TX Lawmakers Vote To Ban E-cigarette Sales To Minors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
I was born here. You are speaking of the "blue law". I never cared for that law. I thought everyone had those laws, until I went up north on vacation. I was shocked they sold any day of the week. (early 80's) Eventually things changed here. We might be odd to some people. But one thing about it, we used to have more freedom than many other places in the USA. Now that is changing, and not for the better, in many things. This vaping legislation is going to be pretty mainstream, unless people throw a fit. We have to fight it tooth and nail. Part of the problem is the people that are elected to represent us. You have to vote for people who believe in freedom. The ones who might do better in an elected position, do not have the financial backing, to win an election. But that backing comes with a price. Politicians need to be held accountable. If they aren't doing their job right, replace them the very next election.

KattMamma

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2015
DFW Area, Texas
yeah the blue laws have softened up now - still can't buy hard liquor on sunday tho.

when my daughter was a baby we traveled to see family and she got her socks wet. I went into a grocery store and found some baby socks, which they refused to sell to me because it was sunday. I threw a wall-eyed fit, but they wouldn't budge. Stupid.

hoogie76

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2009
Charlotte, NC
This new law is for eliquid only ? And how does USPS (or the gov't for that matter) know that I bought eliquid? I mean, does the on line site have to disclose what they are shipping? Most of the packages I receive are just initials (MVS, MFS, etc...) I have all my on line orders delivered to work. Whether vape related or not. I don't trust my mail carrier.. to often I get other peeps mail, so I figure they get mine too.

For the most part they don't know what you receive.

What will happen eventually is that the state AG or tasked law enforcement department will subpoena sales records from online stores. They won't prosecute you, they'll prosecute the online stores for selling to you if they aren't compliant. Fines are steep and most places won't stay in business if they get caught.

Easiest thing for an online store to do is either comply(costly programming changes, reporting, legal expenses) or stop selling to the states with the tougher requirements.

The sad part is that there are so many online websites that aren't even looking at these laws and eventually all online sales will be killed because of the high amount of unverified sales that the uninformed will continue to do until they are caught.

The 'Check here if you're 18' or 'I agree that I am of legal age in my State' check boxes are not compliant age verification methods with most all of the states that currently require online age verification.

hoog

Reactions: kkay59

kkay59

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2014
So it looks like to me, samples in brick and mortar stores might be out as well. I can't tell if that means under 18 exclusively on that. I think it means no sampling, before you buy. But I could be wrong on that. These people make my blood boil. They need to come up with an adult consumer, what does this law mean for me check list. It is a shame some pro vaper could not have done it before hand. I seriously doubt if the governor will refuse to sign this. If he does, it will be one huge leap for freedom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread