The Nicoticket Approved Delivery Device Advice Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedydave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
Dave is that walnut ebony? That's gorgeous!!

Spalted Maple with clear resin filling in a few spots. Pictures just do not do this thing justice. I'll get better pics over the weekend, I'm way too swamped with the end of the month rolling up to get anything decent right now.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Spalted Maple with clear resin filling in a few spots. Pictures just do not do this thing justice. I'll get better pics over the weekend, I'm way too swamped with the end of the month rolling up to get anything decent right now.
I was actually asking the other Dave - I know yours,the creme of the crop! Stoked for better pics man - same for me, very swamped right now.

speedydave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 5, 2012
SF Bay Area, CA
I was actually asking the other Dave - I know yours,the creme of the crop! Stoked for better pics man - same for me, very swamped right now.

My bad! I will say, I was a little concerned about getting one of the wood/resin hybrids because of how the two blend as well as expand and contract. Obviously, having had it in my hands for less than 12 hours I can't yet comment on the latter, but Rob blended the wood and resin seamlessly. If you close your eyes and just run your finger over the mod, you can't even tell where the wood ends and the resin begins. Top notch craftsmanship.

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
My bad! I will say, I was a little concerned about getting one of the wood/resin hybrids because of how the two blend as well as expand and contract. Obviously, having had it in my hands for less than 12 hours I can't yet comment on the latter, but Rob blended the wood and resin seamlessly. If you close your eyes and just run your finger over the mod, you can't even tell where the wood ends and the resin begins. Top notch craftsmanship.
It's a first for Rob, part of why it's so special - you are a true pioneer my friend. I bet that won't be much of an issue...porky dust works wonders :)

Dave412

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
California
Dave is that walnut ebony? That's gorgeous!!

I'll get pics up of my wenge as soon as I'm able to get some good ones/have time to fiddle with file sizes and all that. Instantly my favorite mod of all time. I named it "Wenaka" :)

Wakonda simply tastes better out of a wood mod :)

Yes, walnut ebony. It's beautiful!!

inswva

Do you even squonk, bro?
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 19, 2014
REOs and NT? Sounds dubious... not that all four of these are filled with NT. I'm a little tardy to the 'house, you'll have to excuse my late arrival.

1mLbmJR.jpg

Last edited:

Alawot

Wakonda Warrior
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2015
Lebanon, Ohio
REOs and NT? Sounds dubious... not that all four of these are filled with NT. I'm a little tardy to the 'house, you'll have to excuse my late arrival.

1mLbmJR.jpg
Very nice! Wish I had some black caps for my Derringers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread