Status
Not open for further replies.

pnguin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 14, 2011
St. Louis, MO
NP, we all had to learn at some point, right? :D

We make the holes in a carto for placement in a tank. The tank holds lots of extra juice, and the holes in the carto allow the juice to absorb into the carto from the tank.

See this link as an example (just a quick one I knew where to find - I'm not recommending it necessarily, as I haven't tried this particular one, although I do like this supplier. :) ).

HV Chibi Tank Mod

A good photo - shows the carto w/the holes. Hope this helps!

:vapor:

Thanks for the explanation, that is one use I never would have guessed.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
First of all, HOLY CRAP, he officially named it the Chibi :lol: (I call that tank that cause it's so dang cute!)
Second, I'm vaping one right now and they're really great little tanks. You do have to needle fill them, but once you get used to doint it, it's great. Don't even have to take it off the mod. :D

I am going to Lowes today to buy this tool. I had to hammer and nail a carto last night and I'm not a huge fan. :( I'd very much like to avoid doing that in the future. :)

NP, we all had to learn at some point, right? :D

We make the holes in a carto for placement in a tank. The tank holds lots of extra juice, and the holes in the carto allow the juice to absorb into the carto from the tank.

See this link as an example (just a quick one I knew where to find - I'm not recommending it necessarily, as I haven't tried this particular one, although I do like this supplier. :) ).

HV Chibi Tank Mod

A good photo - shows the carto w/the holes. Hope this helps!

:vapor:

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
First of all, HOLY CRAP, he officially named it the Chibi :lol: (I call that tank that cause it's so dang cute!)
Second, I'm vaping one right now and they're really great little tanks. You do have to needle fill them, but once you get used to doint it, it's great. Don't even have to take it off the mod. :D

I am going to Lowes today to buy this tool. I had to hammer and nail a carto last night and I'm not a huge fan. :( I'd very much like to avoid doing that in the future. :)

Let us know how the tool from Lowes works for ya.

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
You do have to needle fill them, but once you get used to doint it, it's great. Don't even have to take it off the mod.

Actually you don't have to needle fill them. All you need is a 3 ml syringe and some sort of tool to make a hole. Take the rubber plunger off the 3 ml syringe (those are SO much easier to find than the larger ones, i believe they can be found in the baby/pharmacy section of any store that sells that kinda stuff), you make a hole in the side slightly smaller than the pluger so that it fits tight, and poof, you have an easy fill hole. Here's mine tank.jpg to give you a better idea of what it looks like.

BiancaMontgomery

SQUIRREL!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 27, 2010
North Carolina
Oh yeah! And I have some of those tiny syringes too. Yay!

Actually you don't have to needle fill them. All you need is a 3 ml syringe and some sort of tool to make a hole. Take the rubber plunger off the 3 ml syringe (those are SO much easier to find than the larger ones, i believe they can be found in the baby/pharmacy section of any store that sells that kinda stuff), you make a hole in the side slightly smaller than the pluger so that it fits tight, and poof, you have an easy fill hole. Here's mine View attachment 55616 to give you a better idea of what it looks like.

GIMike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2009
Around OKC, OK
My cutters must not be as big as the OPs cause it actually didn't fit properly and it had 2 of the "teeth" that tried to put holes in my carto. So now I have a dent and a hole on 2 sides of the carto. It's still just 2 holes though, and seems to be working great for me so far. Used them on a new carto last night as the original one was getting clogged and needed thrown away. Took it all apart, punched the holes (ugly though they are with the dents), reassembled, started vaping. Been going strong since 8 pm last night, working great. No leaks and getting proper wicking. I think it might be how sharp the "teeth" are and how hard you're having to press. I keep calling them teeth, they're the pointy separaters between the different gauges of wires you can strip. IE, the "tooth" that separates 10 awg and 12 awg is the one that punches the holes in it for me. If your "tooth" isn't sharp enough, you may just end up crimping the carto closed or cutting a massive hole in it. I just searched youtube for any videos on doing this, and couldn't find anything. I'll try to get one on there tonight.

StotheK

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Knoxville
www.stevevape.com
So, turns out my strippers are also not sufficiently sharp. But I did kind of come up with an alternate method that works pretty well. First I take the strippers like outlined above. But rather than punching holes, my goal is to make small dents on either side of the carto. Then I take the carto stick it in a bench vice and use a small finishing nail to complete the holes.

The dents serve two purposes. First, it keeps the nail from slipping when I hammer it in. Second, it thins the metal out a little bit making it possible for a small nail to pierce the carto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread