Status
Not open for further replies.

taki1203

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2013
NorCal
Hi all,

I know several of us push a certain device as a Nicoticket "approved" delivery device. I wanted to start a thread where we can all share the various aspects of a certain bottom feeding mod that takes vaping to the "next level." Feel free to add in photos and your opinions since I don't own anything but Grands.

First off, LP vs "Regular" catch cups. Below is a pic of a LP on the left and a regular on the right. As you can see the catch cup on the regular is much higher than the LP. This was initially done when cartos were more popular and helped prevent leaking. The LP version was introduced so any BF atty could be used.
2014-05-10%2018.34.40.jpg

2014-05-10%2018.35.06.jpg

Next up are a regular RM2 and a AFC Cyclone. This shows the difference between between what fits the regular catch cup and what works on the LP catch cup. As you can see the Regular RM2 is milled down to fit inside the catch cup on the regular versions. The Cyclone and LP RM2 are unmilled and will only work on the LP versions.
2014-05-10%2018.36.03.jpg

Edit: The Cyclone with the AFC cap will only work on the LP. A Cyclone with the standard cap will work on either version of the catch cup.
2014-03-25%2013.47.19.jpg

All Reos today ship with the sub-ohms kits installed from Rob so they will run what your battery can handle. If you have any other questions ask away.

Just wanted a single place for all NT approved delivery devices so there were not a ton of threads floating around :D.

Last edited:

taki1203

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2013
NorCal
Oh... you tempters and enablers... I sent him an email earlier tonight and asked if there would be any woods available anytime soon & told him what kind I would prefer.... I shouldn't hang out in here!! :facepalm:

Hi Mommay, Woodvils are limited runs that Rob does occasionally. Typically there is a lot of buzz and build up before they are released and I'm pretty sure thy are all gone. But who knows, you might get lucky and if so let us know :)

brookj1986

Super Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
Chicago, IL
All the reading I've done makes me want a Reos, I don't really have access to machining shops and i've fallen in love with the t style center post like a helios. When will a reomizer come with a t post center post? :lol: then I'd have to buy one immediately. Broke-ness be damned.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk.

taki1203

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2013
NorCal
Just FYI... PBusardo just posted his review on the REO. Haven't watched the entire thing, but the only real thumbs down was the standard button (without button cover, which fixes everything) and door rattle. Thumbs up overall.

If the button and door rattle were the biggest gripe, we're really grasping at straws lol.

Skorpeyon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 6, 2014
Ohio
Just got a Reo yesterday and I'm loving it. I ALSO received a Taifun GT clone the same day and I have to say... they hit about the same! The Reo is nice, very good looking piece, and even though I have to push a bottle on occasion to keep it tasting great it hits like a TANK. I just wanted to comment to anyone who can't afford or doesn't like a Reo (people who hate box mods or whatever) you might want to try a Taifun GT. It's basically as though someone took a dripper, put two holes in the sides for the wick to stick out of, and slid a tank over it. Keeps it saturated constantly, no dry hits so far at all except a bit of one when I first used it. That was my own fault because I didn't wait for the wick to saturate fully. Been vaping Frenilla in the Reo and it tastes AMAZING, and Butterscotch Puddinging in the Taifun and they're both just incredibly delicious. Put one of my Kafuns on after a bit and just couldn't stand the muted flavor and immediately put the Taifun back on.

Just wanted to suggest it as an alternative to the Reo for anyone who may have decided for one reason or another that the Reo is just not for them. I've been switching back and forth on my Hana Modz V3 (which came in today) with my Taifun running at 16.5 Watts and my Reo Grande with a Reomizer 2 on it and am loving both devices just the same. The Taifun is a .9 ohm coil, the Reo is a .5, and I couldn't complain about either. Just had to refill both about the same amount so they're definitely being used about equal.

Mommay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2014
Arkansas
OK guys, I need some advice. Since the Woodvills are so hard to come by (and I'm not such a patient person), I've decided to go ahead and spring for a metal one. Now, I have never had a mechanical mod & really like my mvp. BUT, I am running into a problem with trying to run my fave (sweet & some High VG) e-juices through commercial tanks & coils, and I do maintain my stuff well... real coil killers. Also, My thumb is starting to kill me, because of the stiff button!! (yes, I'm getting old - probably older than my years :oops:) I don't want to have to "fiddle" with something all the time. I like to just fill & go. But, I really like the idea of pure taste - I'd rather chase taste, than huge clouds. I've looked through Rob's site and the more I look, the more confused I get. Why isn't the vv unit made any longer? I have thoughts - which may be wrong - that the vv was safer (internal programming, etc.). What all this long verbage has led up to is this....
What do I order to meet my perceived needs?

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
OK guys, I need some advice. Since the Woodvills are so hard to come by (and I'm not such a patient person), I've decided to go ahead and spring for a metal one. Now, I have never had a mechanical mod & really like my mvp. BUT, I am running into a problem with trying to run my fave (sweet & some High VG) e-juices through commercial tanks & coils, and I do maintain my stuff well... real coil killers. Also, My thumb is starting to kill me, because of the stiff button!! (yes, I'm getting old - probably older than my years :oops:) I don't want to have to "fiddle" with something all the time. I like to just fill & go. But, I really like the idea of pure taste - I'd rather chase taste, than huge clouds. I've looked through Rob's site and the more I look, the more confused I get. Why isn't the vv unit made any longer? I have thoughts - which may be wrong - that the vv was safer (internal programming, etc.). What all this long verbage has led up to is this....

If you want a similar size, the Grand is the way to go. The vv model is limited to a little over 1 ohm resistance, due to the chip it uses. You're not chasing clouds so it should be fine. I'm not sure if you're "verified", but there were a few used ones in the classi's.
If you can't find a vv, I would recommend a LP model with a rm2. It will give you the option to use other dripping atty's with it and also any bf atty's that come out.

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
I sent in my verification request about a week ago, but no word yet - so the classys are still off limits to me. I don't plan on sub-ohm builds. If I ever get to that point, I'll re-group and remount then. Right now, I just want to vape great flavors & what I'm using just isn't getting there.

This is what drove most of us to Reo's. If you can't wait, you may try to pm Rob' through the Reo forum, or on his site to check if he still has any vv Grands left. The site isn't always updated to show actual stock. Get some batteries, a charger, some wire, a coil winder (if you're so inclined), and the wicking material of your choice and you'll be good to go.
Plenty of help in the Reo forum or here, if you need it.

taki1203

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2013
NorCal

Metal Reos also come with a hot spring that is designed to drop the battery (and break the connection) should anything catastrophic happen (hard short). Couple that with the squonk hole in the door (place for gas to escape) and I'd say the Reo is one of the safest mechs around. Once you find your "perfect" build your Reo will basically be super easy to maintain. Running micro coils with cotton I just replace my cotton when I feel like it, top off the bottle when necessary and replace my battery when I top off my bottle. Heck with the new contacts you don't even have to file the firing pin anymore. When I was running a 0.8-1.0 ohm micro I was easily getting 24 hours/6mls of juice on one Sony VTC5 battery. Mind you I have another Reo and several mechs so it's not getting 100% of the use but you get the idea. If you do get one I do recommend getting a button cover, it really helps with pressing down the firing pin.

taki1203

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2013
NorCal
I sent in my verification request about a week ago, but no word yet - so the classys are still off limits to me. I don't plan on sub-ohm builds. If I ever get to that point, I'll re-group and remount then. Right now, I just want to vape great flavors & what I'm using just isn't getting there.

Naw all you'll have to do is build a sub-ohm coil. The Reo and RM2 can handle them already.

a wandering soul

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2014
North Carolina
Really want a reo. But for the $ it's hard to beat an mvp. Add in a decent rda (im partial to a patriot clone) and you definitely get a lot of flavor.
Is it the best? Nope. But if you are tight on cash its one of the better options. Total cost 55-70 (including apv, rda, kanthal and cotton).

But remember what I started this off with.. I want a reo. Think they might just be one of if not the best options out there. (esp. With a good bf (bottom feeder) atty).

Until then.. My mvp makes me mighty happy.

Via spontaneous binary code

Mommay

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 19, 2014
Arkansas
I sent Joker an email today to check and see if I really sent in my request for verification. I opened up a new PayPal account & got it verified, just for this purpose... I HATE PAYPAL :-x:censored::-x As goofy as I've been the last week or so, I could've just THOUGHT I sent it in. :confused: I've been having an MS flare-up and my memory is always more effected than anything else - at least that's as good of an excuse as any... :toast: I guess I could just admit that I'm getting older..... NAW!! Just as soon as I'm "verified", I'll be trolling the classys looking for a REO. I looked at RBA's today and just couldn't make up my mind. :confused: I built a couple of coils for my piddly little dripper today - I HATE that thing! :nah: It's such a tight build, when my hands & eyes refuse to work together. :glare:, so I was looking for something with a larger platform. I sure think I would like to have a 3D - and I found one today that doesn't have the stupid logo. But, don't think it would work with a REO, at all.... So back to shopping around. :vapor:

brookj1986

Super Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
Chicago, IL
Ok, so I've resigned myself to the fact that I will be purchasing a reo. I'm going to go full size, but do I go LP or standard? My other question, are there solid air flow control ( i love the wide open vape that I can get from a trident or helios) equipped bottom feeders?

Aside from a cap for the button, and likely a reomizer or igo bf to get me started, what else should I have in my first order? I know there is a whole forum on this, but I'm not operating from a computer and it's a ton to read through on a phone, even one as large as the note3 that I use.

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
Ok, so I've resigned myself to the fact that I will be purchasing a reo. I'm going to go full size, but do I go LP or standard? My other question, are there solid air flow control ( i love the wide open vape that I can get from a trident or helios) equipped bottom feeders?

Aside from a cap for the button, and likely a reomizer or igo bf to get me started, what else should I have in my first order? I know there is a whole forum on this, but I'm not operating from a computer and it's a ton to read through on a phone, even one as large as the note3 that I use.

If you want to go with an atty' that has afc, then a LP is the way to go. It will allow you to use just about any regular or bf atty'. Right now there is a dearth of cyclone's with the afc cap, but Vicious Ant is supposed to be working on a new offering.
The minimum to get besides what you've listed is a spare spring, extra screws for the rm2 (if you get one), and a bottle with an extra tube. I'm going to assume that you already have batteries, wick, wire, and a charger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread