Not open for further replies.

FringeChief68

Kingsguard
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
Pittsburgh, Pa, USA
Kas,
Just keep them cool and in the closet...works for me...
:?:

giphy.gif

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
If you can obtain an oxygen free environment this is sufficient.

I can explain further but refrigeration can also degrade flavorings. Ideally 50 to 70 degrees in a dark place.
(It has to do with the chemical composition of flavorings..not extracts, extracts are a whole different animal).

I have flavors that are about 3 years old and have been kept as mentioned above and still taste as expected, and have not oxidized.

Naturally there has to be "something" capable of oxidizing to oxidize...

Okay so purge the oxygen I can do that, what if I got a wine cooler, they have a temp of 50 deg or so?

KAS

Reactions: ItTechy

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Flavoring is used for food so how can they ban it? Take up "candy making" and you can legally buy the stuff. LOL

They cant as far as I know, I am just thinking about it, if I set up the bulk account at TPA/TFA and bought them in bulk, purged the oxygen out, stored them in a wine cooler, I think they might last a long time. The bulk account I can buy 4 oz or larger bottles, it would take me years to use up bottles that size.

KAS

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I don't think you need to stock up on flavorings.
Most of the flavorings we use were around before vaping, and will be around even if it's difficult to buy nicotine - they're used to make all kinds of foods...
Yes, officer, I bake a lot of RY4-cupcakes.

What about purging with argon or nitrogen, and refrigeration?

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
FYI - all it takes to buy bulk from TFA is filling out a form...
I get my D-RY4 in 4 oz bottles...
:D

They cant as far as I know, I am just thinking about it, if I set up the bulk account at TPA/TFA and bought them in bulk, purged the oxygen out, stored them in a wine cooler, I think they might last a long time. The bulk account I can buy 4 oz or larger bottles, it would take me years to use up bottles that size.

KAS

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
I gotta give a shout out to xstitch! Thanks much, my wife is a happy camper :) xstitch reached out to me and sent me a caramel cappuccino flavoring she had no use for. Funny thing is, I used to vape a coffee flavor way back, and my wife had been bugging me to get some more. I had lost my taste for that one. Today I got the flavoring from xstitch, and mixed up a quick sample batch and tweaked it. It is delicious cappuccino flavor with a very strong nose. It fills the room with a scent of mocha goodness. Happy time in TV land this evening. Thanks xstitch! :)

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL

KAS

You can also buy larger bottles from Flavor West. Shipping is high, but you still end up paying less overall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread