Underrated MTL atty

Status
Not open for further replies.

300fury

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2013
Rochester mn usa
Taifun gs, the little half cousin of the gt. This tall skinny fella is a great vape. 0 leaking, 0 gurgling, respectable vapor for a restricted draw. I would give up my kayfun v4 in a heartbeat for another. Small capacity, but stupid easy to fill. Does have a plastic tank but..... Who cares we all have glass for tank crackers. For the MTL crowd I believe it is a must have. Flavor is fantastical!! Taifun gs 4 life!!!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Kayfuns of various types have satisfied my vaping need for rebuildables for a long time. the 3.1 is my goto tank. Lite Plus V2 is good, but the bottom fill doesn't fit even the narrow tip bottles, so you need a needle tip bottle. V4 has good flavor and way too many parts, but once you learn how it comes apart and goes together it's a snap.

Squape is a good option. I like the (R)eloaded version best because it has adjustable air flow.

Orchid isn't bad ... the versions are pretty much just different juice capacities.

Reactions: BuGlen

300fury

ECF Veteran
Apr 6, 2013
Rochester mn usa
This thread is worthless without pictures, imho.

What would you like a picture of? The builds are pretty straight forward... With the exception of the mesh feeder straws in the gs. Look up a video on it if you are interested ..... Or just post worthless comments ... Your choice, have a nice day

Reactions: jmarkus

h00ligan

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2015
London, UK
I have multiple taifuns. Unfortunately its hard to find authentics these days, though.

If you like taifun, try the Flash E-vapor :)

Is it difficult to find authentic's? Because smoker store is a pain ? I'm just about to sell my GT2 kit which is huge and I was selling it for pretty cheap price - under half retail. I love it but I just don't use it too much now. If they're that hard to come by these days maybe I shouldn't ? I just offered the kit for s kayfun v5 - a trade they declined. I have enough parts to build a second and third with two base purchases. So maybe it's better to hang in. The one thing is. - the deck screws are soft metal. And the maintenance kit is expensive for what it is. I'm trying to figure out sizes and where to source some stainless screws to replace theirs. If their stuff is getting hard to get I guess I better buy another parts kit now while I can.

The gp spheroid v4 is super small and very flavorful. I pour juice from a bottle directly in. Heron v2 is almost as good but bigger with more finicky wicking.

If you like truly small and boutique you should check out the gp piccoloid combo which is a tiny paps 14500 mod and the spheroid. The spheroid couldn't be easier to Build or Fill and the flavor is phenomenal. The not expensive and the craftsmanship is above all. The all
Metal setup is great or there's a new ultem tank option.

The spheroid / piccoloid stuff is certainly tied for top spot IV everything I own. Open tank. Pour from Any bottle.

Google @qorax spheroid videos. Standard build takes me under a min. Even carrying two extra 14 500 batteries it's still a superlight tiny set up

I really can't say enough good about this little tiny flavor master.

The mark
Bugs gem Is super easy to Fill And build providing you don't use super thick juice. It's very flavorful. Bt it's a lot If Money. And the v2 internal
Air changes are for the worse so You'd have to
Find a v1 used or Titanium Limited. For best flavor.

Here are some Images for size comparison of the piccoloid 14500 batteries are about the size of aaa

Sorry for the long post. You hit my exact wheelhouse. Tiny. Easy to
Build. Super flavorful. That's everything I love. If you like to be able to
Just pour from any bottle into a tank. And you like flavor beasts. GP stuff is probably the best out there. The spheroid makes amazing flavor that's very dense and voluminous. The ease of build and fill are even better. And you can use fluff if you fly to avoid leaking. Or if you want to make it even easier or change the flavor
Profile or throat hit properties. If you have any questions about soecific flavor chaser setups let me know. I own a lot of them at this point and have tried most of what I don't own. I'm not s fan of the squape. It's not small. It doesn't work well for temp control. And he flavor didn't really blow me away. Plus it's expensive. I'd chose the mark bugs gems over he squape stuff. The gem has w much smaller chamber area. I use a gem wae2 in 500 mode combo for a small out and about. But it's still a lot bigger than the gp stuff. The gem wae combo is the best looking I think. Go customer support is miles ahead of mark bugs or most others. It's a long story but they bent over backwards to make a situation in which I was having weird issues , much better. Including paying shipping both ways for a replacement product and allowing me to change tube size at the same time.

Piccoloid in hand
af074a7f5608750eac2a5f077f35b652.jpg

Size comparison
e7c86da718f683cab76d3215dfc0e5d7.jpg

Gem deck and gem wae combined next to
Piccoloid. And the gem wae combo is quite small comparatively.
a15be62ac9164fec5a703e1ed47e380c.jpg

4267b29919e6bb1b361538ca7f34c27b.jpg

Taifun with Steamcrave tank on boxer - it's big but super easy to fill.
b40dc9c8eb4ffc27f684afce351f5595.jpg

To me the bottom line is. If you want a very small device. The gp spheroid is the way to go. All this said if you are a direct ling hitter not a real flavor chaser (mtl) none of the tanks I mentioned except heron would work at all well.

If you want a daily device that is all but invisible the piccoloid combo along with 3 aw 14500 batteries and a tiny two 14500 holder gives you 3.5 ml of vape and is more than enough for most in a standard day. Builds should be around. One ohm. 6 wraps of 29 gauge is an amazing cake in the spheroid. And again. Build takes under one min.

0ccc2ebc422109b81bb1dde35499cd00.jpg

I've heard very good things about he new by-KA tank that's built to spec and can be configured with short tank and such. Costs around $100

If budget is super tight an Istick pico with some clone would work. Maybe a cloud one clone. Bt the fill isn't that easy. The Istick pico for he money is amazing - it's tiny for a full 18650 mod.

Here it is with authentic cloud one v2.

9a6b8d04a3cb7cc3b5ca3dcc9baec3f0.jpg

This is insanely long and disorganized and I'm sorry. Maybe budget and juice capacity requirements along with any other criteria could limit the xhoice. Bright now there are Just so many options.

Last edited:

King_Louie

Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
Southern California
The gp spheroid v4 is super small and very flavorful. I pour juice from a bottle directly in. Heron v2 is almost as good but bigger with more finicky wicking.

If you like truly small and boutique you should check out the gp piccoloid combo which is a tiny paps 14500 mod and the spheroid. The spheroid couldn't be easier to Build or Fill and the flavor is phenomenal. The not expensive and the craftsmanship is above all. The all
Metal setup is great or there's a new ultem tank option.

The spheroid / piccoloid stuff is certainly tied for top spot IV everything I own. Open tank. Pour from Any bottle.

Sorry for the long post. You hit my exact wheelhouse. Tiny. Easy to
Build. Super flavorful. That's everything I love. If you like to be able to
Just pour from any bottle into a tank. And you like flavor beasts. GP stuff is probably the best out there. The spheroid makes amazing flavor that's very dense and voluminous. The ease of build and fill are even better. And you can use fluff if you fly to avoid leaking. Or if you want to make it even easier or change the flavor
Profile or throat hit properties. If you have any questions about soecific flavor chaser setups let me know. I own a lot of them at this point and have tried most of what I don't own. I'm not s fan of the squape. It's not small. It doesn't work well for temp control. And he flavor didn't really blow me away. Plus it's expensive. I'd chose the mark bugs gems over he squape stuff. The gem has w much smaller chamber area. I use a gem wae2 in 500 mode combo for a small out and about. But it's still a lot bigger than the gp stuff. The gem wae combo is the best looking I think. Go customer support is miles ahead of mark bugs or most others. It's a long story but they bent over backwards to make a situation in which I was having weird issues , much better. Including paying shipping both ways for a replacement product and allowing me to change tube size at the same time.

Piccoloid in hand

If you want a daily device that is all but invisible the piccoloid combo along with 3 aw 14500 batteries and a tiny two 14500 holder gives you 3.5 ml of vape and is more than enough for most in a standard day. Builds should be around. One ohm. 6 wraps of 29 gauge is an amazing cake in the spheroid. And again. Build takes under one min.

0ccc2ebc422109b81bb1dde35499cd00.jpg

I've heard very good things about he new by-KA tank that's built to spec and can be configured with short tank and such. Costs around $100

Wow my friend- beautiful collection. You have many devices i hope to get. As it stands now- i have a piccolo v4 and a spheroid v3. I am new to this forum, i was hoping to sell my spheroid v3 soon and get a v4. I also have a hurricane RTA, the spheroid looks like a simpler, smaller and most likely better version of it. I am jealous, yours looks amazing.

Can you explain what you mean about the "new by-KA tank"? i tried to google what you mean but i cannot find it. If it is up the same alley as the other devices youve shown, i would be interested.

Also- last thing. I have always wanted a GEM tank, but its hard to find a v1 or titanium. So, in the meantime, i have purchased a Squape R(s) off of a friend on another forum. I have high hopes for it, because the deck looks almost identical to the gem. replaceable, too. The only let-down is that it is not top-fill, but if it is great i can work around it.

Cheers to ya!

chia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2014
Red Dot
Wow my friend- beautiful collection. You have many devices i hope to get. As it stands now- i have a piccolo v4 and a spheroid v3. I am new to this forum, i was hoping to sell my spheroid v3 soon and get a v4. I also have a hurricane RTA, the spheroid looks like a simpler, smaller and most likely better version of it. I am jealous, yours looks amazing.

Can you explain what you mean about the "new by-KA tank"? i tried to google what you mean but i cannot find it. If it is up the same alley as the other devices youve shown, i would be interested.

Also- last thing. I have always wanted a GEM tank, but its hard to find a v1 or titanium. So, in the meantime, i have purchased a Squape R(s) off of a friend on another forum. I have high hopes for it, because the deck looks almost identical to the gem. replaceable, too. The only let-down is that it is not top-fill, but if it is great i can work around it.

Cheers to ya!
Go down pg 2 or so.. There's a thread on the 'by-ka' atty.. Or try Vape System search on FB or Google..
Very nice modular and highly customizable design ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread