Vapaholics Anonymous

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythus2012

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2012
San Diego, CA
I'm getting nervous about it. Goin a couple thread this morning and it seems there are more dissatisfied customers than satisfied ones. One thread was even turning into a pissin match between one guy and badkolo. I had to leave! Almost like fisty-cuffs was about to break out! Seems there's a fair amount if fiddling with them which is something I did not want. Guess I'll just wait and see for myself. Gotvapes Phoenix Cartos look interesting too and are getting some good reviews. Might have to try them next.

Anything new is going to have a little bumps some people work through them some don't...I say if you're not willing to work through the bugs then wait until its tried and true or dumped as junk. As was said it was $15 less than a couple packs of smokes in some states...

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Northern NY, United States
I ALWAYS carry my case with two extra batteries and,like, 10 filled Cartos to work. An I usually have at least 4 drip tips in there too. I STILL can't believe I didn't have any drip tips in there!! Hey, a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do :). I must say, it's working really well!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Good question!! Ahhhhh home with my lavatube... heaven!! Well, except for the stupid drunken husband who I'd like to throw off a bridge right about now.:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ruh roh! What did stupid drunken husband do?
Vape a bit more, and the hubby might become slightly easier to deal with!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
Good mornin peeps... hubby is an idiot. But he had to get up at 5am and go to work today and I'm pretty sure he's paying the price for his stupidity yesterday. He and 3 of his buddies from work took a road trip to a hospital 3 hours away to visit another buddy who had a kidney transplant last week. The guy that organized this little trip is affectionately known as "Drunk Bob". Well, you can probably guess what happened. I fully expected that he would get drunk as a skunk and that's not what I had a problem with. They left at 9am and I got one text about noon to say they had made it. I texted at 6:30pm and asked how the beer was and he responded over an hour later to say it wasn't done yet. That was the last I heard from him. I got home from work at 11pm ... wondering where the hell he was since I hadn't heard from him at all.. and here he was in his chair. Sh**faced. How long you been home? About 15 minutes. Hmmm, so that means you drove your truck home from Drunk Bobs? You couldn't wait 15 stinkin minutes for me to get done work and come and get you?? Now THAT is what pisses me off!!! Drunk Bob doesn't live very far from us, but that's hardly the point, now is it? It's far enough to kill somebody. I was SO mad! I'm STILL mad!! I seriously hope he feels like pure sh** today and I'm sure he'll be full of apologies and properly ashamed of himself. Am I gonna let him forget it?? Not likely. IDIOT. He says the guy that was driving wasn't drinking but I'm now sure I believe that.. I know what happens when this crew gets together. Be sure he'll get the hairy eyeball the next time he plans any kind of event with this bunch. GAWD... you're a 55 year old man, you don't know better than that???? So yeah, he's in the doghouse... big time!

I should have some vapemail today I think.. that Vivi Nova system from Gotvapes.. my Mom and Pop stuff probably won't be here till tomorrow. Quick question if anyone knows the answer... I've got a couple new DCTs and was gonna fill one up but are the cartos that come with those tanks dual coil?? I know this is a stupid question,, DCT means Dual Coil Tank, right? I want to snip one of the coils but just wanna make sure they're really dual coils.

Package incoming today Cheeky.. I didn't make it to the PO yesterday but going this morning. Mythus, yours will go after my Mom and Pop stuff gets here tomorrow..
Got some stuff to do so will check up on you guys later!

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Wow Luvinit! I would be livid, too. I'm glad he made it home in one piece - What is it with men thinking they're okay to drive when they're obviously not?? Maybe your hubby needs a reminder of the dangers of drinking & driving, or a portable breathalizer to keep in the car & use the next time he thinks he's "okay" to drive. I've seen them advertised and in stores recently - I think I saw one at Walgreens the other day while waiting for an Rx. I'm seriously considering getting one for Iron Monkey - he went to a work party last month (I stayed home because my back was misbehaving - big surprise), and drove himself home, convinced he was sober. He was not.

:censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored::censored:

I'm generally the DD, which I'm fine with, I have a good time no matter what, but the man never thinks he's drunk. He says he's "fine", then he falls down, gets the giggles, and swears he's not drunk :party: It's actually funny when he isn't driving. Idiot. I want to get the breathalizer, and make him blow every time he says he's sober, driving or not, to get the point across! I do not want to collect on the insurance policies, nor do I want to visit him in jail - I want to keep him around for at least another 50 years or so!! :)
Let me know if you want me to send you breathalizer links :)

I hope the friend who had the kidney transplant enjoyed the company, and didn't partake in the drinking!

Not spam, but this is how I feel about men & their concept of sobriety... :spam:

Fingers crossed for good vapemail for you today & for the rest of the week!

Yes, DCT is Dual Coil Tank - the cartos that come in them *should* be DCC, one at the top, one at the bottom. My understanding is that if it's single coil, the coil will be at the bottom. If it's DCC, there will be one at the bottom and one at the top - so if you see a top coil, you *should* be able to snip the one at the top :)

YAY! Can't wait for the vapemail!!!!

Last edited:

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
DANG IT.. no vapemail today. It's SUCH a disappointment!! I guess I should get some tomorrow. Man, I love that printing the shipping label from home.. it always makes me feel bad to lie to the post office guy... anything hazardous or liquid? No sir:oops: Not good at lying, but I can't tell him it's liquid and may be hazardous! So much easier for my little mailman to pick it up off my front porch!

Nahhh, I don't need a breathalyzer.. he's appropriately ashamed of himself. Even said he was glad I was mad at him.. at least I cared. Idiot. It seems they're all the same!! Remind me someday to tell you my Atlantic City Story... OMG! We still laugh over it.

Geez, I dragged out all the cartos and clearos and whatnot.. I really must label stuff when I get it.. I have no idea what has dual coils and what doesn't.. it's ridiculous, really. But thanks for the info,, I guess if I can see that coil on the top it's ok to snip it.. why do they make dual coils if they don't really work all that well? I guess some people like em.

Did you check out that contest? Yet another juice vendor!!! They don't have a lot, but what they do have looks pretty tasty! I may have to check them out,, but not this week!

I suppose since it's noon-thirty I should get in the shower.. working 3-11 makes me supremely lazy in the morning:)

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
I'm in the contest, thanks for posting it!! Some of their flavors look pretty tasty, and I'm always in the market for yummy juice! Speaking of, I'm expecting a nice size order from ECBlend soon - I went a little wild with the Wizard, and can't wait to try my creations - a few were brand new, others were minor tweaks of previous creations I really liked but thought need a smidge of fiddling :)

The last time I went to the post office to ship juice, I felt the same way - like the woman behind the counter KNEW I was a bad bad girl shipping liquid - I felt so guilty!

When I get new stock, I generally leave it in the box it came in so i know exactly what & how much of everything i have, but if I take it out of the boxes, I'll toss it in a ziplock sandwich bag with a label - brand, coil, ohm, and capacity. That way I know everything I need to know before filling :)

I actually like the dual coils in some cases - not all the time, but I haven't had the problems some others have reported. They worked great on my kGo, and work really well on VV @ mid range voltages. Kind of like the LR atties - hated them at first, then tried them at 3.0-3.4v, and they're so much more pleasant! I think they were burning my juices before.

I love that you get to be lazy in the morning!! You have time to get things done if you have to, or just stay in your jammies all morning! Great life :)

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
Another contest:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...celebrate-mothers-day-smokelessimage-com.html

I love this one - you can have up to 10 entries about why you love your mom/grandmother/mother in law/sister, etc! It's really neat to list the reasons you think your Nana (in my case), is the bestest - I think I'm going to have to give her a call this afternoon & tell her how much I love her! (again :) )
From the contest thread:
1) Make a post with: why you love your mother, something your mother taught you, a baby picture of yourself, or a photo of a flower bouquet.

The prize is a $150 gift certificate to Smokeless Image, and a bouquet of 2 dozen long stemmed multi-color roses in a vase, sent to the mom of your choice :)

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
Luvinit - Try not to understand what we do as men, but accept that we are deeply flawed and have regrets when we do something stupid. For some reason, as idiotic as we can get, you women still find a way to continue to love us. I'm not sure I understand why this is, but I am very thankful for the compassion and understanding with which women in general are endowed.

On a more fun note (shopping of course)... Since I haven't taken a sick day in a quite a while (vaping seems to be making me healthier), and I had a rather "off" day at work yesterday, I decided to take a "mental health" day off of work. So here I am waiting for my vape-mail to arrive this afternoon and I'm bored, so I start looking at other things I might need with the new setup and my current eGos. I'm browsing AltSmoke and I see they have a decent LR atomizer with good reviews (in the cart it goes), and I'll need a drip tip or two (in the cart they go), and my brother is raving about the EDMCCs he got (in the cart they go), and oh look there's the ViVi Nova (pause... pause... hmmm... in the cart it goes).

Here's what I have coming from this order:
1 - Swirl Drip Tip in emerald
1 - Cherry Vape Ming Drip Tip also in emerald
5 - eGo Mega Dual Coil Cartos (EMDCCs) in black
1 - Vision Vivi Replaceable Coil Tank Kit
1 - 510 Low Resistance Atomizer - V2.1 in black

Cheeky - They didn't have any drip shields there, so if you would be so kind as to point me to your favorite supplier of these I would be much obliged!

Other than the drip shields, and of course more juice, I think I may be set for a little while. :D

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
I like your order Glen!!!

A couple of options for drip shields:

The original Empire Mods: Empire Drip Shields
SmartVapes: Smart Vapes: Drip Shields : SmartVapes Electronic Cigarettes, Electronic Cigarette

There are a few other vendors, but those are the two I've purchased from.

If you order from SmartVapes and want to try their juices, you will have to call them. Their SV101 blend is delicious!! (let me know if you want a sample lol I bought 3-30mls last time!!) They also have some pretty highly regarded atties that I will try the next time I order from them. If you register an acct before you buy, they'll send you a welcome email with discount code "newguy" - I'd tell you how much you'd save by using it, but I forgot to use mine, so I dunno :)

Edited to add: OOH! They also carry the panasonic 18650s for under $8/each - I bought 2 and love them!

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
I like your order Glen!!!

A couple of options for drip shields:

The original Empire Mods: Empire Drip Shields
SmartVapes: Smart Vapes: Drip Shields : SmartVapes Electronic Cigarettes, Electronic Cigarette

There are a few other vendors, but those are the two I've purchased from.

If you order from SmartVapes and want to try their juices, you will have to call them. Their SV101 blend is delicious!! (let me know if you want a sample lol I bought 3-30mls last time!!) They also have some pretty highly regarded atties that I will try the next time I order from them. If you register an acct before you buy, they'll send you a welcome email with discount code "newguy" - I'd tell you how much you'd save by using it, but I forgot to use mine, so I dunno :)

Edited to add: OOH! They also carry the panasonic 18650s for under $8/each - I bought 2 and love them!

Thanks Cheeky, this is a great help! I'm browsing SmartVapes now and I'll let you know what I find. :2cool:

luvinit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
I see there's shopping going on here!! (as usual!) Thanks Glen,,, not like us women don't do stupid stuff too... but I can't help but wonder how much trouble I would have been in if I'd been gone all darn day and not contacted him.. oh, he's gonna be a while getting over this one! 99% of the time he's the most kind, thoughful, and generally awesome guy... I really wouldn't trade him (he's hubby #3, so I have tons of experience!)

Well Glen, we're going to have to compare notes on that vivi thing.. I kinda thought you wouldn't wait til I got mine;)

You guys and your attys... I still hate them, but I have to say that EgoC atty system I got is pretty sweet! It's the only atty system I don't get burnt hits out of.. it's perfect for testing juices! Speaking of that.. I got some honeydew.. ehhh. Think I'll let it sit for a bit and see if it improves. I also got (where did I get this stuff??? Gotvapes, I think) a Vanilla Tobacco. I have yet to find a tobacco flavor I like... now, this one is kind of interesting. I don't taste vanilla so much, but what I do taste is honey.. lots of honey. It's actually quite good!

Gotta go brush my teeth and head to work... has anyone else noticed having to brush your teeth, like, four times a day?? This vape stuff leaves fuzz.. gross:blink: I even keep a toothbrush at work!! OK,, enough ickiness,,, goin to work. I'll be lurking later..

CheekyMonkey

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 29, 2012
Florida
One of these days I'm going to send you a drip shield Luv, and walk you through dripping - you'll love it once you get the hang of it & it stops being such an icky mess!

Let the honeydew steep for a while - a friend sent it to me & she'd had it sitting around for a while. I'll see if I can find out exactly how long she had it!

I can't wait to get both of your takes on the Vivi tanks - I'm keeping my eye on the CleanTanks & may go for one of those if they're competitively priced (If not, I may just wait until vapestock & hope I can grab a lavatank!)

And yes - I have noticed the muzzy teeth! What is that?!

BuGlen

Divergent
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2012
Tampa, Florida
I see there's shopping going on here!! (as usual!) Thanks Glen,,, not like us women don't do stupid stuff too... but I can't help but wonder how much trouble I would have been in if I'd been gone all darn day and not contacted him.. oh, he's gonna be a while getting over this one! 99% of the time he's the most kind, thoughful, and generally awesome guy... I really wouldn't trade him (he's hubby #3, so I have tons of experience!)

When I would do something stupid, my ex wife would tell me: "You know. I love you deeply, but I don't like you very much right now!" That would usually get the point across pretty well. :D

Well Glen, we're going to have to compare notes on that vivi thing.. I kinda thought you wouldn't wait til I got mine;)

You guys and your attys... I still hate them, but I have to say that EgoC atty system I got is pretty sweet! It's the only atty system I don't get burnt hits out of.. it's perfect for testing juices! Speaking of that.. I got some honeydew.. ehhh. Think I'll let it sit for a bit and see if it improves. I also got (where did I get this stuff??? Gotvapes, I think) a Vanilla Tobacco. I have yet to find a tobacco flavor I like... now, this one is kind of interesting. I don't taste vanilla so much, but what I do taste is honey.. lots of honey. It's actually quite good!

Gotta go brush my teeth and head to work... has anyone else noticed having to brush your teeth, like, four times a day?? This vape stuff leaves fuzz.. gross:blink: I even keep a toothbrush at work!! OK,, enough ickiness,,, goin to work. I'll be lurking later..

Well, I did think about the fact that yours was coming this week and I did want to get your opinion, but it was staring me in the face while I was placing the order. Since I had to pay for shipping anyway... Well, you know the drill. I'm glad you're liking your eGo-C setup for juice testing. I enjoyed mine for several weeks before I started using the clearos and decided I liked the performance on those with my wimpy batteries better. I'll have to try my C cones on my new PV at higher voltages to see if it gives them new life.

Speaking of the new PV (yet another great segue), the vape-mail arrived. All I can say is WOW! Just WOW! This thing really is a work of art, and it fits perfectly in the hand. I'm charging my first set of batteries now, so I'll let you know how it vapes later on.

Vape on! :smokie:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread