Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Hey everyone,

I do not drink often, but I enjoy a drink maybe twice a month. I vape Vanilla Custards almost exclusively.

I have began to notice that when I drink, these VC juices all begin to taste completely different, and not in a good way. It almost tastes like they spoil and become like sour milk.

It's so strange! It last for about 3-4 hours after I finish whatever drink I'm having that night. I absolutely cannot vape a VC during that time because it makes me want to gag. But then it's completely normal amazing after. It happens with all of my DIY custards, as well as Nicotickets CLS and ACB.

It's because of this I always make sure to have a fruit vape if I'm going out to drink because those taste totally fine!

I'm curious, does anyone else experience this? Am I the only one? Does anyone might have any idea what is causing this? I'm interested to know.

I'd love to hear what you think.

Vape Happy,
Cullin Kin

Reactions: ReigntheGamer

UncleChuck

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
Portland
I usually vape fruit flavors but am a big fan of Alloy Blends' Blonde (which is a vanilla custard) and it tastes wonderful to me while drinking certain beers (Southern Tier's Creme Brulee Stout and Oakshire Brewing's Espresso Stout to name a couple) but it definitely tastes off if drinking more estery ales and what not.

Maybe you just aren't pairing the custards with the right drink? I'm not sure what beer, wine, and mixed drinks you usually enjoy but it's possible everything you drink is just too estery or acidic to taste good with custards. While fruit usually goes good with custard it seems the custard brings out the funkiness of the esters in a bad way, sounds similar to what you are describing.

I'm not sure if wine will go good with custards but I'd assume something like a Riesling would be the best bet, for beers I'd suggest stouts, porters, dopplebocks, or brown ales. White Russians, Pina coladas, something with bourbon or scotch might be good for mixed drinks?

Hopefully you find something you like!

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Thanks for the responses everyone.

See the thing is though, I'm a beer enthusiast and love my stouts, porters, IPA's, pilsners, wheats, etc. but I also enjoy regular margaritas, vodka and cranberry, dessert drinks, a variety of drinks. Every single one does this to me. And it's not just while I'm drinking the drink, it's up to 4 hours after the drink is gone.

It's almost as if the alcohol is changing something in the biology and chemistry of taste for me.

It literally turns from a delicious creamy custard, and the second I take even a small sip, it goes to Vaping sour milk. Then 3-4 hours later it will be delicious again. It's so strange. lol

LeftofCenter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 17, 2014
Front Royal, VA, USA
Everyone is different when it comes to vaping and alcohol I have found. I had trouble finding something that didn't compete with the flavor of whatever I am drinking. I don't vape tobacco flavors at all and fruits didn't work for me in the slightest. Custards and creams are the only thing that does work for me when I am drinking.

Johntodd

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2011
USA
Right now I'm sipping Whiskey and Coke ... my DIY tobacco was tasting funky and so I switched to a menthol blend which is tasting great. My DIY tobacco is ordinarily something I immensely enjoy.

So, I see what you mean. The booze is affecting the sense of taste somehow.

And I'm not ordinarily a menthol fan ... it's OK, but ... it tastes great right now. Perhaps one needs complimentary flavors when drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread