Status
Not open for further replies.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
One of my German shepherds pooped in the house today. vaping.

Na uh, not buying it. It's more likely that your GSD unlocked the doors, let him self out, used gloves to collect some poop and then he placed in the house to frame the cat. Unless you ...... him off. Then he's smart enough to poop in the house but it would be some place clever, like your pillow or in your shoes, or in your meatloaf. GSD's are geniuses.

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    LOL, thanks, I was thinking the same thing.....

Stress can cause hair loss. I know it did that to me for a while.

Stress from quitting and starting vaping , ya think? all the opinions, all the arguments, usually having nothing to do with the original post.....

a05267536de040461490516d292f70c7.jpg

Please don't show this to @Katdarling

One thing I can say, vaping has helped solidify my voops.

Last edited:
    Reactions: anavidfan

Asbestos4004

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Sugar Hill, Georgia
    Na uh, not buying it. It's more likely that your GSD unlocked the doors, let him self out, used gloves to collect some poop and then he placed in the house to frame the cat. Unless you ...... him off. Then he's smart enough to poop in the house but it would be some place clever, like your pillow or in your shoes, or in your meatloaf. GSD's are geniuses.
    you have a point.....

Drummel

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Feb 11, 2010
    Sycamore, IL
    Can't say it any better than most do. Don't jump to conclusions. See a doctor. As bluecat already stated the stuff we ingest is already in damn near everything.
    Inclusive of Nicotine, there are lots of foods with naturally occurring nicotine, I will not make a list, just type "What foods have nicotine" The point is, and chances are likely you already have had plenty of all of these things in your body at a point before you ever thought the word "vape"

See a doctor. Uneducated drawn conclusions create nightmares in people with shaky nervous systems. I do NOT intend this to be mean at all, so please take this with my utmost respect.

Reactions: anavidfan

Spencer87

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 24, 2014
    Jakarta- Indonesia
    Sigh.
    Every couple days someone comes in here asking if every symptom under the sun is caused by vaping.
    Its a bit amusing.
    Stomach aches, Hand swelling, swollen lymphs, eye issues.

I think if we knew vaping was linked to hair loss, we would probably not be vaping. sure i guess its possible to be allergic to a flavor, but I havent heard of allergies causing hair loss.
    Seems very unlikely that its linked to your hair loss. I recommend a doctor as well.
    It could just be an age thing. Not an old age thing.
    I am 27 and just made the choice to shave my head because of the top thinning out pretty bad.
    sigh. Such is life

Reactions: ReigntheGamer

anavidfan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 14, 2012
    U.S.
    Sigh.
    Every couple days someone comes in here asking if every symptom under the sun is caused by vaping.
    Its a bit amusing.

I think if we knew vaping was linked to hair loss, we would probably not be vaping. sure i guess its possible to be allergic to a flavor, but I havent heard of allergies causing hair loss.
    Seems very unlikely that its linked to your hair loss. I recommend a doctor as well.
    I am 27 and just made the choice to shave my head because of the top thinning out pretty bad.
    sigh. Such is life

Here is a really cute clip that I always think of when I see all the : "I just started vaping (quit smoking)
    Every once in a while I have to post this because since people started quitting there have been side effects of quitting that people always forget about and think because they quit , they must be dying. ( im exaggerating of course,) Symptoms can be short or they last for months, it all depends on "your" body.

Big Me

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 24, 2014
    England
    Alopecia doesn't need to have a specific cause but hair loss coupled with an itchy scalp it does suggest a reaction of some kind.

Have you changed shampoos or conditioners recently? Has the manufacturer changed the formulation? I think if it was a reaction to your vaping, it would affect more than just your hair and scalp. (I could be wrong as I'm not medically trained in any way whatsoever ;))

Good luck finding the actual cause and hope it gets better soon. :thumb:

Katie B

Nov 5, 2015
    Alopecia doesn't need to have a specific cause but hair loss coupled with an itchy scalp it does suggest a reaction of some kind.

Have you changed shampoos or conditioners recently? Has the manufacturer changed the formulation? I think if it was a reaction to your vaping, it would affect more than just your hair and scalp. (I could be wrong as I'm not medically trained in any way whatsoever ;))

Good luck finding the actual cause and hope it gets better soon. :thumb:

Thank you. Quitting vaping and going to see what happens. If it's thats hen great. So far not itched, so who knows. Miserable though I loved my vape. Using the inhalator its crap and tastes of pepper.

Katie B

Nov 5, 2015
    Sigh.
    Its a bit amusing.

sigh. Such is life
    I understand what your saying but I'm not the only person to bring this subject up. I think vaping is fantastic however I don't think it works with everyone. I aren't the first and certainly won't be the last to say I haven't felt great since vaping. I understand you get withdrawl symptoms from quitting cigerettes but two months on I feel worse. Itching scalp, skin, dizziness, thinning hair, lack of energy. I have read other posts that have said they aren't feeling great. I think for some it just doesn't mesh with their bodies. My hair loss may not be due to vaping but with this break if it grows back and my other symptoms subside then it must be the vape. Only cutting it out for a few weeks will answer my question I suppose.

Reactions: mattiem

Robino1

Resting in Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    Moved to Health, Safety and Vaping from General Discussion.

Someone has a concern and has noticed something happen around the same time they started vaping. Snark is really not called for here.

To the OP, there may be something in the flavoring or the liquid that does not agree with you. An allergist may be able to help find out what it is that is causing a reaction.

Stopping everything and seeing if that helps then introducing things one at a time back into the equation can help narrow it down.

As for some of the other things going on with you, here is a thread that may help: A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

Reactions: Katmar

Katie B

Nov 5, 2015
    Moved to Health, Safety and Vaping from General Discussion.

Someone has a concern and has noticed something happen around the same time they started vaping. Snark is really not called for here.

To the OP, there may be something in the flavoring or the liquid that does not agree with you. An allergist may be able to help find out what it is that is causing a reaction.

Stopping everything and seeing if that helps then introducing things one at a time back into the equation can help narrow it down.

As for some of the other things going on with you, here is a thread that may help: A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette
    Thank you for this. Will definitely read!

YoursTruli

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 27, 2012
    Ohio
    Wow really guys? :( I just hate seeing and do not understand when new people (or anyone for that matter) come here for help only to get treated so badly.... have we really gotten so jaded that going on the attack if it is not something we have personal knowledge of or experienced ourselves is up for personal attacks and ridicule? I really hate to think so.

Since vaping my hair has gone really thin and even have such thin areas at the side of my head where you can see my scalp. Plus my scalp is red and itchy!
    Thank you for the replies unfortunately I think it has to be the vaping as it started to shed as soon as I started. My family have no history on either my mum or dads side. It is at the very front hair line. I accidentally got juice in my mouth 6 weeks ago and had a terrible reaction. I was itching all over, particularly on my scalp and for this reason I feel I can no longer vape. The next day I felt like I had been hit by a bus. I am so peed off as vaping worked for me. I love it but can't continue as my hair is just not happy. Strange thing is I have tried patches, gum and the inhalator and none of these affected me at all. Feel very disheartened.

This^^^sounds like an allergic reaction, which can cause (sudden) hair loss in addition to itching, red itchy scalp and (extreme) fatigue and it is entirely possible to be allergic to one (or more) ingredients in your eliquid, VG, PG, Flavoring... Yes Please, go see an allergist, your doctor can refer you to one.

Since you have already seen your doctor and the blood work they did came back ok do you know if your doctor did blood specific testing such as strictly for hypothyroidism, which can cause (sudden) hair loss in addition to itching, red itchy scalp and (extreme) fatigue? If not you may want to ask for that specific blood test and there are other diagnostics in addition to blood work your doctor can do to get to the bottom of this problem for you.

Reactions: Katie B

Katie B

Nov 5, 2015
    Wow really guys? :( I just hate seeing and do not understand when new people (or anyone for that matter) come here for help only to get treated so badly.... have we really gotten so jaded that going on the attack if it is not something we have personal knowledge of or experienced ourselves is up for personal attacks and ridicule? I really hate to think so.

This^^^sounds like an allergic reaction, which can cause (sudden) hair loss in addition to itching, red itchy scalp and (extreme) fatigue and it is entirely possible to be allergic to one (or more) ingredients in your eliquid, VG, PG, Flavoring... Yes Please, go see an allergist, your doctor can refer you to one.

Since you have already seen your doctor and the blood work they did came back ok do you know if your doctor did blood specific testing such as strictly for hypothyroidism, which can cause (sudden) hair loss in addition to itching, red itchy scalp and (extreme) fatigue? If not you may want to ask for that specific blood test and there are other diagnostics in addition to blood work your doctor can to to get to the bottom of this problem for you.

Thank you so much, finally a person who can see I am generally concerned about this situation. I was beginning to think that their were a lot of uncaring folk on this site. I posted for help, not to be ridiculed and made to feel stupid. I am new to vaping, I aren't down with the lingo but couldn't help feeling slightly upset by some replies. Anyway thank you again, doctor checked my thyroid but if I don't feel better in a few weeks will go back. Missing the vape but not worth going bald (if it is the vape, time will tell)!

Reactions: YoursTruli

Traijan

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 24, 2014
    USA
    That sounds more like something my younger Poodle would do.

sparkky1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 8, 2014
    Nashville
    Thank you so much, finally a person who can see I am generally concerned about this situation. I was beginning to think that their were a lot of uncaring folk on this site. I posted for help, not to be ridiculed and made to feel stupid. I am new to vaping, I aren't down with the lingo but couldn't help feeling slightly upset by some replies. Anyway thank you again, doctor checked my thyroid but if I don't feel better in a few weeks will go back. Missing the vape but not worth going bald (if it is the vape, time will tell)!

Alopecia areata: Who gets and causes
    Suggestion : Dermatologist ..................
    Immortal Hair

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread