Status
Not open for further replies.

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
From what I've researched, sustained second-hand vapor over several hours is the equivalent of the nic content you get from a potato. e.g., if you decide to vape around her, you should ask her to stop eating potatoes.

I kid, but yeah there are definitely unknowns when it comes to how these different compounds act when heated and inhaled. There's probably negligable-to-zero risk, but you only vaping in a different room or outside makes sure it's zero.

ilmostro99

ECF Veteran
Aug 16, 2014
Feltwell, Engalnd
I'm not a doctor, and I don't have a pregnant wife, but I have a wife and two kids with asthma. I never purposefully blow it in their direction, but I vape around them and in the car and they have not had a negative effect yet. That being said, you are creating new life, and I'd always error on the side of caution.

Redruth

ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2014
Crawley, England
My son does not like me to vape around him or my grandchildren. I don't think it would do them any harm but he doesn't like it so I don't do it (unless we are all outside). If your pregnant wife doesn't object to you vaping I doubt very much that it would do her or the baby any harm. But that is just my opinion. I am not an expert. So it really comes down to - do you think it's safe?

Happy vaping. :)

Lanore

Aug 10, 2014
USA
I don't see why it would be an issue, but if you want to be courteous it won't hurt to vape elsewhere, and if she asks you to it's probably best to vape elsewhere. Just not worth an argument. I personally wouldn't vape indoors around a pregnant woman.

However outdoors? No real reason to avoid it so long as you aren't blowing clouds in her face.

JustMeB

Dec 1, 2014
PA-USA
I vape around my son indoors, not with him sitting directly beside me, but he is not a newborn, fetus, or toddler. I won't vape in the car with him in it. If I had a wife (don't see that happening as I am female and married to a male), and she was pregnant I wouldn't vape around her and would probably vape outside or at the very least in another part of the house she doesn't go into often. That is just me though, and you and your wife need to make that choice for your family. (Agreed, would not argue with a pregnant women either).

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Well I dunno; I smoked cigarettes when *I* was pregnant, and my son didn't come out with 3 eyes or anything, and no lung issues, and not the slightest bit premature (as all the scare stories would have it). I did find that smoking in the house with him gave him bronchitis, so I had to take it outdoors; vaping doesn't seem to cause anyone any problems -- anyone currently breathing air, that is. The unborn? Who knows? Nowadays, I'd probably be inclined to err on the side of caution, because if there is the SLIGHTEST thing wrong with the child, and you have vaped around his mom while he was inside, you'll blame yourself, so.. yeah, caution wouldn't hurt at all. I dunno if going outdoors is strictly necessary, but maybe in a different room. It dissipates very rapidly, so if she's just not around you while you're vaping, it should be fine. The only possible caveat I can think of is that nicotine constricts blood vessels, same as caffeine -- I did abstain from caffeine for just that reason while pregnant. I dunno if she could be exposed to any significant amount of nicotine from the 2nd hand vapor, but any constriction of blood vessels for the pregnant/unborn would be a bad thing.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread