Vaping and glasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanctuary Denied

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2013
Vancouver, Wa
Getting older and noticed my eyes weren't quite as sharp as they once were. So I went to the optromatrist and wouldn't you know it, I need glasses. Picked them up two weeks ago and my vape clouds seem to be sticking to my glasses.
I feel like I'm cleaning them constantly and not very well I might add.
Anyone else experiencing this and any recommendations on cleaning practices?

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I exhale through my nose. I never really noticed my glasses getting dirty beyond the norm. Maybe the nose is downward. I don't know.

Well, now that I think of it, we have ceiling fans running and the desert usually has a breeze. In the car, I up the fan and crack the window.

Good topic.

Reactions: catlady60

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
I wear glasses and definitely notice some of this. Especially if the juice is a higher VG juice. Then when that stuff sticks and you try and clean it, it smears more than actually being removed.

Go to the grocery store and pick up some glasses lens cleaner. You can get spray and a microfiber cloth or your can get wipes kind of like wet ones that are meant for glasses. They work like a dream. Mysterious, but like clockwork.

Reactions: glointhedark

Sanctuary Denied

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2013
Vancouver, Wa
I wear glasses and definitely notice some of this. Especially if the juice is a higher VG juice. Then when that stuff sticks and you try and clean it, it smears more than actually being removed.

Go to the grocery store and pick up some glasses lens cleaner. You can get spray and a microfiber cloth or your can get wipes kind of like wet ones that are meant for glasses. They work like a dream. Mysterious, but like clockwork.

Yeah, I'm usually 70vg or higher.
I think I will give the wipes a go, we have a new puppy that keeps chewing up my spray cleaner. The cat knocks it off the counter and the dog chews it up. Wife's animals, they're just adorable :mad:

glointhedark

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
Antelope, CA, USA
Our cats are in cahoots with the dogs. We have watched as the cats knock things off the table or counter for the dogs to play with. We have gotten pretty good at keeping things like eliquids and vaping equipment out of reach of any furbabies.

I have not noticed any appreciable problems with my glasses and vaping. I usually use whatever is handy to wipe them off, and once in a while run them under a bit of warm water and use a paper towel to clean/dry them.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Our cats are in cahoots with the dogs. We have watched as the cats knock things off the table or counter for the dogs to play with. We have gotten pretty good at keeping things like eliquids and vaping equipment out of reach of any furbabies.

Must be small dogs.

I don't need cats to knock things off the tables and counters, my German Shepherd is perfectly capable of reaching them on her own if she wants to.

We have to put our bread in the microwave before we leave the house because she will take it off the counters if we leave it there. We'll come home to chewed up empty bread bags all over the floor. We also have to make sure the pantry door is closed tight or she will help herself to whatever smells good to her. She's particularly fond of sweet potatoes.

Sanctuary Denied

ECF Veteran
Sep 6, 2013
Vancouver, Wa
The good dog is a full grown Lab/Golden retriever mix, well past puppy age. The puppy is a black Lab/Pit bull mix, chews on everything, as puppies do. The cat I suspect is mental. He came from the she!her, pees in the toilet, poops in my daughters bathtub, and falls off the banister on his head taking anything up there with him.
I think I might try the running my glasses under water technique, its cheap and worth a try.
Got some wipes, their working well and fit comfortably in my pants pockets, but a little expensive.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
I started using Zeiss lens cleaner I got for my camera, LCD monitors, etc on my glasses. Since I increased the VG level in my juice I noticed a film on my "windshields" and it is really difficult to get it completely off. I tried dish soap gently rubbing the lenses with my fingers under warm running water but it's a pain in the neck having to dry the lenses AND glasses. With the Ziess in it's spray bottle and the microfiber cloths that came with it all is good now. Couple of shots of sol'n on both sides of the lenses and wipe with the microfiber cloths. I do have to remember to wash the cloths fairly frequently and then hang them on the dish drying rack -- it's amazing how the dirt shows on them..... sort of cracks me up seeing them hanging there..... my "delicates" air drying in the kitchen.....;)

rico942

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Carlsbad, CA
I adopted a habit from my Dad, of taking my glasses into the shower with me and thoroughly washing them first. I keep an old toothbrush handy to scrub out the residue that always seems to accumulate around the nose pieces ...

After the shower, dry them with TP. Crude but effective ...

Haven't noticed any vape residue on the glasses, or on my home or car windows either ...

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I adopted a habit from my Dad, of taking my glasses into the shower with me and thoroughly washing them first. I keep an old toothbrush handy to scrub out the residue that always seems to accumulate around the nose pieces ...

After the shower, dry them with TP. Crude but effective ...

Haven't noticed any vape residue on the glasses, or on my home or car windows either ...
if your car windows become a problem just take a shower in there. Car wash with windows down.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
I've never noticed any residue on my glasses. But just a few days ago a clients dog chewed mine up :cry: I'm presently going without. I have definitely noticed it on the car windows. That stuff is impossible to get off! Now that I think about it I suppose if it does gunk up your windshield it probably does gunk up your glasses!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread