Vuse Error Blink Codes

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbear

Mar 20, 2014
San Antonio
Hello,

I'd love to post this in the appropriate forum but because I created this account only to do that I'll have to post here and hope perhaps (please) could an admin move this to the Vuse Vapor section?

Got a free Vuse (actually two) e-cigarette at SXSW this last weekend. I've been looking to buy a e-cig and just haven't gotten around to it. Trying to quit regular cigarettes for health reasons.

Well all had been going well. Been using the system, liked it a lot. Very easy, very clean. The only problem is availability but luckily I have relatives in Colorado. But tonight I ran into a problem.

For those that don't know the Vuse system uses two led lights to indicate messages. Blinking white means the cartridge is empty/needs to be replaced. Blinking red means the battery is low.

Tonight I got alternating red/white/red/white... No clue what this means. It's not in any of the literature and it's after hours so I can't call the support line... And it's my LAST cartridge fresh out of the blister pack!!! :mad:

Does anyone have any idea what this code means? I am guessing it might be a problem in communication between the cartridge and the battery... but I'm not sure. I've tried swapping out my old cartridge and it gives the regular white white white message (out).

I suspect its a communication problem because if you suck on the battery itself (there's a pressure sensor in it) it gives the same problem. So I figured perhaps it was the contacts not making a good connection and used a set of tweezers to bend the contacts out slightly... still no go.

So... Any thoughts?

P.P.S. Lot numbers for the cartridges. You can find these by peeling the stickers off of them. They are etched into the case underneath. Just in case someone from RJR who can track lot quality happens upon this post.
PK301WA4 -- Good
PN301FB4 -- Bad

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
A google search led me to a post on another forum where someone said that this happens to them occasionally, the flash red and white, and that if you turn the cartridge it might work. I'm not familiar with the vuse so I'm not sure what that means.

Also, it's really easy to post five times, you don't have to start five threads. You can reply on your own thread, or reply to other threads in the New Members area to get your five.

Hope some of that helps, and welcome to ECF.

Sthur

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Denver
Welcome to the forums, I would contact their customer service per #22 here. They say they stand behind their product.

https://vusevapor.com/modules/FooterLinks/ProductFAQ.aspx

What if there is a problem with my VUSE product?
VUSE stands behind the quality and superiority of its products. If there is a product issue with a purchased VUSE product, consumers are encouraged to call Customer Service at 1-877-614-VUSE (8873). A representative will assist and provide options at that time.

gbear

Mar 20, 2014
San Antonio
I'm guessing that if you get the same flashing without the cartridge attached, it means the battery thinks the cartridge isn't attached.

That's what I'm thinking too. I'll call to confirm tomorrow but I also wanted to post to ensure that others who look for this problem in the future might be able to find this.

I also tried turning it a bunch... whatever went wrong seems to be sticking this time.

Bloggerhater

Mar 12, 2014
Denver
I got a MESS of coupons for the solo starter kits and free carts at Denver Oktoberfest last year. I've still got four batteries and a half dozen sealed carts left over, but I did use this as my daily carry for a little over a week. While it is an over priced gas station carto kit, it is by far the highest quality of them all. I usually don't like tobacco flavored e juice but Vuse doesn't taste half bad. The two biggest problems I found is that the system is intentionally designed to not be refillable, and an inherent flaw with that system is exactly the issue you are describing. If reseating or twisting the cartridge doesn't help, try a different cart. If that doesn't work you likely have a bad battery.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
The Vuse doesn't taste bad. It's also got 48mg liquid (as far as I know).

According to popular conversation (in the UK), the product is aimed at the dual user or newbie.

I think if a serious smoker (1 PAD or more) wanted to use these as a 100% alternative to smoking, you'd be looking at 1-2 a day.

2 a day (in the UK) would cost £12 ($20)... How does that compare to the price of a pack of cigarettes?

£12 a day is £4,000 per year to vape....

I spend about £1,000 and have juice and hardware to last 2+ years.

Value for money, it's a total non-starter. It's a tobacco company trying to find a way to corner some e-cig money.

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
Actually at the gas station I work at the Vuse is the least expensive e-cig we sell. I do see them being returned quite regularly though and the cartos don't seem to last very long and that I think is where RJR is really making the money from them. The thing that I do like is that it's a starting place. And so many of us started right there with the Blu or Vuse Or Njoy etc etc...

I got to talking to the "Camel man" one day when he was at my store and he asked if I had tried the Vuse I said yes it was ok decent flavor but this is what I use, pulled out the iTastevv3 and blah blahblah yadda yadda , he then goes on to tell me that him and a bunch of other RJR people had this huge meeting in Texas to discuss their company's new e-cig(Vuse) and he said that almost every one at that meeting was using vaping gear almost identical to mine. Ironic I thought. But even they know that their own product is not a very good one and that other independent companies are making better e-cigs than RJR.
So hang in there OP and things will get better for you. You've made an amazing choice in your life to get away from cigarettes. Just remember that so many of us have gone through similar frustrations. We're here for you. I still say that even e-cigs like the Vuse can be a great starting point. So don't let anyone or anything overly discourage you.

Reactions: ENAUD

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
pulled out the iTastevv3 and blah blahblah yadda yadda , he then goes on to tell me that him and a bunch of other RJR people had this huge meeting in Texas to discuss their company's new e-cig(Vuse) and he said that almost every one at that meeting was using vaping gear almost identical to mine. Ironic I thought. But even they know that their own product is not a very good one and that other independent companies are making better e-cigs than RJR.

Maybe I am too cynical. In the UK we have a well-known store that sells (well, more "encourages"(forcefully, sometimes)) newbies to start with a certain product. It's an expensive 3-piece e-cig which has a worldwide reputation for less "Joye" that it appears to offer.

and yet..... I've been into over 10 of these stores...and nobody working in the store uses them. :)

I guess like the old restaurant story; if you visit a certain national variety of food restaurant and lots of the customers are of that nationality, it's probably quite good. :)

Gatling

Jul 23, 2014
USA
Hey everyone this is my first post as I have only recently stumbled upon this forum. I would like to say that I love the honest and helpful replies users have provided for the OP (gbear).

Regarding the OPs post I would also like to report that I had just encountered the same issue with my vuse. I bought the solo and it worked great and is leaps beyond the first e-cig I tried years ago (njoy disposable, flavor : original).
Anyway when I purchased a refill I did so already knowing that people have had issues with the cartridges being defective or something of that nature. I got home and opened one and locked it in to the base device only to see my base needed to be charged. It took all of 60 seconds for the base to charge which I found odd, but when I tried to take a puff the LED began blinking red and white alternatively.
The other cartridge from the same pack worked just fine (even after that entire debacle)... well that threw me into a tiff.

Brought the refills back to HESS where I frequently purchase cigarettes and gas from, to explain the situation and ask for an exchange; they treated me as a thief and a liar to summarize. The next thing I did was to call the number on the back of the refill pack which connected me to a vuse rep that was extremely pleasant and helpful.
I had to sign up for an account to get service which was the only real negative of the entire ordeal, but they mailed me multiple coupons each one would allow me to get refills for only $1.

TLDR: same thing as experienced by OP. happy ending, $1 refills

VUSE is a very nice re-chargeable e-smoke. It flashes white when the cartridge is empty and red and white when the battery needs to be re-charged. But, RJ Reynolds is keeping a secret from the users.
About one in every 10 cartridges is a dud and will blink red and white out of the blister pack. You may get one or two unsatisfactory puffs off of it and then it will blink. Then you will think you need to re-charge your battery but it still wont work. I have called them on this several times. At first they sent me coupons for replacements, but then they promised coupons but didn't send them. My advice is if you get a dud out of the package call and complain. The number is on the package. Always save the package and be sure the cartridge works. It is a very frustrating problem with VUSE.

Hello Everyone, I am new to the forum (post #1 :) ) I stumbled across the site when searching for an explanation of the red/white flash. Happened to me a couple of times now, which is frustrating as these cartridges cost $3.00 a piece and sometimes they come out of the box already broken. I've been using the Vuse e-cigs for a couple of months and really love them, but this problem makes me crazy! Especially when it's the last one you have!

Just connect to charger for a minute then disconnect it put cartridge back on take a puff should do the same take another puff and it works worked for me

I just tried this and no luck. However, I decided to keep inhaling and all of a sudden it worked. A couple more times it's got the flash but then it works again. Thanks!

ProjektMayhem

ECF Veteran
Aug 8, 2014
Mooresville, NC, USA
From what I've been reading across the internet it seems like a lot of people are having trouble with their VUSE. People are saying that there is a dud in almost every pack and that's not good since only 2 cartos come in a pack. $6 is a lot of money for 1 working carto. W

When I first got into vaping I was using the V2 Cigs cig-a-likes and they were okay for a little while. I was buying the cartos and going thru those pretty fast. Then I switch to their clearomizer and buying juice and filling it myself. That was a little cheaper. And then I finally went to the vape shop down the road from my house and seeing their eGo's and mods opened up a whole new door for me. I bought a mod and a really nice tank and never looked back. If I would stop buying new stuff every week that I don't need it would be a lot cheaper than it is right now but it's STILL cheaper than smoking ever was!

But that's just my story and if you really like VUSE keep using it by all means I'm not trying to tell you go out and buy all kinds of mods or anything. I'm just telling you the path that I took and sharing some vaping knowledge with you. Just use whatever makes you happy! :2c:

katie88

Sep 28, 2014
WI, USA
It is the little metal pins inside the cartridge! Sometimes, they are bent. If you look inside the e-cig and inside the cartridges where they connect when you click them together, you will see 3 concentric circles. The little metal pins within the cartridge must line up perfectly with the concentric circles inside the cartridge and the e-cig in order to make a metal-on-metal connection. I take a very tiny little screwdriver and make sure the metal pins within the cartridge line up exactly with their respective circle within the cartridge. It works everytime, but may take a little bit of tinkering to make the initial connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread