The Griffin 25 by Geekvape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolloser

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2015
I've seen this tank and the 22mm version hyped around here a lot and had no intention in getting one. After I won my Simba I was looking at coil prices and stumbled upon this picture:http://www.heavengifts.com/GeekVape-Griffin-25-RTA-Top-Airflow-Tank-Black.html
Those who know me at all, know that I love orange so I wanted it just because of the orange orings! I didn't care if it would overhang my mods because we all know that I'll have bigger mods one day. Hehe.

This is not my first rebuildable tank but it is my first that has no prebuilt coil option. A little scary if you're not confident in your building or wicking skills. I decided to go for it as I figured I could learn as I go if my expertise was lacking.

What's in the box?
-The tank (duh).
-Extra orings (including orange!).
-Extra frosted glass.
-RBA deck.
-Orange multi Screwdriver.
-Ceramic plugs x2 for single coil builds.
-510 driptip adapter

The Nitty Gritty.
The Griffin feels solid and heavy duty (hehe "doody"). There's two different styles of knurling for the airflows and the topcap/juice control which is nice as I've grabbed the wrong ring on tanks before. The art and branding are very prevalent, you better be proud to own this tank if you take it out! That said, I'm a self-proclaimed geek member of Griffindor so I'm down for that. (/r/unexpectedHogwarts).

The tank and components were very clean but I washed them with hot water and dish soap anyways. I changed the orings to orange of course, threw a prebuilt Alien Clapton (I ain't got the time or wire to build my own, hush you) with the closed ceramic plug and wicked it to just below the top of the ring. I closed 'er, filled 'er, then watched my beautiful Nuts & Cream piss all over the desk. I had forgotten about closing the two air controls to create the vacuum! Grr... Flipped it over and did the steps properly with bone dry success.

I opted to test it first with the wide bore driptip and both airflows wide open. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as I use narrow tips on my Royal Hunter for maximum flavour. I was pleasantly surprised, I'm able to haul on the Griffin a lot longer than my other tanks or dripper while maintaining a "cool" vape. I also can crank the wattage or temp higher and have massive flavour. The airflow can be as little as my Subtank or seemingly more airy than the Royal Hunter (bottom airflow versus side I'm assuming?). I'm betting the open ceramic plug or dual coil builds would be super, no resistance airy.

The build deck is a nice and spacious (17mm) velocity style that allows for dual coils easily. I spaced my coil a little too much and had a short when I put the top cap on but I didn't have to squeeze them much to get them to fit. Sorry for the lack of coil pictures, I realized after the second fill and wasn't wasting any more juice. :p

This is a beast of a tank and I'm already considering my next move for mod purchase to be much more powerful than my Topbox and kbox minis. My SO (a high wattage cloud chaser) wants to steal the tank from me as it was love at first vape.
A beginner could rock this tank with minimal issues as long as they can follow instructions. Experienced vapers would rock it harder of course.

In Conclusion.
Griffin 25 wins the house cup!
Pictures:

Reactions: Heartsdelight

Heartsdelight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2015
I've seen this tank and the 22mm version hyped around here a lot and had no intention in getting one. After I won my Simba I was looking at coil prices and stumbled upon this picture:http://www.heavengifts.com/GeekVape-Griffin-25-RTA-Top-Airflow-Tank-Black.html
Those who know me at all, know that I love orange so I wanted it just because of the orange orings! I didn't care if it would overhang my mods because we all know that I'll have bigger mods one day. Hehe.

This is not my first rebuildable tank but it is my first that has no prebuilt coil option. A little scary if you're not confident in your building or wicking skills. I decided to go for it as I figured I could learn as I go if my expertise was lacking.

What's in the box?
-The tank (duh).
-Extra orings (including orange!).
-Extra frosted glass.
-RBA deck.
-Orange multi Screwdriver.
-Ceramic plugs x2 for single coil builds.
-510 driptip adapter

The Nitty Gritty.
The Griffin feels solid and heavy duty (hehe "doody"). There's two different styles of knurling for the airflows and the topcap/juice control which is nice as I've grabbed the wrong ring on tanks before. The art and branding are very prevalent, you better be proud to own this tank if you take it out! That said, I'm a self-proclaimed geek member of Griffindor so I'm down for that. (/r/unexpectedHogwarts).

The tank and components were very clean but I washed them with hot water and dish soap anyways. I changed the orings to orange of course, threw a prebuilt Alien Clapton (I ain't got the time or wire to build my own, hush you) with the closed ceramic plug and wicked it to just below the top of the ring. I closed 'er, filled 'er, then watched my beautiful Nuts & Cream piss all over the desk. I had forgotten about closing the two air controls to create the vacuum! Grr... Flipped it over and did the steps properly with bone dry success.

I opted to test it first with the wide bore driptip and both airflows wide open. I wasn't expecting to enjoy it as I use narrow tips on my Royal Hunter for maximum flavour. I was pleasantly surprised, I'm able to haul on the Griffin a lot longer than my other tanks or dripper while maintaining a "cool" vape. I also can crank the wattage or temp higher and have massive flavour. The airflow can be as little as my Subtank or seemingly more airy than the Royal Hunter (bottom airflow versus side I'm assuming?). I'm betting the open ceramic plug or dual coil builds would be super, no resistance airy.

The build deck is a nice and spacious (17mm) velocity style that allows for dual coils easily. I spaced my coil a little too much and had a short when I put the top cap on but I didn't have to squeeze them much to get them to fit. Sorry for the lack of coil pictures, I realized after the second fill and wasn't wasting any more juice. :p

This is a beast of a tank and I'm already considering my next move for mod purchase to be much more powerful than my Topbox and kbox minis. My SO (a high wattage cloud chaser) wants to steal the tank from me as it was love at first vape.
A beginner could rock this tank with minimal issues as long as they can follow instructions. Experienced vapers would rock it harder of course.

In Conclusion.
Griffin 25 wins the house cup!
Pictures:

Stellar review! :headbang:

FredrickCatty

Jun 2, 2016
agreed! great review. I really like the griffin. Its no prblem at all to build a dual coil. although the first time i did i built them too far away from the centre so the top wouldnt go back on! :lol:

What wire are you using? I used some twisted UD clapton wire. .22 ohm. simply amazing.

How does it compare to the royal hunter? ive always been curious about them

Reactions: Coolloser

Coolloser

ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2015
agreed! great review. I really like the griffin. Its no prblem at all to build a dual coil. although the first time i did i built them too far away from the centre so the top wouldnt go back on! :lol:

What wire are you using? I used some twisted UD clapton wire. .22 ohm. simply amazing.

How does it compare to the royal hunter? ive always been curious about them
My first ever build was too high as well (subtank mini), the pictures make everything look huge!
I mostly use 26g kanthal 6-8 wraps dual but right now I have an alien Clapton salvaged from a CoilArt coil.
The Royal Hunter is very nice, good airflow and flavour but after switching to velocity-style, the 4 post deck is kind of annoying to build on!

FredrickCatty

Jun 2, 2016
My first ever build was too high as well (subtank mini), the pictures make everything look huge!
I mostly use 26g kanthal 6-8 wraps dual but right now I have an alien Clapton salvaged from a CoilArt coil.
The Royal Hunter is very nice, good airflow and flavour but after switching to velocity-style, the 4 post deck is kind of annoying to build on!

Aaah i still occasionally use the RBA in my subtank. Although usually use the stock 0.5ohms because im lazy! oh i see! yes the velocity style decks just makes everything so easy! thanks for the reply coolloser! vape on! :thumb:

Reactions: Coolloser

Ramsay Bolton

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2013
Beyond the Grave
Orange?

New Griffin 25 tank glass from Geekvape

13335719_1149458868417767_833751853226204279_n.jpg

Tamberland

Unresolved Status
Aug 4, 2016