Vaporshark Nautilus compatible nickel BVC

Status
Not open for further replies.

ultrabadger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 16, 2014
Madison, WI
Picked up a few packs of the nickel "temperature sensing" coils Vaporshark has started selling. I've been vaping on one all day today in my Nautilus Mini on my rDNA40 today, and I have to say that so far I'm very happy. ~0.3 ohm coil running at 10-13W set at 450F. Performance is exactly what I expect from a nautilus and I get the added consistency and protection of the DNA40 TP. No muss no fuss. No rebuilding. I may end up switching almost exclusively to this setup and getting a few silo tanks.

Any one else try these coils?

Reactions: Vesh

danfinger

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 29, 2014
Virgo Super Cluster
Curious. We've all been talking about the temperature protection advantages of the DNA40 with regards to cotton. 420 to 450 degrees or thereabouts being the conclusion of many to be the 'burning point'.

But since we really don't know what is in the aspire BVCs, what are we drawing our TP numbers from exactly? Rumors fly and vague mentions of ceramo-fiber who knows what.

If you have the new nickel BVCs, what temp are you setting your DNA40 and why?

alistairs

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 3, 2014
Castro Valley, CA, USA
Been using the Nautilus TSC coils on a Vaporshark rDNA40 for the last two weeks. I left temperature set at default 450F, I vape at 11-12W same as I would a BVC. The coils reach 410-420F with my normal 3-5 second draw. As this is around 10% below the protection limit set, I figure that's good enough. When they wear out (resistance increased 20% or so, and flavor dropping off) the temp protection starts kicking in frequently and I use that as another sign its time to change. They seem to be lasting me slightly longer than BVCs with the same juice. Also vapor and flavor seem more even over time.

I would recommend to anyone who doesn't want to fuss with making their own nickel coils. Kudos to Vaporshark for getting these to market so quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread