Vapor Flask | Vapor Shark Collaboration Flask - ~$199!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Smale

May 24, 2015
Plymouth UK
Vaporflask%20encased.jpg

vapor%20flask%20showing%20screen.jpg

vaporflask%20on%20its%20side.jpg

Attachments

• 20150702_115224.jpg
    20150702_115224.jpg
    696.3 KB · Views: 55
Reactions: disley

Paul Smale

May 24, 2015
Plymouth UK
It is the vaporshark finish but feels more durable, no angles makes it smoother & more velvety lush, the bigger 510 on the flask stops your attys scratching that area. I use it mainly for home use and am very careful with my gadgets ; ) Did I mentioned they used oxidised billet 6062 aluminium as opposed to the sharks cast zinc aluminium and reckoned the surface provided better adhesion ; )

Last edited:

fredrikstad

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2014
Fredrikstad,Norway
I got one today, but sadly have to send it back, there is an issue with the charging hold, it becomes uncharged after five puffs, and I tried six brand new Samsung inr 2500 mah 25 r freshly charged battery's. I wrote to them and told them the problem, and what to do, so I am not sending it back before they reply to me. Hope the problem is just on my unit, and that they swap it for a new Flask

Paul Smale

May 24, 2015
Plymouth UK
I got one today, but sadly have to send it back, there is an issue with the charging hold, it becomes uncharged after five puffs, and I tried six brand new Samsung inr 2500 mah 25 r freshly charged battery's. I wrote to them and told them the problem, and what to do, so I am not sending it back before they reply to me. Hope the problem is just on my unit, and that they swap it for a new Flask
Might not work but might, any battery problems with flasks is often down to the threads the caps screw into. Try cleaning the cap threads and the tube threads. I used "Ideal Noalox" joint compound in my threads from day one. Its possible there is residue in them or .... from machining. Just a thought :confused:

fredrikstad

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2014
Fredrikstad,Norway
Might not work but might, any battery problems with flasks is often down to the threads the caps screw into. Try cleaning the cap threads and the tube threads. I used "Ideal Noalox" joint compound in my threads from day one. Its possible there is residue in them or .... from machining. Just a thought :confused:
Sure Paul, I am going to try that, but I think its just my bad luck. Last week I got my long awaited PVA 40, and it was so nice, and sturdy, worked just fine, and boom, after half an hour, the screen went dark on me. I tried to take out the battery's to reset it, and I tried the procedure to go in and out of stealth mode, but nothing helped. It fired as it should, but I cant use it with out being able to adjust my settings. A friend of mine got the same mod, and his working perfectly fine. He thinks the connector from the screen to the chip is loose.
So there is not my intention to scare anybody from buying it, the Flask was really nice with the bigger screen and all. I hope some more owners are chiming in and tell theirs experience.

Last edited:

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Mine arrived. I like it. Finish is nice. Smaller than I thought. 510 mount is bigger. Screen is bigger. Battery caps are brass. Batteries slide in very snug. I held it in my southpaw and it felt fine as to reaching the fire button. I pick mine up with either hand. The roundedness makes it comfortable.

Feels solid, actually, the same way my VS boxes do. The twin 18650s make it only .25" taller and .75" wider than my VS rDNA40. It is compact.

I don't have a regular Vapor Flask so I can't compare them.

Am going to start running it today.

Reactions: CannonE

fredrikstad

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2014
Fredrikstad,Norway
My concern exactly.... Can anyone answer about the finish? The vapor shark RDNA 40 I have (which I do love) I feel like I could scratch the finish off with my fingernail if I wanted.... Only had it for a few weeks but around the 510 pin is scratched from just screwing and unscrewing my atty. Sweet mod....crappy finish.
I tried to fix it, but it did not help, so I am going to replace it, because it was so nice the short time it worked . The finnish seem wonderful and don't feel like its coming off easy. By the way, here is the fix, but I couldn't do the screw thing, Im am not that handy, and did not had the tool to do it either. Here are the fix >

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
I am really enjoying it. I also have a rDNA30 and an rDNA40 box from VS and they all seem solid in a "dense" way. No shake. On the boxes, I have the Shark Skins. The VS Vapor Flask I may look for a jwrap. Something classy. I have not delved into TC, I am currently looking for a good flavor RTA.

Good products to me.

CannonE

Jun 11, 2015
Your likely to see a vapor flask DNA200 before you see a vapor flask SX350J.

Actually there was an announcement of the SX350J Flask a few weeks back on Taste Your Juice. I've heard rumors that it may be released mid August....but who knows how accurate that is.

I would probably pull the trigger on the Vapor Shark Flask....but am really concerned about the "rubberized" finish. So far no one has reviewed it or commented on the durability of it....

winstonk24

Jun 22, 2015
Rubber finish is crap! Love the mod... Iv started to "peal" the rubber finish off mine slowly. Or the outside sealant. Il take some pics.

I put this thing threw hell in the last month. Yesterday I dropped it on the concrete. Has a nice sent on the bottom right. Works like a champ!

Battery life is suppurb. Zip charging is handy. I do like to take my batteries out at least once a week and charge them. I do have slight problems with the battery meter.

Stay away from the vaporshark kanger coils... Crap! Freemax coils in my starrpro are spot on after refinement!

I really hope we can upgrade this to dna200.... Either way I'm happy! I knew about the finish going in and I highly doubt any finish would last with me anyways. Adds character :)

Agnes Black

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2014
STL, MO
I haven't seen VF for sale on any other sites lately :/ been wanting to get one but not wanting the VS version or the Squonk. Has VaporShark merged with VF??? I'm intrigued by the SharkFlask just cuz of the zip charging option and I don't vape over 30-35w anyway so a DNA40 board would suffice for my needs. Torn between a good SXK clone and an authentic just cuz I haven't seen them around anywhere else....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread