Status
Not open for further replies.

rustylug

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2008
Aberdeen, Scotland
www.bebo.com
Damm ...I didnt know the forum was back on line .... Anyway ...Yes it is my stall that has been pulled over the sale of nicotiene .... I have nothing to hide from T/S and if what they say needs to be done then every other small person trading in electronic cigarettes will have to do the same.... I was selling in full view to anyone who passed, i also feel a gave the best addvice baised on what i know about ecigs .... Even in my last video i did i made a CLEAR POINT that NICOTIENE is a POISON and in my video i addvised people to keep it away from small children and pets.... We have however been told that we can carry on selling the ecig providing we change the labbels and for the time being sell it with ZERO nic carts ....I may be a small seller but i still and will adhere to the rules .... Like Jason has already said "better to be safe than sorry" ....He has long arms, and they even extend all the way up here...I just feel bad about the trouble it has caused you Jason ....But as you said it had to come one day ...Which we all knew....Just seems that your the only person that can sort this out ....So with that i wish you all the best mate i realy do .....And lets hope we can have are e-cigs back soon ;)

Last edited:

pillbox38

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
The American site is still live and fully functioning, everything is available from there...To compensate for the UK sites woes we have dropped shipping to just $6.99 for as many items as you like, regardless if its 10 or 100, Australia or Iceland.

An American base is a good outlet at present....

Totally Wicked e-liquid-Premier Electronic Cigarette fluid

rustylug

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2008
Aberdeen, Scotland
www.bebo.com
Here is the link to the front page in the Inverness edition

Nicotine danger for children - Press & Journal

Incidently .... We sold a few kits today because of the story on the radio about us only being allowed "for the time being" to sell the kits with ZERO nic carts ..... Seem's some people prefer the ZERO nic carts .... That's intersting.

deewal

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2008
In a house.
Dear me, he's done it again. What i don't understand is that he seems to be quite proud that he's put us in The Line of Fire. Then again he has nothing to lose 'cause as he say's in his last post

I just feel bad about the trouble it has caused you Jason
Just seems that your the only person that can sort this out ....So with that i wish you all the best mate i realy do .....And lets hope we can have are e-cigs back soon ;-)

Now we get
Seem's some people prefer the ZERO nic carts .... That's intersting.

How many times does it has to be said that seller's should not make the mistake of calling this a "stop smoking device" as this market is owned and licenced by the Pharmaecutical Industry or don't you read any of the posts on this forum about Legality?

If you flout it in their faces they'll be down on you like a ton of bricks (I have this from "the horse's mouth" so to speak- the Highlands is a Village and i know personally people who work in the TS Department)

Thanks for the trouble you've caused and are continuing to cause.

rustylug

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2008
Aberdeen, Scotland
www.bebo.com
deewal ..... If your such good friends with Mr T/Standards then you will know that i have never said its a stop smoking device .... You should also know that the problem is with the carts and not the way im selling the product.... If your so close to Inverness then make the effort to come to my stall and see for your self..... You will also know that the press have picked up on it as a stop smoking device prob becase they have read page 9 of the manual .... OR mabey they have look on this forum and seen that people are using the e-cig to help stop smoking !!!!!!

TropicalBob

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2008
Port Charlotte, FL USA
A big problem with the press -- that was my work for my entire career -- is that the proportion of smokers among reporters is heavier than in the general populations. Pressure and deadlines turned journalists to cigarettes for their calming and invigorating effects. Now along comes this new thing called electronic smoking. A smoker-reporter will look at an e-cig and ask:

Why would any smoker prefer to suck on a metal tube from China, blowing out pretend smoke that's really water vapor, unless ... he or she wants to quit smoking? Someone who has never tried e-smoking, or even tries it once in a mall, is not going to understand the attractions. Only someone desperate, for health reasons, most likely, would prefer a pretend toy to a real cigarette.

That's the reasoning of the uninitiated. It will continue. And, of course, look on this forum at the number of people who "quit smoking" with e-cigs. That's the obvious reason these sell at all, to many minds. Expect more such stories.

trog100

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 23, 2008
UK
only low lives smoke in the UK bob.. the practise really has been demonized beyond belief.. to be seen smoking in public in the UK is a social stigma.. the middle classes gave it up long ago..

being a smoker aint quite like being a leper but it aint far off.. the pressures not to do it are far greater than in the US.. its also very expensive..

as for UK trading standards people.. they spend every saturday afternoon looking for dodgy dvds on market stalls.. rusty aint quite a market stall but he still fell foul of them.. it had to happen..

e cigs have been openly on sale in the gadget shop in hull for months.. just another gadget on the shelves..

these people should change their name to market trading standards cos thats the league they are in.. looking for fake dvds on saturday afternoons on market stalls.. they probably dont even have a bloody computer which is why they never see internet sales of exactly the same product in vast numbers..

trog

Shamus101

Nov 30, 2008
Bristol, UK
There is a new initiative to help people stop smoking by highlighting it social irresponsibility.

Smokers will have to obtain a license to smoke, cost to be circa £50, with a passport sized photo and accompanying 50 page form.

They will then have to wear an armband showing the smokers logo at all times when in public.

They may be legaly denied healthcare, and discriminated against due to their smoking beliefs. They will also not be allowed to adopt, their children may be taken away from them, and may be forcibly sent to correctional camps where they will be forcibly re-educated.

They may also be required to carry an eight foot stick with a bell on it which they have to shake vigorously and shout unclean whenever they approach pure non smokers.

Think it all sounds ridiculous... here in the uk there has allready been talk about a smoking license, people have been fired for smoking (on their break away from company premises), and social services are examining whether smoking around children constitutes child abuse, also some doctors are talking about refusing to treat patients who have smoking related illnesses.

Brave new world here we come.

Rant over...:mad:

Last edited:

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
Think it all sounds ridiculous...
No, it does not. I do remeber a controversial piece of news I heard towards the end of Communism in my country. It was about a man denied operation. He was a cardiac patient, heavy smoker, and other non-smoking patients were given the chance to jump the queue in front of him until he died. It happened in the UK.

slianfoxob

ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2008
Bethlehem, PA
No, it does not. I do remeber a controversial piece of news I heard towards the end of Communism in my country. It was about a man denied operation. He was a cardiac patient, heavy smoker, and other non-smoking patients were given the chance to jump the queue in front of him until he died. It happened in the UK.

i absolutely love when people use this argument about organ donation. "why should an alcoholic get a new liver before someone that's never had a drink?" why? because they, too, are a human being and desire a chance at life. some of this anti's make me cringe.

i actually had someone tell me they'd rather see a serial killer get a new liver before an alcoholic. yikes.

everyone makes mistakes in their lives. and some of us just make bad decisions but that doesn't mean we're any less worthy of life.

Foxy

Bertrand

ECF Veteran
Oct 27, 2008
slian: you need to triage patients based on need if there is a shortage of resources. One category of patient is "too far gone". Ie. there is no point in wasting resources on them. Smokers and alcoholics fall into this category with regard to organ transplants - they are just going to screw up the new organs as they did the last ones. They also have more complications in surgery (although I believe alcoholics do have a lower rejection rate). If there were unlimited organs, it would be different.

You might not see things in these terms if you were the one getting rejected. I know that nowdays people exploit poorer countries to get hold of organs. I'm not sure that I personally would make this decision, though it would be a tough one.

Weegie Burd

ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
Glasgow, Scotland
deewal ..... If your such good friends with Mr T/Standards then you will know that i have never said its a stop smoking device .... You should also know that the problem is with the carts and not the way im selling the product.... If your so close to Inverness then make the effort to come to my stall and see for your self..... You will also know that the press have picked up on it as a stop smoking device prob becase they have read page 9 of the manual .... OR mabey they have look on this forum and seen that people are using the e-cig to help stop smoking !!!!!!

Hey Rusty, it was fab to meet you today. :)

For any of the doubters out there, you know who you are , I turned up at Rusty's stall whilst he was explaining the e-cig to a group of young guys who were interested in it - they seemed quite taken by it, hopefully they'll be making a purchase soon. :)

Anyway, Rusty didn't know me from Adam, so I just looked like another curious buyer, so it was easy for me to listen in to the information he was giving.

At no point did he refer to e-smoking as an NRT. He actually mentioned that he still has a couple of fags in the morning with his coffee etc and that he didn't actually advise people to look at it as a miracle 'give up smoking' device (or words to that effect lol).

He not only advised [potential] customers of the TS report right from the start, explaining why he could only sell starter kits with 0 Nic carts at the moment and what was being done to rectify this (i.e. child-proof carts), he also had a copy of the TS report in full view for all to read.

He also gave a demonstration of vaping his own e-cig, and had a sign inviting people to have a trial if they wanted.

Best of all; he wasn't being pushy and using the 'sales patter' to force this on anyone. He gave his information and allowed people to walk away, if need be, and decide for themselves if they wanted to later buy it or not.

Not at all like the Del Boy image some would like to paint of Rusty, the dodgy market stall seller trading from the back of a suitcase etc. :p

I did feel quite bad listening in without him knowing who I was. It was as though I was almost spying on him (I'd never get a job in Trading Standards lol) but it was just by chance that I arrived as he was talking to those young guys and I could hardly .... in and tell him who I was. ;)

Rusty, it's great to see the e-cig being showcased in the public domain, and not just reserved for us luckily enough to have found this online community. You did us all proud. :)

p.s. don't be surprised if you get another visit from my Mum soon, she has her eye on one of the dream catchers you sell - will she be entitled to a 'mates rates' discount (j/k)? :D

A'ra best

Lou x

ETA: We were only there for a few minutes but it was great to see the amount of interest, in the e-cig, there was in that short time. It looks like the Press report has done us all a favour. ;-)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread