Not open for further replies.

Lightgeoduck

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2009
jp(APO)Camp Z us
Give it a shot at 6v. It just gets better.

I vaped it all night last night at 7.4v (really 8.2v on fresh batteries) making sure to top it off a couple of times, and it was very, very nice. All it took was a real quick hit on the button to produce a lot of vapor, and unlike the 510 at that voltage, the flavor was still good. I wouldn't advise holding the button down more than a second at this voltage, because it gets hot so fast, but you really don't need to.

I'm going to try doing this on the same cartomizer until I am stupid and don't refill it enough that it tastes burned, or until I really kill it with the voltage. So far I've been using this same carto for a week, and it is still going strong.
yes but just recently at hv right?

I understand what you mean... but I do my 510 at 6v and flavor is still good but thats subjective I guess....

so if you are taking 1sec hits (which I would think is a pain by the by) and you don't mind that... and the constant topping off.... then I would suggest getting either a 901/501 dummy cart shave a bit and use that and replace the white cap, or an 801 dummy and stick it over the tube housing with out cap as well. this way it's easier to refill ( I can't remember if it was suggested already or don't know if you are already doing it)

I still think its best to leave the cartos at either 3.7v(mostly) or the 5v pt

The only reason is to experience the true benefit of cartomizers...because once you do changes like the using a whistle tip, HV and topping off extra times, or .5 to 1sec hits off and on it sort of defeats the true cartomizer experience (unless you don't mind turning it into a pseudo3pc)

it's just my opinion of course...and I am only making suggestions...besides... what do I know :p

AngusATAT

Captain Tightpants
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2009
GA, USA
Hehe.

I'm not only taking 1 second hits just because of the heat, I'm doing it because one second is enough! :lol: Seriously, a quick tap of the button and a short inhale, and the cartomizer pumps a perfect amount of vapor into me. The vapor I get is different than the 510. My 510 gives me a lot of heavy, wet vapor. The carto gives me a lot of light, drier, and more flavorful vapor. That tells me that it isn't going through the juice as fast as my 510, as well. I topped off about once an hour, and still didn't come close to drying out the carto.

For refilling (since I don't have a 901 tip yet), I just take out the o-ring. I can easily pop off the cap with a fingernail, so that's not an issue. I'll try using a blank 510 cart tonight, but they fit a little loosely, imo.

And all of this is just my personal opinion, of course. It's probably not for everyone, but it works well for me. I'll need to get some other batteries to try it out at 6v, and I'll also need to get a 5v mod to try it out on, too. But for now, 7.4v works just fine for me. I'm actually surprised my carto held up under that voltage, to be honest. If the cartos last me 3 or 4 days, I call that a win.

Modterrik

ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2009
Denver, CO, USA
Angus,

you've been using that carto for a week and I'm dying to know if it's burned. When you get done with it, could you pull out the atomizer, unwind the battingand wick and see if you have any scorch marks? Every carto I've pulled apart this way has burn marks or outright holes burnt through. I have a feeling it has to do with the way the wire is set up in the wick and that we are all vaping more than just the juice.

Birdy

ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2009
Houston
When I had those couple of blanks I'd been using on the PT burn up I freaked and pulled apart 7 other cartos. None of them were burned, even though I'd been using them for weeks and they had each been refilled many many times.

The burned ones were all blanks and all used on the PT. All the non-burned ones originally came pre-filled and if I used them on the PT it was only a time or two (I got the blanks and PT at the same time).

I've been using the batteries and prefilled cartos again and haven't had the issue again. Pulled apart the carto I've been using exclusively for the last week, all day every day, and it wasn't burnt at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread