Vaping Habits Survey

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrii Matviienko

Dec 30, 2015
Hi everyone,

I'm new here, so would like to first say hi :). I'm a researcher in informatics based in Germany, and currently doing research on new technologies to help smokers and E-cig users quit.

If you could spare a few minutes to answer some questions on the Google Forms link below, would really appreciate it. And of course if you have any questions about where we're going with this, I'd be happy to answer.

<Link to Survey>

goo.gl/forms/RdM4NssKsh

</Link to Survey>

Cheers,
Andrii

Last edited:

stylemessiah

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2015
Sydney, Australia
Id be interested in exactly where and how you intend to use the information given

I personally get a bit wary of these kind of surveys, in general, as in:

* Is the data actually being gathered by a front for tobacco companies
* Are survey participants being mined for data with the purpose of their data being used to develop a product and monetized

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
Which vaporizer device do you use?

err, you mean like .. today?

Do you use a Mod accessory on your vaporizer?

hmmmm.....

the trouble with some polls is if you don't know enough about the subject matter in the first place, you can't really ask clear questions.

Andrii Matviienko

Dec 30, 2015
^^^ Yep

Are you a student? If not, for whom is my information intended? I have no interest in assisting government or other agencies intent on demonizing vaping, developing new, better products -- that'll get you a maybe.

More information, please.
I am a researcher at the University. I am not from the company and our intend is not to demonize vaping. We aim to develop tools that help ecig-smokers keep track of their smoking activities.

Andrii Matviienko

Dec 30, 2015
Id be interested in exactly where and how you intend to use the information given

I personally get a bit wary of these kind of surveys, in general, as in:

* Is the data actually being gathered by a front for tobacco companies
* Are survey participants being mined for data with the purpose of their data being used to develop a product and monetized

The data collected is gonna be used only for research purposes and not for tobacco companies that demonize e-cigarettes, or any other commercial purposes.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Hi, we at the Media Informatics group at the University of Oldenburg / OFFIS in Oldenburg, Germany are researching and developing sensor-based technology to help E-cigarette users become healthier by quitting the habit.

No thanks. Don't really want to quit ecigs.

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread