Vapaholics Anonymous - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

orlan johnson

Moved On
Apr 25, 2012
seattle
Yeah 1 yetistyle set 3 different ego sets 1 lavatube then brok down and got 2 v2 varis bdv tanks ouch dct tanks and like 100 different carts and attys $_$ and then dont get me started on juice. We like ry4 from Highbrow its our daily the bobas and gorillajuice is ok I madea mistake on our first order from ec blends ordered all 36Mg lol didnt need a cig or a vape for days after that lol madvapes juice sucked. Got stuff from bmv and digital honeybeez comming. Vapemail! If you guys can reccomned a good vendor or a good juice id be happy to hear. But hlpefully bmv sampler will turn up a daily for us cause 30$ for 180mil is cheep cheep cheep.

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Nice! I like this thread. me and the wife been vapin bout 50/60 days and I really like vape mail! But its sad that in that time our cash grew wings like an eagle and flew away on vapin stuff lol. Im starting to think that vaping is costly. But its still better then cigs!

Hi Orlan (and wife!) - Welcome to the group! You're right about vaping being better than cigs - our cash my fly away, but our health isn't - worth every penny!

Hi Orlan and welcome to the thread! I've been vaping about the same amount of time you have, and from what I've read on the forum over the past couple of months, everyone goes through the GAP (gear acquisition phase). Once you find a setup that suits you, you should be able to recover the initial costs fairly quickly considering the rising costs of cigarettes.

In any case, it's good to have you here! :smokie:

I guess I'll have to give up my new nickname now and stop boinging all over the place. :D

Ha! GAP is right! I've spent more money than I care to think about on vaping, most of it in a 4 week period of time. It does seem to settle down - I've discovered what works best for me (VV and a Reo), and I have a wide variety of juices, atties, cartos, stardusts, tanks, etc., so I can satisfy just about any craving I have. Some people find one thing they like & stick with it, I apparently like to have a wide variety lol

UGH...can't post my pretties!!!!:evil:

I saw them on Tapatalk!!! They're GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!
****yes, you can see all of the missing photos on tapatalk - for whatever reason they're viewable in that format, but not on the website proper***

Yeah 1 yetistyle set 3 different ego sets 1 lavatube then brok down and got 2 v2 varis bdv tanks ouch dct tanks and like 100 different carts and attys $_$ and then dont get me started on juice. We like ry4 from Highbrow its our daily the bobas and gorillajuice is ok I madea mistake on our first order from ec blends ordered all 36Mg lol didnt need a cig or a vape for days after that lol madvapes juice sucked. Got stuff from bmv and digital honeybeez comming. Vapemail! If you guys can reccomned a good vendor or a good juice id be happy to hear. But hlpefully bmv sampler will turn up a daily for us cause 30$ for 180mil is cheep cheep cheep.

By V2 Varis, do you mean 2 provari V2s?!? If so, soooooo jealous!!! Those are gorgeous vaping machines! :)
My progression was: 3 Mistics (cigarette clones), Pink Kgo kit, black Ego-T kit, maxi roughstack V2, Gold Rush, REO Grand, Red lavatube, black lavatube - when I add it all up, I could have had a provari, but I like my family of vaping gear, and my budget is officially maxed out on mods for a while! Then throw in the cartos, clearos, atties, tanks and juices, and... oyvey!

Your 36mg description is great lol I bet you were buzzing for days after that! :)
Most of us really love ECBlend - I know you ordered 36mg from them to begin with, but give them another shot at a lower mg. They've got terrific juices at great prices - their RY4 with double extra flavor and extra shots of caramel & vanilla is really delicious :) My other favorite juice comes from deejStuff eLiquid, The Apocalypse can wait... :)

orlan johnson

Moved On
Apr 25, 2012
seattle
Yeah we got provaris extended caps 3 tanks from bigdaddyvapor 2 dct tanks from altsmoke 2 hh357attys from avidvapor but tbh we still like 1.5 lr smoktek attys.we are running 3.0ohm singlecoil carts bouge and 2.8ohm duelcoil smoktek carts on our provaris. Also hh357 3.0 ohm short barrell attys but juice spit from thoes my toungue is not happy as it was not ment for lava juice spit. But if I put it on the lavatube and vape I could call it an eruption and my tastebuds are the villigers haha. 20120428_200816.jpg

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Northern NY, United States
Greetings from the road!! Barb & I have had our first beer! Hey, it was noon somewhere!

Mythus... WOW those are awesome!! The pics show on Tapatalk. Very nice indeed!

Orlan- two provaris??? I'm impressed!! You moved right on up to the big dogs! I'm lovin ECB rigt now but there's a couple new ones I want to try. Heathers heavenly and Hella vapor.

Had vape mail today.. Got my Vivi but there it sits waiting for me to get home Sunday. Also got some mom &pops juices but haven't had a chance to try them. I loaded a couple Cartos and brought em with me, we'll see about those.

Happy Friday all,, I'll be thinking of ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
That's fantastic Luv! By the end of the weekend you'll be helping her pick her first kit & juices!

Speaking of juices - vapemail arrived today! An order from ECB (I created a yummy orange cinnamon roll and a blueberry danish with a touch of sweet cream cheese), and some yummies from Luv for the care package! YAY!!!

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Greetings from the road!! Barb & I have had our first beer! Hey, it was noon somewhere!

Mythus... WOW those are awesome!! The pics show on Tapatalk. Very nice indeed!

Orlan- two provaris??? I'm impressed!! You moved right on up to the big dogs! I'm lovin ECB rigt now but there's a couple new ones I want to try. Heathers heavenly and Hella vapor.

Had vape mail today.. Got my Vivi but there it sits waiting for me to get home Sunday. Also got some mom &pops juices but haven't had a chance to try them. I loaded a couple Cartos and brought em with me, we'll see about those.

Happy Friday all,, I'll be thinking of ya!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoy the show (and Syracuse) this weekend! There are times when I do miss Syracuse, but this time of year isn't one of those times. :D

orlan johnson

Moved On
Apr 25, 2012
seattle
Heres my review of digitalecigzz honeybeez 24 mg.. As always taste is subjective.. It came in a standard minalla envelope haha jk. Ok running a hh357 atty 3.0 ohm at 5.5 volts. Ok great vapor at 80/20 but idk about vapor.. Flavor, its great right out of the mail got a great sweetness on in hale and very nice honeytabbaco flavor on exhale. Very mild th at 5.5 volts I would like more th but the flavor is great very great. Its 20.25$ for 32ml which is pretty steep and if I was made of money I would daily vape this but im not . ill just pour honey in my mouth while I vape same effect not as pretty though

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Vape-mail day!

First up, the LR atty I got for dripping. Can't really say much about it because it doesn't work with my eGo style batteries (even Woody). The threading is correct on the inside of the connector, but the eGo style connector doesn't have air holes toward the bottom to allow the atty to get any air flow. I think I need a 510 extender to make this work on my current setups.

Next up, the Smoktech eGo Mega Dual Coil cartos. In the most simple terms, not for me. The vapor was thick and warm, but after using the Stardusts for so long, the flavor just doesn't seem good. My brother is in love with these, so he's going to be getting 4 more from me soon. :D

Then there's the drip tips. Both are of the plastic variety (polycarbonate, I believe) and both are nice. The swirl drip tip is very dark green (almost black) with a swirl of medium green running through it. The ming tip is a light gree with swirls of white and dark green running through it.

Finally, the Vision Vivi Nova. It comes pre-loaded with the 2.4ohm atty, with a 1.8 and 2.8 included in the kit. The tank consists of a metal base (where the atty is attached), metal top, translucent tank with measurement marking, and a drip tip in the top which can be replaced with any of your favorite drip tips as needed. The only downside to the construction is that the center post on the connection sticks out a bit too far to thread all the way down into an eGo connection cup (see image below). Because of this, it doesn't feel secure on the eGo connection, but it will likely work much better on a LT or other standard 510 connection setup.

97768d1336145305-vivi-nova-tank-system-now-ecigwizard-vivi-nova-tank-kit.jpg

Since the 2.4ohm atty was already loaded up, that's the one I'm using right now at 3.7v with about 1.5ml of 50/50 Tropical Punch from ECB for the first test. I didn't fill the tank to capacity because I wanted to see how well the wicks worked with a smaller amount of juice. On the first tank, the vapor production is a bit better than the Stardust and the flavor is good, but just a bit muted. The draw is nice and easy, and the hits are consistent. The long wicks (more like strands) reach all the way to the bottom of the tank, so there's no need to lay it on it's side like the original Stardust clearos. I've been able to keep this standing up and chain-vape with no dry hits or burning.

That's it for now. Kind of a mixed bag today as far as successful vape-mail.

Vape on! :smokie:

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Nice reviews Tigger! Sorry that atty isn't working for you - is it firing up & there just isn't enough airflow, or is it not firing at all?

Looking forward to your follow ups and finding out if the Vivi flavor improves when it's broken in a bit!

I swapped the atty on my REO Grand for a Boge SR today, and am finding that I really prefer my CantaMelon in a carto vs the atty - it seems creamier and more flavorful in the Boge vs the atty. I'm not sure why there's such a big difference, but I'm glad I tried it in a carto again!

I fell in love with the flavor originally in a DCT, but assumed that my tastebuds had changed when I got the REO and switched to using an atty. I was so bummed that my CantaMelon wasn't the amazingly wonderful thing I thought it was! I'm going to have to try switching between atties, cartos and stardusts for the flavors that aren't doing it for me in one or the other :)

Hope everyone is having a happy vape day!

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Nice reviews Tigger! Sorry that atty isn't working for you - is it firing up & there just isn't enough airflow, or is it not firing at all?

Looking forward to your follow ups and finding out if the Vivi flavor improves when it's broken in a bit!

I swapped the atty on my REO Grand for a Boge SR today, and am finding that I really prefer my CantaMelon in a carto vs the atty - it seems creamier and more flavorful in the Boge vs the atty. I'm not sure why there's such a big difference, but I'm glad I tried it in a carto again!

I fell in love with the flavor originally in a DCT, but assumed that my tastebuds had changed when I got the REO and switched to using an atty. I was so bummed that my CantaMelon wasn't the amazingly wonderful thing I thought it was! I'm going to have to try switching between atties, cartos and stardusts for the flavors that aren't doing it for me in one or the other :)

Hope everyone is having a happy vape day!

The cup of eGo connection doesn't have any air flow at the base, only the slots at the top, so the standard 510 atty can't get any air flow. It's the same on Woody and my standard eGo batteries. I just need a 510 connector that has the air flow holes and I should be all set.

I'm sure I'll be trying more cartos, but I didn't like the EMDCC so they're going to dear brother. I do have a custom wood DCT tank for Woody sitting in my shopping cart over at DiscountVapers, and I just need to pull the trigger which will probably happen this weekend. They have the cones I need for the tank setups to sit flush on the eGo batteries, and the new version of the Stardusts with the longer wicks coming next week. Now I just need to see if they have a 510 to 510 connection with vent holes so I can use the new atty.

Is that an atty tank?

It's what's being marketed as the next evolution (or big brother) to the Vision Stardust design. The atty coil is wrapped around several wicks which poke out of the sides of the center post and feed juice to the atty. The Stardusts have been working great for me over the past month, so I just had to give this one a go. :2cool:

Mythus2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
San Diego, CA
Hidie Ho fellow holics!!! Anyday is a good day when vapemail arrives... mmmmmm sorry to hear on your ViVi Glen. Maybe a 510 to 510 adaptor would give you the lift you need to get the air moving? I'm still fiddling with my stardust, I found so far that its pretty hit and miss...some vapes are wonderful lots of nice warm vapor others (or right in the middle of a vape) the vapor cools and the taste goes away...I heard these need quite a bit of breaking in...don't know what more I can do here. The juice has been sittin in here for about a week with me vaping on it off and on.

Also, not too happy with my tank set up right now...I'm not getting great flavor and a slight plastic-y taste, not burnt, just like someone added "plastic" flavor to the vape...ummmm. At first I thought maybe its a priming problem but then remembered that I flooded the carto (a-g-a-i-n) when I filled it so, that couldn't be the problem.

Maybe its a touch of depression because I sent my darling Provari away for upgrade this week and she doesn't call or write, not even to say she's OK...I'm starting to get a bit concerned, I mean she could be laying dead in a ditch somewhere and I wouldn't even know to dial 911 :cry:

Mythus2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
San Diego, CA
Maybe its a touch of depression because I sent my darling Provari away for upgrade this week and she doesn't call or write, not even to say she's OK...I'm starting to get a bit concerned, I mean she could be laying dead in a ditch somewhere and I wouldn't even know to dial 911 :cry:

Hey Cheeky...I'm going to eat a cheeseburger and fries to get me over this depression tonight probably with a glass or 2 of wine....but not for long RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
The cup of eGo connection doesn't have any air flow at the base, only the slots at the top, so the standard 510 atty can't get any air flow. It's the same on Woody and my standard eGo batteries. I just need a 510 connector that has the air flow holes and I should be all set.

That is so strange Glen - I've used standard 510 atties with no adapter, as well as with adapters with no air holes (for use with drip shields), on both my kGo and Ego-T, and have had no problems with airflow. I'm wondering what the difference is between the one you picked up and all of the 510 atties I have.

Cant wait to see your woodied DCT!

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Hey Cheeky...I'm going to eat a cheeseburger and fries to get me over this depression tonight probably with a glass or 2 of wine....but not for long RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

Aww I'm sorry you're missing your Provari, but she's in good hands and being treated with love and care by the Provari Doctors at Provape! They'll take good care of her, and she'll come back to you even better than before :)

No... *sigh* not for long! But that cheeseburger sounds mighty tasty right now!!!

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
That is so strange Glen - I've used standard 510 atties with no adapter, as well as with adapters with no air holes (for use with drip shields), on both my kGo and Ego-T, and have had no problems with airflow. I'm wondering what the difference is between the one you picked up and all of the 510 atties I have.

Cant wait to see your woodied DCT!

I'm not sure either, since this is the first dripping atty I've purchased, but I did find the shorty 510 to 510 adapter that should fix the issue. And since I found that last bit of what I needed, I just pulled the trigger on the order:

5 - Vision eGo CE4+ Clearomizer DV Edition (LR) with the long wicks
2 - 18650 Battery Case
1 - 510 to 510 adapter with air holes
1 - eGo Chrome Cone for the 3.5 mL Dual Coil Tank Cartomizer
1 - eGo Chrome Cone for the 5 mL Dual Coil Tank Cartomizer
1 - LG DCT - Custom Order (Wood Type: Box Elder Burl (black/green))

The new CE4+ clearos are expected in stock on May 8th, and the wood DCT will probably take at least a few days to complete, so the order will probably take a while to ship.

I'm spending way too much damn money on this stuff! But I'm having a blast! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread