Status
Not open for further replies.

distortoblotto

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
S.F/ Seattle
I drink a glass of Braggs mixed in with distilled water and organic honey every morning and evening with out fail. In the morning it washes down the vitamins. One of my favorite recipes is to slowly heat organic apple juice or cider with a cinnamon stick on the stove. Once it cools, I then mix it with the ACV, distilled water and a wee bit of honey to taste. This mixture is always in the fridge and is delicious.

simplynewt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2014
Titus, Alabama
Wanted to know what you all were talking about with this and googled it ...

The difference between acv with "mother" and without is quite simple. regular acv is distilled, which means that any natural enzymes and other important minerals have been killed in the process and it offers no medicinal value.

I grabbed this excerpt from the following link:

"Many vitamins, minerals and other nutrients and substances are available in ACV to improve the health of your dog. ACV can provide them with enzymes and important minerals, such as potassium, calcium, magnesium, sulfur, chlorine, phosphorus, iron, silicon and other trace minerals. The vitamins contained in ACV are bioflavonoids (vitamin P), beta-carotene (precursor to vitamin A), vitamin C, E, B1, B2, and B6. Tannins from the crushed cell walls of fresh apples as well as malic acid, tartaric acid, propionic acid, acetic acid and pectin (fiber) are also contained in ACV. Be sure to purchase organic unfiltered, unpasteurized, naturally fermented ACV for its medicinal features. ACV ranges in color from a light golden to orange. You’ll know you’ve found the right stuff if you see sediment, referred to as the "mother of vinegar" on the bottom of the bottle. Do NOT buy white distilled vinegar, as it has none of the beneficial elements listed above."

Bragg Live Foods, Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar, Bragg Liquid Aminos,Systemic Enzymes, Bragg Live Organic Food Products, Patricia Bragg, Paul Bragg, Bragg Organic Olive Oil, Bragg Salad Dressings, Bragg Seasonings, Bragg Health Products

Does this about sum it up?

Just Me

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2010
sitting here in the UK ... PLEASE enlighten me ... WHAT IS ACV & "Mothers" & Braggs ???? ... You gotta remember we're "old School" here in the UK .. an Indigestion Remedy fer us is standing in the shower with the spray head on MEGA HOT pointed at the middle of our chest fer 20 Minutes or so .. now THAT DOES WORK !!! ..... Yer Chest Hair looks like it should have grown somewhere else on yer body mind (all short & Curly like!!!!LOL!!!)

ACV is apple cider vinegar. The best health benefits are from brands that are raw, unpasteurized and unfiltered. The "mother" is the sediment in the bottom that is, according to the bottle, "strand-like chains of protein enzyme molecules". Bragg is one brand name; there are others. Bragg is the only one I know of around my neck of the woods and the only one I have ever tried.

I drink a teaspoon stirred into about 4 ounces of water every morning. Helps the digestion, alkalizes the body, yum, I love it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread