Vaping craze is growing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amberina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
A worthy goal! Your friends and family will thank you once they see how much better they feel.

I've converted my mom - a 50+ year smoker - from analogs to WC Flings. She is not interested in trying anything else, but at least she is off the stinkies. Also a couple of coworkers. Can't really take credit for converting my brother because he tried vaping a couple of years ago and gave it up after a month or so. He and his wife started back a couple weeks after I started. He says the technology is much better now than when he tried it before.

I'm loving the "hobby" part of vaping. I started with the Flings then went to one of their cigalike kits with pre-filled cartos. That kept me happy for about a month until I discovered a Halo Triton kit. I still keep the cigalikes and some Flings for backup, but the difference in taste between those and the tank system is night and day. I've added a SID, eVic and a Vamo V3 to my collection and have been very happy with them so far.

One thing that never ceases to amaze me is that I smoked one kind of cigarette for more than 30 years and never thought about trying anything new. Just bought the same old brand of stinkies every week like a robot. E-liquid makes vaping even more fun! So many varieties available that there is no chance of getting bored.

Best wishes for your continued success in converting smokers!

I like what you said about ALWAYS smoking the same brand/flavor of cigarettes and then when you switch to vaping its totally different!! I smoked Marlboro Reds for over 21 years and I never liked anything else. I did try others, but I was loyal to my reds. Then when I started vaping, I only wanted a tobacco flavor. I wanted it to be as close to my Marlboros as possible. I did that for about a week and then I was at a local B&M and the girl there urged me to try some fruity flavors. I was very hesitant because I thought it would make me sick like the 'flavored' cigarettes I had tried in the past. WOW was I surprised!! I actually liked it way more than the tobacco!! Now I still have that first 30ml bottle of tobacco flavor that I started with! Time to toss it because I know with all of the awesome possibilities I will not use that one again!! I don't know how I ever smoked analogs!!
Plus with vaping I no longer smell like an ashtray or have to constantly go outside to smoke.
Vaping has truly changed my life!

State Of Zen

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Colorado
I'm five days off analogs finally. Been dual using forever. My wife does both at the moment. Need to get her on board. Regular cigs stink now lol

This. I can smell the pungent odor when someone across the street smokes now (something I couldn't do when I was on analogs). I guess my sense of smell has exponentially heightened .

Limner

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
Western USA
This. I can smell the pungent odor when someone across the street smokes now (something I couldn't do when I was on analogs). I guess my sense of smell has exponentially heightened .

One of the weird revelations I had two weeks after I began vaping was, after smoking for 39 years and 4 months, I smelled my first cigarette in 39 and 3 months.

LadyPharaoh

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2013
AL, USA
I like what you said about ALWAYS smoking the same brand/flavor of cigarettes and then when you switch to vaping its totally different!! I smoked Marlboro Reds for over 21 years and I never liked anything else. I did try others, but I was loyal to my reds. Then when I started vaping, I only wanted a tobacco flavor. I wanted it to be as close to my Marlboros as possible. I did that for about a week and then I was at a local B&M and the girl there urged me to try some fruity flavors. I was very hesitant because I thought it would make me sick like the 'flavored' cigarettes I had tried in the past. WOW was I surprised!! I actually liked it way more than the tobacco!! Now I still have that first 30ml bottle of tobacco flavor that I started with! Time to toss it because I know with all of the awesome possibilities I will not use that one again!! I don't know how I ever smoked analogs!!
Plus with vaping I no longer smell like an ashtray or have to constantly go outside to smoke.
Vaping has truly changed my life!

Lol it's like a playground for grownups with all the flavors and vapegear available now!

You don't have to toss 30ml of tobacco flavored liquid. Get some 10ml plastic bottles and experiment with it. A few drops of other flavors might turn it into something you truly love to vape. Mix them, shake it up really good then set it aside to steep for a few days. If you don't like it, steep it a bit longer or add something else and start over. Just write down what/how much you added in case you invent a "must have" combination.

I'm with you on not smelling like an ashtray. When I smoked I was very self-conscious about the way I smelled to nonsmokers. Ain't worried about it now! :D

Amberina

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Lol it's like a playground for grownups with all the flavors and vapegear available now!

You don't have to toss 30ml of tobacco flavored liquid. Get some 10ml plastic bottles and experiment with it. A few drops of other flavors might turn it into something you truly love to vape. Mix them, shake it up really good then set it aside to steep for a few days. If you don't like it, steep it a bit longer or add something else and start over. Just write down what/how much you added in case you invent a "must have" combination.

I'm with you on not smelling like an ashtray. When I smoked I was very self-conscious about the way I smelled to nonsmokers. Ain't worried about it now! :D

Great advice! I do have lots of new empty bottles so I guess It's time to start experimenting!! Maybe I'll come up with something really good!

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread