Volt Liquid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Volt liquid is temporarily off of the site for testing. We are required to have the bottles tested by an approved facility to ensure that they are child proof. Once these tests are done, we will be able to sell it again. We are currently looking for a place to do the testing and I will keep everyone posted.

GPWill

Feb 6, 2010
Rochester NY
@Fizzy-Penny
I know. The Volt Country is it for me also. It took some time but I have adjusted to NicQuid Midnight Express. But that is just my experience. Dont know if it will work for you. I have been dedicated Smokeless Image buyer for a couple of years now. Side note. Got the joyetech Ego AIO they have and it vapes the Midnight Express quite well for me. YMMV

LightStar

Sep 2, 2016
I signed up here just to participate in this thread. Like others here, I have been using Volt (Ry4 & Desert Joe) for the past several years and I am disappointed that those are not longer available. Tried a local brand (AVAIL) and finally settled on a flavor that I liked, however I would still prefer Volt were they available.

The part that most disappointed me regarding this fiasco is that SI could not even put up a page on their website appraising its long term customers of the fact and left every one wondering - bad marketing in my opinion, especially to repeat customers who have been so loyal over the years.

Finally, I am not buying the story about testing of bottles - if that is the only problem, then it should not be all that difficult to repackage the Volt liquid in other approved bottles - the type that are being currently sold on SI with other liquids.

A little bit of honesty would go a long way...

GPWill

Feb 6, 2010
Rochester NY
@LightStar
I agree it was kind of sudden with the Volt line disappearing. With the FDA regs dropped on everyone, I imagine its tough being a seller. I support everyone and the cause where I can. I agree a web note would have been nice. I am guessing this supplier isnt set up to do any kind of mixing / juice production. That is what is required to re-package with the new regs. (just guessing) They probably need some sort of certification to provide to the feds for child proof from orig packager if asked. USA juice much easier to get those docs. Just my 2 cents. Missing my Volt Country real bad. PLEASE HURRY......

Last edited:
Reactions: bobnasty

LightStar

Sep 2, 2016
@LightStar
I agree it was kind of sudden with the Volt line disappearing. With the FDA regs dropped on everyone, I imagine its tough being a seller. I support everyone and the cause where I can. I agree a web note would have been nice. I am guessing this supplier isnt set up to do any kind of mixing / juice production. That is what is required to re-package with the new regs. (just guessing) They probably need some sort of certification to provide to the feds for child proof from orig packager if asked. USA juice much easier to get those docs. Just my 2 cents. Missing my Volt Country real bad. PLEASE HURRY......

I think you are right. Unfortunately, in that case I am not very hopeful of seeing any of my favorite Volt eLiquids anytime soon again :( Avail has some good tasting eLiquids but they charge an arm and a leg for little tiny bottles...

celticluvr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Sep 21, 2013
    'bama
    Well for one thing, it always took them a very long time to get their fresh orders of e-juice in from China. Here while back they had to change the way they ordered in order to get shipments in quicker. If anyone has ordered ecig parts from china (ex: Fasttech or Gear Best) you would know it takes weeks sometimes a couple months to get it in. Just my :2c:. I was an extremely loyal SI buyer for 2 and half years and realized I could buy some extra juice cheaper elsewhere, but I still like to buy a bottle or two of Volt, just to have on hand. (DJ, 555, and RY4)

Hey guys, I know it is frustrating but let me clear some things up. Repackaging would technically make it a new product (makes no sense, I know). We talked about repackaging in bottles that are already approved, but as of Aug 8th, any new items have to be approved by the FDA. This means that we would have to submit an application, and it seems that no one really knows the cost of these applications. I have heard anywhere from $100 to $1,000,000 per strength in every flavor. That means repackaging Country liquid would take 5 applications and probably a year to get those applications approved. We have been on our manufacturer since we learned about the regulations but the gears of the China machine grind slowly. We are expected (but by no means guaranteed so don't hate me if we don't) to get some sort of answers in the next couple of weeks.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread