Vaping causing hair thinning?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katie B

Nov 5, 2015
Hey everyone,

I am new to this site and was just wondering if anyone has suffered with hair thinning? Since vaping my hair has gone really thin and even have such thin areas at the side of my head where you can see my scalp. Plus my scalp is red and itchy! Anyone else had this? I have a kanger tech evod2, I'm also having a few dizzy spells but only on 6mg/3mg of nicotine with a 50/50 mix of pg/vg. I really don't want to quit vaping it has been a life saver and I actually prefer it to cigarettes. I recently had blood tests to rule other things out and it was all normal. Anyone had this or heard of anyone? Not sure what I can do any suggestions?! Thank you. For reading my post.

Reactions: smacuser

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Wait vaping causes hair loss!!!! What about my long luxurious locks oh...mah...gerd! Back to smoking for me.
c39d310c-12bc-4a6d-a0dc-50c0778dd496.jpg

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
yup... Im going bald from vaping, cracked 2 teeth from chewing on olive pits ( vaping made my teeth weak) Ive gained 20 lbs, the dogs .... burps are really stinky now from it breathing second hand vapor, and since I dont drink enuf water Im feeling a bit dehydrated

mummy7.jpg

Traijan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2014
USA
Go to an allergist and have them run their battery of tests to see if you are somehow allergic to PG or VG or maybe some of the ingredients in the flavors of the juices that you vape on.

My hair has started to thin but I can't attribute it to vaping but rather getting up there in years.

Cacique

ECF Veteran
May 4, 2014
Orlando, FL
If you already saw a doctor, go get a 2nd opinion. Going to an allergist instead of a general doctor would also be a good idea. Whatever it is, don't just assume it's vaping, especially if it happened right after you started vaping. A lot of things take time to build up and cause issues, and while it could be vaping, it could also be something serious.

On top of allergy tests, I would do a thyroid check if they didn't do that. Hope they find the cause, don't self diagnose it. Good luck.

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
A wife and 3 daughters. 2 female dogs and a female cat. My guess is even the dang goldfishes are female. I forgot what hair was like.

OMG you just described my life...although I have picked up a couple of grandsons in the deal. I always thought the hair loss was age but now I know the real reason.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
My hair is thinning from vaping as well but I attribute mine to arguing with people about vaping, going over battery specs and the frustration of waiting on vape mail ( I'm impatient ).

LOL, thanks, I was thinking the same thing.....

Stress can cause hair loss. I know it did that to me for a while.

Stress from quitting and starting vaping , ya think? all the opinions, all the arguments, usually having nothing to do with the original post.....

a05267536de040461490516d292f70c7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread