)

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I dropped by the B&M that has them in stock on my way to pick up materials for a job this a.m.

Odd stuff going on,
On theirs there is no gap around the 510 or fire & menu buttons.
The buttons have a quality feel, the 510 pin spring movement is smooth & firm.
On the end of the top cap nearest the fire button the upward lip is more pronounced and the exterior finish is more matte than than the pictures here & in several other places online appear to be.

All I know is I'm not spending $90 at a B&M or buying a who knows what you'll get online for $40ish.
It is a shame no one seems to offer consistent quality regulated devices any more.

Kprthevapr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2015
On the River, GA
I dropped by the B&M that has them in stock on my way to pick up materials for a job this a.m.

Odd stuff going on,
On theirs there is no gap around the 510 or fire & menu buttons.
The buttons have a quality feel, the 510 pin spring movement is smooth & firm.
On the end of the top cap nearest the fire button the upward lip is more pronounced and the exterior finish is more matte than than the pictures here & in several other places online appear to be.

All I know is I'm not spending $90 at a B&M or buying a who knows what you'll get online for $40ish.
It is a shame no one seems to offer consistent quality regulated devices any more.
I'm still using the same set of batteries that I put in around 12:30PST, yesterday :)
IMG_20170502_094537_178.JPG

numsquat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2015
Got mine today, have used 2 different tanks on, at 44% on my first set of batteries. So far loving it. Feels very solid, battery lid closes solid with no rattle. Fire button solid. Both tanks fit solid and flush. I like the menu system, easy to use. Love the on/off switch, very tight, don't see it accidentally switching in my pocket. Did some chain vaping at 60w, it got a little warm but nothing hot. Not seen any leaking (but that to me is a tank problem, not mod issue) and no condensation issues (and it's very humid here right now), popped the batteries out a few times to check (have read the other thread) and nothing wet. So far a very solid mod but will be running it through a work out for a few days.

Craybee

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Washington, DC
if ur one of the unlucky ones to get a dodgy 510, buy some locktite retaining compound and dribble it around the gap, wait a few mins then wipe off the excess. in the morning ur mod will be fixed. turns into a sort of glass.

good to know. thanks for the advice. mine will arrive by the end of the week so nice to see there's a fix just in case my batteries go all juicy on me.

Skold

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2016
Yay another tesla nano thread, I would recommend this mod too anyone & can't say I've had any dodgy 510 issued.
Also the battery life is amazing, it's 66 percent after 12 hours use.
I reckon I would get 2 days out of it!
It's actually better battery life than my rx2/3. I like it as much as my provaris and it's very hard for me to find a mod that I like as much as my trusty provaris.
@Topwater Elvis if you haven't got it yet I would!

Craybee

ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2013
Washington, DC
Yay another tesla nano thread, I would recommend this mod too anyone & can't say I've had any dodgy 510 issued.
Also the battery life is amazing, it's 66 percent after 12 hours use.
I reckon I would get 2 days out of it!
It's actually better battery life than my rx2/3. I like it as much as my provaris and it's very hard for me to find a mod that I like as much as my trusty provaris.
@Topwater Elvis if you haven't got it yet I would!

12hr battery life, that's quite impressive. what wattage are you running it at?

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
ok that makes sense. i have a beast of a tank on my Tesla so i keep it at 100w cuz that tank isn't too happy with much lower. eventually i'll get a TFV8 or somesuch so's i can step down the wattage a bit.
I use mainly TFV8 Big Baby Beast tanks but rarely run even the T8 coil over 70w.

The T10 in my Cloud Beast works for me conveniently enough at 120w, so I went for the Tesla Nano. I only have a couple of the T10's left and a bunch of the T8's which I run at about 100w (I think... as these coils last so long I forget!), so a solid 120w mod will be perfect for me.

I briefly had a TFV12 but didn't use the 12 coil head. 120w might be a stretch for that one, but all of the others should be good at 120w or lower.

BreSha6869

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2015
Toronto, Canada
if ur one of the unlucky ones to get a dodgy 510, buy some locktite retaining compound and dribble it around the gap, wait a few mins then wipe off the excess. in the morning ur mod will be fixed. turns into a sort of glass.
The blue stuff you see on bolts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread