underestimated the steeping

Discussion in 'Virgin Vapor' started by erazzz, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erazzz

erazzz Super Member ECF Veteran

So I bought buttercream mint as one of my first flavors. Did not like it. Really bland and flavorless, no mint flavor, just a slight sweetness to it.

So I put it away for awhile, shook it everyday for two weeks, lots of time uncapped. But I figured it was a lost cause. If I didn't remotely like it out of the box, I didn't think it would really change after steeping.

Picked it up today thinking "eh, why not" filled my tank a little, gave it a go. WOW! Nothing like it was out of the box! I taste the butter, the cream, the mint, taste just like the candies!!!! After a few puffs I filled up my tank all the way, this one is a winner!

Lesson learned, steep, steep, STEEP!! Any other flavors that require lots of steeping?

2. Bramble

Bramble Super Member ECF Veteran

This was my experience with MBV juices. Well worth the wait IMO :D

3. Elizabeth Baldwin

Elizabeth Baldwin Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Steeping can really surprise you! :)

4. Angiebubs

Angiebubs Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

My VVs that I steep: Kona Coffee Milkshake, Strawberry Granita, Creme Caramel, Bella Amaretto

5. Angiebubs

So I had someone on another forum ask why I uncapped e liquid to steep, saying that after 12 hours e liquids would start to lose their flavor? Has anyone else heard this? (I usually do it just overnight but have left them as long as 24 hours)

6. Gjuice73

Gjuice73 Full Member

I have read/heard that too and that they will loose their nicotine strength too if uncapped for more than 12-24 hrs. Not sure if it's all true, but it makes sense and I can see it happening.

7. MPage

MPage Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have never heard that uncapping can cause flavor or nicotine loss- both are part of the liquid.

8. LouP

LouP Super Member ECF Veteran

For me, Death By Chocolate, Hazelnut and Kona Velvet must be well steeped then, WOW!

9. erazzz

erazzz Super Member ECF Veteran

I don't think nicotine evaporates at room temp like alcohol does. At least, to my knowledge.

I leave mine uncapped for 12-16hours. The Buttercream mint I find very alcoholy and sometimes have to leave it uncapped overnight for 2 days to really get it all out. I find no flavor loss, only a ton of gains after I steeped it!

Bought Vanilla Blackberry Swirl and Buttercream mint again today at the B&M. Going to let both air out tonight and then steep them for the next 2 weeks. I was tempted to try Strawberry Granita or Strawberry Shortcake, might go back for those after I read the reviews on the site.

10. Angiebubs

Strawberry Granita is to die for....but for me this is only true after a couple weeks of steeping. The flavor develops and comes out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.