RDA The Dark Horse RDA | Whats your Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tfraley

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Good day guys,

I received my DarkHorse rda yesterday.
I must say this is a cloudchassers dream

This was planned to replace my V1 brass Tugboat (⅛ drilled holes) I loved this atty great mix of vape and flavor.

With that said I am still playing around with the DarkHorse and trying to find that sweet spot.
It is currently sitting at dual 24g sitting at .22ohms on my IPV3

Their are tons of air options so feel I still have a lot of testing to do, But so far I have not found that sweet flavor spot that matches or passes my tugboat.

Also the large bore drip tip almost feels to big kinda wish it was a bit smaller. but again trying to get used to it and see how its goes for a few days.
But have been swapping tips back and forth.

I will also add since the drip tip is a pressure fitting it takes a little to get it in their, I'm sure it will get easier over time.

IMG_0066.jpg
IMG_0069.jpg
IMG_0076.jpg

IMG_0080.jpg

Siochanai

Verified Member
That is some SERIOUS airflow for a stock atty

I is not just serious air flow but both serious plumes and serious flavor. This thing is insane like I mentioned in the other thread. It is amazing how much vapor you can draw from this. I am running a 0.2 ohm build as well probably more like 0.19 or so and the vape is just warm not hot at all. I am personally running it wide open on the divided air dual coil mode with the 14mm drip tip. I find with the steel drip tip at low ohms despite the insulator the steel tip gots hot quick. The 14mm drip tip does not get hot you just have to be careful about coil spitting from the heat lol. IMHO this is the best RDA on the market right now and super affordable at $80.

TCombinator

Sep 1, 2014
Boston, USA
@TCombinator have a 4nine also... But cant use it below .4 ohms otherwise magnets would give in... Do you use it below .4 ohms? Just wondering sir...

Oh, this is just getting better and better. Thank you for making me aware of this. I'm staying above 0.5 Ohm, but I don't like this margin of error. To clarify, I don't actually have 4nine yet, so the point is moot for now. Cheerio.

TCombinator

Sep 1, 2014
Boston, USA
For my copper quasar, the center pin does not stick out past the 510 connector. Its really easy to take a hammer and screwdriver and hit the center pin from the top in order to get the center pin sticking out to make it work with a hybrid adapter.

I've heard about this method. Good to know that someone did it. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread