ughhh burnt throat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
Aug 13, 2016
Georgian Bay, Ontario
so I just finished painting hubby's dripbox 60... great.. load it up with some juice he's be wanting to try.. it was disgusting, didn't know juice could take on a stagnant taste.. so I clean it and change the cotton, switch to a juice I semi like and prep it. so I'm vaping on it a bit to make sure it's all set up for him and set it aside. I didn't think about it when I put it next to mine, and since they're both textured... I grabbed his, squeezed it lightly, and got a nice large throat burning dry hit... I'm so used to the transformer and the lighter squeeze.. UGHHHHHH! that's my dum dum for today. never thought about how much harder you have to squeeze for those, I've not used the rda that came with it for a few weeks now.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    Thats where the TC in the Wraith and others come in handy.

When the vapor production takes a nosedive I'm not sure if I'm just hitting on it lighter or if the wick is dry. As a beginner I usually look down the drip tip and check how 'damp' or 'wet' the wick appears. Then getting just the right amount of 'squonk' so the wick is wet but no left over juice is running around on the deck is my next challenge. (when I start getting juice in my mouth I KNOW I've over down it!)

With Ti-01 TC I don't get dry hits, I just get "lame hits". LOL.

I think my Dripbox2 will be here tomorrow and the CV will be here Friday. :)

Reactions: ThaFuzz

Joergl100

Oct 15, 2016
    Germany, Lake Constance
    Get well....... happens...
    empathy2.gif

Cheallaigh

Ultra Member
    Aug 13, 2016
    Georgian Bay, Ontario
    Thats where the TC in the Wraith and others come in handy.

When the vapor production takes a nosedive I'm not sure if I'm just hitting on it lighter or if the wick is dry. As a beginner I usually look down the drip tip and check how 'damp' or 'wet' the wick appears. Then getting just the right amount of 'squonk' so the wick is wet but no left over juice is running around on the deck is my next challenge. (when I start getting juice in my mouth I KNOW I've over down it!)

With Ti-01 TC I don't get dry hits, I just get "lame hits". LOL.

I think my Dripbox2 will be here tomorrow and the CV will be here Friday. :)

i've picked up the dripbox 160w(i wanted a dual battery mod) since at a vape show we went to on the 20th, normally i just buy things in pairs, but i didn't buy him one this time since i didn't think he was actually interested... before we left the show he was buying himself one and tried to get the same RDA i use... but oops i had bought the only one at the show lmao. being a nice wife i actually got 2 more of the RDAs since, so now we have 4 of them. i think he's happier with them.

the main issue is the dripbox subdrippers, require a lot more of a squeeze to get the juice to the coils, as tey don't fill from the middle. they flood the coils from the sides and all those little holes. the transformer ones are a straight thru the middle squeeze and so less pressure is required. that's how i burnt my throat, i wasn't squeezing hard enough with his, one of these days he's going to start doing his own setups... yeah right hehehehe.

GeorgeS

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • May 31, 2015
    Oregon, USA
    i've picked up the dripbox 160w(i wanted a dual battery mod) since at a vape show we went to on the 20th, normally i just buy things in pairs, but i didn't buy him one this time since i didn't think he was actually interested... before we left the show he was buying himself one and tried to get the same RDA i use... but oops i had bought the only one at the show lmao. being a nice wife i actually got 2 more of the RDAs since, so now we have 4 of them. i think he's happier with them.

the main issue is the dripbox subdrippers, require a lot more of a squeeze to get the juice to the coils, as tey don't fill from the middle. they flood the coils from the sides and all those little holes. the transformer ones are a straight thru the middle squeeze and so less pressure is required. that's how i burnt my throat, i wasn't squeezing hard enough with his, one of these days he's going to start doing his own setups... yeah right hehehehe.

I steered clear of the RDA that came with my dripbox because it appeared that WAY to much juice could get trapped in it that was not wick. Interesting that they went with a unique multiple little holes on the sides however it appears that the replaceable deck was a more important design decision for them rather than a simple fill/drain.

While the TC regulated mods help avoid running out of juice, each mods (juice AND RDA) own amount of "squeeze" required is a bit to get used to.

I'm liking the Aspire quad flex more and more as the top airflow option helps with the over squonking.

Reactions: Cheallaigh
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread