vaping for medical reasons

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson2993

Aug 14, 2017
Hello! I don't vape. I am not addicted to nicotine (I've smoked a couple of times, usually when I'm really stressed). But here's what I'm wondering:

I have severe chronic migraines. Like, debilitating, stay in bed all day type migraines. I am used to taking prescription medication for the migraines, and then Excedrin or whatever for the lighter migraines. But, unfortunately, I've just started a new medication (for other health problems) and it reacts really badly with Excedrin. Now, if I am able, I will turn on an diffuser and breath in some lavender-chamomile air or drink some espresso. The aromatherapy helps my migraines the most and always helps me feel better.
I know it's possible to buy lavender & chamomile eliguid & to buy it with 0% or low ammounts of nicotine. But, my question is, will vaping help my migraines? Is it worth it to vape just for this sort of reason? A lot of people have said on forums that if someone is not addicted to nicotine (or if they don't have 'a reason' to vape) then vaping is not worth it, and I was wondering if this seemed like a good solution to my problem or if I should try to find another way to relieve my chronic migraines?

Last edited:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
My advise is to consult with your doctor regarding your medications or for taking anything in addition to them.
A Forum is not the place to obtain the info/blessings you are looking for, your physician is.
I am so sorry for your migraines, but anything you put into your body can affect your medications.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
I've heard of people with overweight issues trying vaping to see if it helped curb appetite. I have not heard that it helped. I have never noticed anyone reporting that vaping helped with headaches.
I'm a migraine sufferer and I don't think it will help. I had the Botox done and it works. I'm sorry you suffer from them.

redeuce

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 11, 2017
Chicago suburbs
www.nofearmotorsports.com
  • Deleted by classwife
  • Reason: Not a topic to be mentioned on ECF

Jackson2993

Aug 14, 2017
To me, nicotine is more likely to cause migraines than cure them.
I do not know if I was clear enough. I have no intention of purchasing eliquid with nicotine in it (except for use the way I would smoke an occasional cigarette, and not as a priority).
I would be purchasing 0% nicotine eliquid that is essentially lavender or chamomile to use as a sort of portable version of an electronic diffuser.
So far I have not been able to find anyone (first hand) who uses ecigs this way (one of my friends claims he knows someone who does this, which is where the idea came from originally) and thought here would be an ideal place to ask.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I don't know anything about that idea, but I agree this is something to consult with your doctor about, because I'm not sure of the difference between breathing in chamomile/lavender (essential oils, I assume)? That's not something you can really vape, and you might be able to get a (manufactured, not actually using chamomile or lavender) e-liquid, I don't think it would contain what you actually NEEDED (lavender/chamomile) rather a manufacturer's version of what that might taste/smell like on inhale. DO NOT vape essential oils in an e-cig, it's dangerous and it wouldn't work.

Why not get one of those lavender/rice "pillow" things you can heat in a microwave or cool in a freezer to get that scent? Also, a good cup of chamomile tea is fairly portable if you just bring teabags and a coffee cup, you can get hot water at almost any convenience store for free?

I do feel your pain, my son suffered with migraines as an adolescent, as does my sister. The medications are horrible, migraines are horrible, but I don't think that vaping (0 nic or not) is going to solve this problem.

Best of luck,

Anna

Sheilita

ECF Veteran
Sep 10, 2016
Portugal
I do not know if I was clear enough. I have no intention of purchasing eliquid with nicotine in it (except for use the way I would smoke an occasional cigarette, and not as a priority).
I would be purchasing 0% nicotine eliquid that is essentially lavender or chamomile to use as a sort of portable version of an electronic diffuser.
So far I have not been able to find anyone (first hand) who uses ecigs this way (one of my friends claims he knows someone who does this, which is where the idea came from originally) and thought here would be an ideal place to ask.
Hi, even if you find somebody who is vaping lavender or chamomile that could means nothing. In my opinion nobody can give you the advice that it can help. Because everybody react different on medicines, treatments etc. There are so many different kinds of migraines/graduation that finding the right cure/releafment is almost impossible.. trust me been there, done that. I suffered migraine since I was around 16 years old and only the last 3 years I finally found a medications that helped me.
So long story short..you could ask your doctor or you could try things out. When you're feeling a bit better with vaping lavender or chamomile liquid or other things..I say go for it. But sometimes you can't make it better and are the medications you already have and the aroma diffuser the only things what good is for your migraines. For me personally I stopped with trying to find a better solution. It is what it is:)

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Hello! I don't vape. I am not addicted to nicotine (I've smoked a couple of times, usually when I'm really stressed). But here's what I'm wondering:
I have severe chronic migraines. Like, debilitating, stay in bed all day type migraines. I am used to taking prescription medication for the migraines, and then Excedrin or whatever for the lighter migraines. But, unfortunately, I've just started a new medication (for other health problems) and it reacts really badly with Excedrin. Now, if I am able, I will turn on an diffuser and breath in some lavender-chamomile air or drink some espresso. The aromatherapy helps my migraines the most and always helps me feel better.
I know it's possible to buy lavender & chamomile eliguid & to buy it with 0% or low ammounts of nicotine. But, my question is, will vaping help my migraines? Is it worth it to vape just for this sort of reason? A lot of people have said on forums that if someone is not addicted to nicotine (or if they don't have 'a reason' to vape) then vaping is not worth it, and I was wondering if this seemed like a good solution to my problem or if I should try to find another way to relieve my chronic migraines?
Welcome and glad you joined.
Might like to read:
A list of symptoms when quitting tobacco and changing to an ecigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread