Status
Not open for further replies.

Huffelpuff

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2011
Philadelphia Burbs
One way to make your battery ecig last longer is to use the appropriate resistance in atomizers or cartomizers. Using low resistance (<2ohms) is a way to kill your batteries quickly.

If you would like to increase the battery life you need to move onto a battery rated at a higher mah. Removable, rechargable batteries and a simple case may be something worth a try. My 18650s last all day. The smaller the ecig, the smaller the battery, the shorter the vape between charges.

Good Luck!!

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I'd suggest trying some cartomizers in place of the tank atty. The flavor and vapor make the tank atties pale in comparison. I started with a eGo-T type PV and moved on quickly because of the lousy performance. Your eGo is 510 threaded, so you have alot of options as to cartomizers. There are tanks that go with the cartomizers, so you can still see yourr remaining juice capacity, as well.

hairball

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2010
Other Places
Sadly, atomizers/cartomizers and the likes will always need to be replaced. The only option to this is to go to a mod and get yourself a genisis atty or something similar that you can rebuild the heating element yourself. Initial cost is more but in the long run, cheaper. Hardest part is getting one. Other than that, as for a battery, I have 2 regular 650mah batteries from my original eGo kit that are 18 months old. Look horrible but they still work like new. Neither of these batteries have ever seen low resistance.

frosting

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2011
Connecticut
+1 on cartomizers.

The batteries are like any other. They do eventually die and need to be replaced. Some will last a year or longer if you're lucky and as hairball mentioned, don't use LR resistance anything. If you do choose to use LR I would expect eGo type batteries to last about 4/5 months before the life really starts to die down if you're a heavy vaper that is.

a correctly filled cartomizer should last at least a week to two weeks, some people report they last even longer then that!

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
a correctly filled cartomizer should last at least a week to two weeks, some people report they last even longer then that!

Just to clarify for people, you still need to refill the carto. One won't last a week on one fill unless you are an extremely light vaper.

I generally run 20-30ml through a carto before it's time to toss it.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
To me it is all a Balancing Act. What lasts a Long Time verses what Tastes the Best verses what is Cost Effective.

Filler-Type Cartomizers Last a Long Time and are Cheap. But I don’t Like the Hit all that much. Even when Brand New.

Atomizers can give a Great Hit. But there more Expensive and can be a PITA.

CE2’s are a Tad more Expensive that Filler Cartos. And the hit is Similar to a Atomizer. But they have a Learning Curve some people don’t like.

So it’s hard to say what is best.

For me, I use CE2’s. I like the Hit they give and I like the Price. I don’t mind Cleaning them or Dry Burning most of the time. Some I have used for over 3 weeks. Sometimes I get Lazy and don’t clean them and just toss one after 6 or 7 refills.

But whatever you use, or try, it is going to be cheaper than buying a Pack of Analogs Every Day. So you can’t Really Lose.

ejervjero

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Raleigh,NC
The longest mod I currently have is a 2800mah e-Power and each battery gets me with semi-heavy vape sessions about 3 days on a charge if not longer. The batteries on the other hand take about 3 hours+ to charge.

I have had pretty good luck so far with my 1.5 dual coil cartomizers and my 2,0 cartomizers just by using the condom method and maybe every 10-20 refills sending them into the abyss of boiling water. So far they have lasted me well over 2+ months each and I don't see them being tossed out anytime soon. I do know quite a few people toss them after the first refill or sometime shortly after but I have been pleased with mine and expect to get a very long lifespan out of them.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
You mean the parts? The ecig you hardly use would last the longest.

Batteries are only good for somewhere between 150-250 charges unless you kill them first by buying unsealed or auto batteries and getting liquid leaked into them, or if you torture batteries by putting stuff that is too low ohms on them. I have worn out (by charging) the original batteries of every model I use daily.

Atomizers - IMO they sucked after 6 weeks of use no matter how I cleaned them. So I bought new ones and I only use them at home for testing juices and occasionally dripping juices I use rarely. I use cartomizers for everyday vaping. Using thin clear juices I can run 15-20 ml through a carto before it feels degraded enough that I feel I deserve a new one. For me that is about 7-10 days per carto (since I alternate vaping 2 models, each with a carto, that is 2-3 weeks for the pair). My cleanest clearest juice gives me the longer lasting carto, sometimes over a month, using it 1/2 the time. I am very good at keeping my cartos damp so they don't singe and ruin the flavor.

Last edited:

Ericscott_68

Jul 17, 2011
Bidwell Ohio
What e cig has lasted for you with the same bits that you got with your starter kit, it would be great for me to know the better options of e cigs so i dont keep on ordering new atomisers all the time, i have an ego t and nothing you can really get for it last a long time..

Any suggestions?
Smoktech dual coil cartos for ego-T from madvapes. They've lasted me 8 months so far and going strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread