TFV8 tank with T8 coil overheating - advice needed !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pharmamans

May 15, 2017
Hey all,
I'm a new to vaping, using Alein 220w mob, with baby beast TFV8 tank, and T8 coils.
The problem is that, i can't Vape on watt over than 40?
The coil and tank is getting very hot after only 10 puffs with a watt of 37 to max40, and temp quickly reads up to 40 c.
What could be the problem? Is it the coil, tank or mod itself ?
I'm using a new kit, new LG batteries.
Thanks

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Hey all,
I'm a new to vaping, using Alein 220w mob, with baby beast TFV8 tank, and T8 coils.
The problem is that, i can't Vape on watt over than 40?
The coil and tank is getting very hot after only 10 puffs with a watt of 37 to max40, and temp quickly reads up to 40 c.
What could be the problem? Is it the coil, tank or mod itself ?
I'm using a new kit, new LG batteries.
Thanks

Your vaping those at too low a wattage, not too high..

-T8 Octuple Coil

• Patented Octuple Coil Design
  • Turbo: 6.6T
  • 0.15ohm rated for 50~260W, recommended 120~180W
Generally speaking, you need to stay within the recommended range.. so if you want to vape at 40 watts, you need a coil recommended for that wattage.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Thanks @Opinionated for your reply.
I don't wanna low coil range, I wanna to use this one or another on a higher wattage without getting hot quickly. The vapor itself becomes very hot.
Is this an issue with the coil I'm using? Or should I increase the wattage and puff in slower pace?

Eskie owns an alien, whereas I dont.. he is here now most likely writing a reply, so wait for him for the best possible answer.

I can do basic, but not in-depth.. so lets wait fo his reply on this.. :)

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
@Pharmamans OK, when you say the temp goes to 40C, I'm assuming you mean the board temperature on the display. If so, that's kinda hot. Is the mod, the tank, or both hot to the touch?

I'm not aware of Smok supplying a range for the PCB board temp to fall in, but I've never seen mine over 30C. I will say that ANY mod that gets hot to the touch has a problem. Tanks can get warm, but not super hot. The tank concerns me less than the board temp. Higher than normal board temps reduce lifespans on any electronic device, including mods.

First place I'd look are your batteries. If their getting hot with only a 40-50W draw (which would heat the surface of the mod, as well as the PCB board) the batteries are either bad, or quite possibly counterfeit LG batteries. Where did you buy the batteries from? If it was off eBay, Amazon, or a dealer who doesn't pay attention, counterfeits are common with far lower grade batteries under the wrap. If someone sold you a rewrapped battery claiming it was an authentic 20A LG, but it's really some no name lower current battery, overheating will occur, all the way up to venting if you let them keep getting hotter.

Try a different set of batteries and see how the temps behave.

Pharmamans

May 15, 2017
Thanks @Eskie, as you gussed it is the board Temp, and only the tank is getting hot, not the mod.
I'm using LG 18650, and I bought it from a local dealer here, can't tell if it is original or not !
However, I will try to get a different brand and try again.

Thanks @Tonee N , so which coil should I try with this tank? And did it get hot similar to mine, up to 40 C on 40 wattage ?

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
Thanks @Eskie, as you gussed it is the board Temp, and only the tank is getting hot, not the mod.
I'm using LG 18650, and I bought it from a local dealer here, can't tell if it is original or not !
However, I will try to get a different brand and try again.

Thanks @Tonee N , so which coil should I try with this tank? And did it get hot similar to mine, up to 40 C on 40 wattage ?
I would try the X4, Q2, or M2. Hth

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread