• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Vaping in Japan and need advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtrain45

Aug 12, 2011
San Diego
Hey All,

Long time member but noob on the thread, so basically I'm new to ECF and glad to be here. My reason for joining is to find out more info on the vaping regulations in Japan. I'm moving to Yokosuka before the end of this year and wondered if there were any problems about shipping unflavored pure nicotine to Japan. I do a lot of DIY e-juice because I find it saves me a lot more money. My concern is if I were to order pure nicotine that it would get confiscated by Japanese customs. I understand the vapors in Japan are able to get e-juice but without NIC. I love flavors but I also love my NIC and wouldn't be able to vape without it.

I'm also thinking that I will send a big supply of unflavored pure NIC with my household goods when they are sent to Japan. I'm wondering if that would be OK or will the Japanese Customs somehow detect it in my household goods and consider it an illegal substance. I just don't want to get into any problems with the Japanese government. I'm a civilian working for the US Navy and will be assigned there for 3 years.

If any military Personnel who PCS to Japan with any info would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help or advice you guys can give me.

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
Working on base means you'll have a PO box there. All your mail from the States will come via USPS and MPSA (military brings it the last part). Don't expect speedy service on anything - if we get priority packages in less than 10 days it's fast.
Japanese customs can still check the stuff but it's not much and pretty random. I've had packages with 200ml (or more) come thru just fine - not checked. About a month ago they checked one with a single 15ml bottle - envelope cut open and a letter stuffed in - they didn't even bother unwrapping the bubble wrap from the bottle - the slit in the envelope was taped up when the finished.

Been here a number of years and that's only the 2nd thing they ever checked anything of mine and I've only heard of few others from people I know.
They probably run the dogs thru for the main check and every so often pull something random. As long as the dogs don't trigger and nothing looks suspicious it'll come in.

imabuddha

ECF Veteran
Apr 14, 2014
Miyazaki, Japan
No companies within Japan can legally sell liquid with nic in it, at least until the law is changed. However you can order from overseas without any problems as long as each shipment is <= 120ml. Others have ordered larger quantities & it sometimes (usually?) gets through, but you'd be taking a risk of it being sent back.

I keep my orders right at 120ml, and place another order whenever my stock is ~halfway or when I find a new flavor I want to try. The real trick is finding websites that will ship to Japan as many are US only. For those I sometimes have it shipped to a family member in the US who includes it in packages with other goodies. :)

mac63

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2014
Most place will ship to FPO these days. When I find a place that doesn't they just don't get my business - it doesn't cost extra to send.
101vapes is the only place I had say they won't send loose batteries - they'll send devices with internal batteries. Have got batteries from a bunch of other places with no problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread