Vivi Nova burning liquid

Discussion in 'Clearomizers' started by juggalotus, Oct 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juggalotus

juggalotus Full Member

So i have a vivi nova and i thought it worked great till the end of a work day when it tastes like burnt butt and wont hit well. I have tried the 3 different ohms it came with a bought some more 2.4Ohms and all do it. i couldnt tell you which version i have but at the end of the day all my liquids end up looking like this http://i.imgur.com/lRHbE.jpg am i vaping to much i vape pretty heavy at times.

2. juggalotus

juggalotus Full Member

anything? nothing? Im willing to take any suggestions at all.

3. ujai

ujai Full Member Verified Member

From my experience, the standard heads that comes with the package ended up like yours. I purchased some heads from healthcabin and it works like a champ. Maybe the standard coil is different than healthcabin, I'm not too sure on this. Also, does your device can set voltage? If yes try to use at lower voltage first then go up just before the burn taste.

4. juggalotus

juggalotus Full Member

ah should of posted that i am vaping on my 3.7 volt box mod and it does same on my 3.7 volt flashlight mod

5. meeems

meeems Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

wish you knew if you've got the version 1 or 2 vivi nova, because if its the version 2 or 2.5, i'm gonna start freakin', i just ordered 4 kits.
    dam i hope your version was the 1st one..no offence.

6. ujai

ujai Full Member Verified Member

I see, have you tried to recoil it? Or purchase a replacement for the heads? Like I mentioned, you can try the one from healthcabin. Atleast it works for me.

7. juggalotus

juggalotus Full Member

been watching videos going to try recoiling a head with some SS Mesh will let you know how it Goes. ok histery over mad vapes says i ordered a v2

8. juggalotus

juggalotus Full Member

well i took apart one of the 1.7 ohms atys and recoiled it with a thicker wick and i am happy to save i love this thing! I did coil it looser then the company had and only did 4 loops and it works great for me

9. Tibby

Tibby Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May be too late but it is important to keep liquid covering wicks as much as possible I keep mine turned horizontal and turn in my fingers covering wicks in between hits. At 3.7 you should have no issue. Take it apart and soak all parts in vodka then rinse in hot water and dry with paper towel. Then put the stem post on your device fallowed by the head (minus the little rubber/metal piece) so you can look at the dark caked uo coils. Now dry burn the cois in 4 second intervals. I blow onto the coils in between dry burns. You will see the coil start to burn red and smoke off excess gunk. Once each coil is free of crap reassemble and refill with liquid. Some even put a drop directly on the coil before reassembly. THE KEY IS TO KEEP JUICE COVERED ON THE WICKS BETWEEN EACH PUFF. I have the same 1.8 ohm rollin after roughly 4 1/2 weeks hitting clean and smooth. I guess the type of juice used can also play in the life of the Nova head.

10. FAAmecanic

FAAmecanic Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have the same issue. I usually get 1-2 tanks (I have the 3.5 ml ViVi 2.5) before the juice starts burning. I usually use the 2.4 Ohm at around 4.0v. I clean my heads in 100 proof vodka and keep my wicks wet with constant tipping. One thing I havent tried is dry burning...so thanks for the tip.

I guess if you are a heavy vaper (which I am) it will burn the juice quicker. My theory is as the juice gets lower the wicks actually wick the somewhat burned juice down into the tank...and so as time goes on and your juice gets lower its soaking up the slowly burning juice.

11. juggalotus

juggalotus Full Member

well i have been recoiling my atomizers and haven't been having to much trouble with it lately. it tends to happen now only when the liquid level is below half.

12. Horselady154

Horselady154 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Is it normal for these things to burn the juice?

13. 3McG3

3McG3 Full Member

I haven't had any issues with burned juice. The heads that came with the vivi weren't very good, and didn't last long. But they didn't burn my juice. Now that I am rebuilding my heads with cotton wicks, I am having a much better experience.

14. Horselady154

Horselady154 Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Tibby, a question for you. If you dry burn the coils won't that burn the wick? I had a problem with the burning flavor too and I'm still trying to figure out if it was the wick, the liquid, or both.

15. 3McG3

3McG3 Full Member

If you have a silica wick, you can dry burn it. You cannot dry burn cotton though. If you are getting a burnt taste, I recommend that you watch this video: A PBusardo Tutorial - Vivi Nova Cleaning & Rebuilding - YouTube

Pay attention when he shows how he cut the "V" shaped notches where the wick goes. That solved most of my taste issues. It lets more juice flow into the atty head, and give you more air in your draw as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.