Status
Not open for further replies.

Ca Ike

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 20, 2014
Cali
Im British! There is no dermatologist in the UK who is going to pay for tests so i can carry on vaping happily as we get free health care lol thats just ridiculous.

God people take a knock on their vape so personally you would think your were married to the things.You dont have to look hard. Nicotine is a vascular constrictor so any nicotine product would have a damaging effect on circulation and the oxygen/ vitamins to the skin. Im not going to point you in the direction of studies because you clearly dont want to accept that vaping could have have negative effects anyways. When you want to have a balanced view then look yourself until then believe what you want because i actually dont care if you agree with me or not. There is one study about vaping and immune health that was interesting but again if you dont care i dont care.

This post was only ever about me and people take it so personally

It's nothing personal Nicola. There are a lot of shills that come in here and post stuff like this just to cause havoc and quite a few have been from the 3 letter gangs.

It would help if you would post what you have tried along your " personal study". I've noticed that it seems to be more of an issue for women than men as well as more common for heavy makeup users.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I'll take acne over cancer. At any rate I have noticed no difference in the amount of acne I have had since I made the switch. If anything, my skin is in better condition now that it's not being bathed in tobacco smoke 20+ times per day.
Same here. Even friends have commented on how much better my skin looks now that I have switched to vaping. The wrinkles on my upper lip caused by 45+ years of smoking have even smoothed out a bit. Fortunately I've never had a problem with acne. I do feel bad for those that have to contend with it though. I probably did have a bit of it in my teenage years but that was so long ago I have erased the memory of it.

fiddleshe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Im British! There is no dermatologist in the UK who is going to pay for tests so i can carry on vaping happily as we get free health care lol thats just ridiculous.

God people take a knock on their vape so personally you would think your were married to the things.You dont have to look hard. Nicotine is a vascular constrictor so any nicotine product would have a damaging effect on circulation and the oxygen/ vitamins to the skin. Im not going to point you in the direction of studies because you clearly dont want to accept that vaping could have have negative effects anyways. When you want to have a balanced view then look yourself until then believe what you want because i actually dont care if you agree with me or not. There is one study about vaping and immune health that was interesting but again if you dont care i dont care.

That's because you took something about you that is specific and turned it into something general like a fact. It is not a fact until it has been scientifically studied and there is a proven cause and effect. At this point any number of thing could be causing YOUR acne or a combination of things. They are called variables in studies. People in general don't seem to get that about scientific studies and statistics. It is NOT a fact. It's a curious finding at this point that's worth studying probably.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
That's because you took something about you that is specific and turned it into something general like a fact. It is not a fact until it has been scientifically studied and there is a proven cause and effect. At this point any number of thing could be causing YOUR acne or a combination of things. They are called variables in studies. People in general don't seem to get that about scientific studies and statistics. It is NOT a fact. It's a curious finding at this point that's worth studying probably.

Agreed, you can't make generalizations or personal experiences a fact. Perhaps it is a fact for one person, but not everyone

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida

You're playing the role of the Iconoclast, expect the slings & arrows..

GrowthCurve

ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2016
Rust Belt
Ten years ago i quit cigs with free nic gum supplied by my employer. It was summer. I am oily skinned because of my heritage, genes, watevs...had major breaking out all summer of 2006.

Stayed quit, and took up vaping in 2013. By that time--i was approaching menopause. For me--i believe that menopause plus regular visits to a tanning bed keep my skin clear. I never get breakouts anymore, and i vape high nic. My mother was a chain smoker. Fair skinned--and she never broke out in acne. But i took after my olive-skinned father.

Everyone is different. But we all like our vapes on this group.

Reactions: RainSong

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Im British!
It's not an excuse.
Nicotine is a vascular constrictor so any nicotine product would have a damaging effect on circulation and the oxygen/ vitamins to the skin.
No. Not at all. As usual you are wrong (on purpose?)
i actually dont care if you agree with me or not.
So, why you are posting at all?
There is one study about vaping and immune health that was interesting but again if you dont care i dont care.
About everybody here knows about this study. So what?

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California

I'm actually very open to the possibility of vaping having negative effects, I just don't take anyone's word for it.

You seem to confuse opinion and fact very freely, so when you say there are studies that prove what you're saying, I'm simply asking to see them. Trust me, I will read them. I read every study that's brought to my attention because I care very much about all aspects of vaping.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Agreed, you can't make generalizations or personal experiences a fact. Perhaps it is a fact for one person, but not everyone

This is the Concept of Evaluation on the Individual verses the Population Level.

---

I might be able to Say that ____ causes Acne in .005% of People. And the "Fact" of Acne being caused is Not Statistically Disputed.

But as I attempt to Apply this "Fact" to a Larger Percentage of the True Population, it becomes Statically Harder and Harder to do so.

And by the Time I get to the Entire Population, I might not be able to Show any Causality that is considered Statistically Significant.

NU_FTW

Ultra Member
Dec 6, 2016
My skin always gets dry in the winter. FACT.. My individual experience based on my age, skin type, and geographic location. Which just gives me one more argument to make to move to somewhere it's warm.
I like the cold I'll deal with low humidity in the winter I learned in the usmc how much I appreciate the different seasons

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
This is the Concept of Evaluation on the Individual verses the Population Level.

---

I might be able to Say that ____ causes Acne in .005% of People. And the "Fact" of Acne being caused is Not Statistically Disputed.

But as I attempt to Apply this "Fact" to a Larger Percentage of the True Population, it becomes Statically Harder and Harder to do so.

And by the Time I get to the Entire Population, I might not be able to Show any Causality that is considered Statistically Significant.
Combine that with mistaking personal observation and assumption of causality, and one person's FACT doesn't add up to a lot.

Reactions: ChelsB

MrPaint

Jan 29, 2017
My acne has actually gotten better since switching from analogs to vaping.... my deep blackheads are diminishing in size and number... and I definately spend less time in the mirror popping zits... I guess everyone is different, but theoretically dont you think vapor would be better for your skin than smoke? I mean... really? I am like 99% sure some of the huge blackheads I had were definately a side effect of analogs.... I dont have them anymore since I started vaping

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
Remember the episode of Seinfeld where Kramer was having smoking parties?

hideous-kramer.jpg

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Combine that with mistaking personal observation and assumption of causality, and one person's FACT doesn't add up to a lot.

I see it as Entirely Possible that Vaping could played a role in the OP's Acne. Just as Stress or Change of Body Chemistry could have.

does stress cause breakouts?

I would just Think that if there was a Significant Number of People who were/had experienced the same thing as the Op, that there would have been More Reports of it here on the ECF.

I've been a Member here a Long Time. And I have only read of a Handful of Cases where someone feels that Vaping is Directly Related to Acne.

So the "Fact" may only be a Fact to a Very Small percentage of the Population. And when things get down to the 1 or 2 Percenter's, it's hard to talk about Facts because the Statistic is many times the Same Size as the Margin of Error of the Statistic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread