Vaping does cause acne in some people. FACT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicola88

Feb 8, 2017
Hello everybody! I have read this forum for awhile but wanted to sign up to post as I thought some people would find my story interesting.

So...vaping and acne. A hot topic for those who experience it. I have noticed a trend that people say their acne has been getting progressively worse since they made the switch the vaping. A lot of folks suggest its 'quit zits' or pg/vg allergy. While this may be the case for some I don't think it is for most and here is why:

So in mid October 2013 I quit smoking tobacco cold turkey. Before this I had been trying to quit on and off using NRT and using NRT (quick mist and lozenges) at work when I couldn't smoke. My skin was awful! worst acne I have in my life. I some how convinced myself smoking was giving me acne and just quit everything. I have always had a few pimples a month so I was used to that, but never cystic acne. Anyways my skin continued to break out for awhile but by February 2014 my skin was FLAWELESS! happy days. I took up vaping May 2014 due to stress and was good for awhile. I got really bad Back acne in the winter 2014 and by March 2015 had bad back acne and felt all round lousy. Started smoking analogues in April 2015 and my skin went back to normal.

I then quit smoking analogues again cold turkey in November 2015...no quit zits no nothing. Just brighter nicer skin from quitting smoking. I started vaping again in February 2016 and in July started getting a few pimples...and it got progressively worse until I had some cystic acne again! I cut the VG down which helped but ive had to go cold turkey again and just stop all together.

So...if its 'quit zits' why when I quit cold turkey from real cigarettes I don't get acne? I get less acne than when I smoke analogues. Also, the body purging thing is just not correct. Our bodies don't store up toxins and just decide to excrete them when we quit smoking, our bodies are constantly detoxifying, so if the detox hypothesis was correct, people would have the acne while they smoked not after. Quit zits, I believe are better explained by stress and hormonal changes from the withdrawal and change.

I did, VG, PG, different flavours, different kit, 3mg nic, 6 mg nic and 12mg nic with still no improvement.

If you read the general quit smoking forums you also tend to see a trend of the acne suffers using NRT or Vape. Not many cold turkey folk report chronic acne. I personally believe its the level of nic people have which is way more than when they smoke and the pharmaceutical nicotine. Tobacco so all its evils is natural after all.

Anyways, hope that helps some folks. for me from now on its the real McCoy or nothing at all. never again. (oh and profile pic is 2.5 months cold turkey pic...no quit zits lol) x

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
Even if it were true, which I'm doubtful of, especially it being due to nicotine levels(which you can choose in vaping, but really can't with smoking), I think I'd choose having acne over lung cancer, or emphysema. To each his own though.

VHRB2014

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2014
Nic`d Up in Oklahoma!
Iv noticed a minor increase of surface issue`s. Not deep stuff, just on the very surface.
I am apt to believe it happen`s because of the oil in the vapor and having it around and collecting on your face all day.
I would wager that washing your face several times a day would alleviate the problem for most people.

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
You look lovely, don't ruin it by vaping..

Even if it were true, which I'm doubtful of, especially it being due to nicotine levels(which you can choose in vaping, but really can't with smoking), I think I'd choose having acne over lung cancer, or emphysema. To each his own though.

Both are correct. 100% :)

I have always had great skin while smoking so many cigs and doing everything else. :censored:, barely eating (when I did, terrible diet), barely sleeping etc...
Now, I eat well, drink lots of water and vape lots. My skin has got progressively worse for over a year now.

But I can't blame vaping because due to recovery from an extraordinary injury my stress levels are through the roof.

But... I have found something.
I won't advertise on here but it is a supplement you get here in the UK. They say give it 14 weeks :eek: and I am only on week 5 but I look better. Incremental steps but I believe these are actually working!!!

Got another 9 weeks and they will actually be gone :banana:
cross your fingers for me.

BTW, I have tried so many different things so I know they mostly do not work. I can see a silver lining though...

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
Hello everybody! I have read this forum for awhile but wanted to sign up to post as I thought some people would find my story interesting.

So...Vaping and acne. A hot topic for those who experience it. I have noticed a trend that people say their acne has been getting progressively worse since they made the switch the vaping. A lot of folks suggest its 'quit zits' or pg/vg allergy. While this may be the case for some I don't think it is for most and here is why:

So in mid October 2013 I quit smoking tobacco cold turkey. Before this I had been trying to quit on and off using NRT and using NRT (quick mist and lozenges) at work when I couldn't smoke. My skin was awful! worst acne I have in my life. I some how convinced myself smoking was giving me acne and just quit everything. I have always had a few pimples a month so I was used to that, but never cystic acne. Anyways my skin continued to break out for awhile but by February 2014 my skin was FLAWELESS! happy days. I took up vaping May 2014 due to stress and was good for awhile. I got really bad Back acne in the winter 2014 and by March 2015 had bad back acne and felt all round lousy. Started smoking analogues in April 2015 and my skin went back to normal.

I then quit smoking analogues again cold turkey in November 2015...no quit zits no nothing. Just brighter nicer skin from quitting smoking. I started vaping again in February 2016 and in July started getting a few pimples...and it got progressively worse until I had some cystic acne again! I cut the VG down which helped but ive had to go cold turkey again and just stop all together.

So...if its 'quit zits' why when I quit cold turkey from real cigarettes I don't get acne? I get less acne than when I smoke analogues. Also, the body purging thing is just not correct. Our bodies don't store up toxins and just decide to excrete them when we quit smoking, our bodies are constantly detoxifying, so if the detox hypothesis was correct, people would have the acne while they smoked not after. Quit zits, I believe are better explained by stress and hormonal changes from the withdrawal and change.

I did, VG, PG, different flavours, different kit, 3mg nic, 6 mg nic and 12mg nic with still no improvement.

If you read the general quit smoking forums you also tend to see a trend of the acne suffers using NRT or Vape. Not many cold turkey folk report chronic acne. I personally believe its the level of nic people have which is way more than when they smoke and the pharmaceutical nicotine. Tobacco so all its evils is natural after all.

Anyways, hope that helps some folks. for me from now on its the real McCoy or nothing at all. never again. (oh and profile pic is 2.5 months cold turkey pic...no quit zits lol) x

Hi Nicola and welcome, nice to see you posting :)

It wouldn't surprise me if you are correct and it sure sounds like it to me. It doesn't happen often, but people can have allergies to many of the ingredients that can be found in juice. Don't know much about NRTs, but I would guess they are also not without occasional issues.

If you can stay smoke free without vaping or NRTs go for it. If you can't all the time I guess you'll have to decide what to do next. Hope it works out for you :thumb:

Reactions: Zutankhamun

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
I almost don't want to point this out, but I'm going to.

You decided to join a vaping forum, and with your first post, tell people that they shouldn't vape but should instead smoke, because anecdotally vaping gave you acne?

Something just doesn't feel right here.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016

You decided to join a vaping forum, and with your first post, tell people that they shouldn't vape but should instead smoke, because anecdotally vaping gave you acne?

But the thread title says FACT!! ZOMG!! :p

NOVA jon

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2014
Northern virginia
A good dermatologist could diagnose & treat what was/is actually causing an acne problem.

Perfect!! But by all means OP, blame it on ecigs! I guess it would be all to easy to endure 2+ years of trial and error to come to your conclusion and call it fact rather than go and see a trained professional. Did you on the off chance see a doctor and give these details??

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida

People get Zits from Chocolate, French Fries, Anxiety, clogged pores, steroids, raging hormones, etc.
So what doesn't feel right?
OP said in last paragraph,,real mcCoy or nothing pertaining to her. She didn't tell me to quit, which i Wouldn't!

I do trust your instincts Les..

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
People get Zits from Chocolate, French Fries, Anxiety, clogged pores, steroids, raging hormones, etc.
So what doesn't feel right?
OP said in last paragraph,,real mcCoy or nothing pertaining to her. She didn't tell me to quit, which i Wouldn't!

I do trust your instincts Les..
I'm not really disputing that vaping may contribute to acne for some people. I know my skin can feel more oily when I vape high vg liquid. What doesn't feel right is a first post in the forum, claiming fact(I know, internet "fact"), and in the same post saying it's better to smoke than to vape, at least as far as acne is concerned.

Honestly, I question the motives of anyone who joins this forum for the sole purpose of telling people that they're not vaping anymore.

I can't think of a single thing that I'm NOT doing that I would devote the effort to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread